Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter google youtube

Author Topic: Book 3 goes on hiatus this Friday  (Read 7015 times)

Offline avatarcycle

• Pro-bending Fan
  • Championship Pot: 1
  • Wuz dis?
    • The Avatar Cycle
Book 3 goes on hiatus this Friday
« on: July 23, 2014, 08:40:26 PM »
The Avatar Cycle never stops

Offline Av

• Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 152
Re: Book 3 goes on hiatus this Friday
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2014, 08:51:00 PM »
what
AV IS FLAWLESS
I HEAR HIS SNARK IS INSURED FOR 10000 DOLLARS
I HEAR HE MAKES AVATAR COMMERCIALS IN TIAWAN
ONE TIME HE HIT ON ME
...IT WAS AWESOME

Offline Cassidy Alice

• "Laughter's the best medicine!"
  • Task Force
  • Winner!
  • Championship Pot: 262
    • Cassidy's Fanfiction
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2014, 08:57:15 PM »
This has been all over tumblr so I've seen a lot of different arguements about whether or not this is true because the source may or may not be wrong, but if this is true, Nick definitely isn't doing themselves any favors. :|

Set from tumblr. © Respective owners
Fanfiction | FictionPress | Tumblr | dA

Offline WaterLady

• dealwithit.gif
  • Councilwoman WaterLady / Moderator
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 113
  • SEND HELP
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2014, 09:41:43 PM »

this better be some false info
my channel guide still shows 2 episodes so i'm calling BS until we get something from Nick
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 09:51:14 PM by WaterLady »

the doctor is out...

Offline Autumn

• Master Sketch Bender
  • Waterbending Healer
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 141
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2014, 09:53:39 PM »
The LOK part of Tumblr's exploding. According to a lot of people, Nick and More is a reliable source, but I'm really hoping it's not true. Of all the s**t Nick pulled, this has to be the worst.

They give us the release date for LOK A WEEK in advance, don't advertise it, and pull the episodes cause they don't know why the ratings are so low. This has seriously ruined the rest of my week. Korra's the only thing I look forward to since I have nothing going for me. The only consolation is that the Korra panel at ComiCon is this Friday, so Bryke will hopefully give us more information.

Some people on Tumblr are saying that LOK may be moved to Nicktoons. I don't mind that cause I actually HAVE that channel, but not everyone does.

To say I'm upset about this is the greatest understatement of the century.

ATLA Keeps (click to show/hide)
-Aang’s tattoos
-Kataang’s fluffiness
-Toph’s earthbending sight

LOK Keeps (click to show/hide)
-The Kataang Family Portrait
-Tenzin’s Tattoos
-Toph’s Statue
-Korra's Appa Plushie
-Pokey the Lemur

Offline wherewulf

• Councilman wherewulf / Moderator
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 130
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2014, 10:11:05 PM »
It might be better if I did put my foot in my mouth, so I won't say something I'll regret.  If this is true... with the sole exception of Fox Cuisinarting Firefly, what an incredible way to ruin a series!  Wow.

Offline Autumn

• Master Sketch Bender
  • Waterbending Healer
  • Knockout!
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2014, 10:17:28 PM »
The not really funny funny part is that it was Nickelodeon that asked for more seasons. as great as this season is, I think Bryke agreeing to add a 3rd and 4th season was a huge mistake...

-Aang’s tattoos
-Kataang’s fluffiness

-Tenzin’s Tattoos
-Toph’s Statue
-Korra's Appa Plushie
-Pokey the Lemur

Offline Free_Spirit

• Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 71
  • Freespirit81 on deviantART. ;)
    • Free_Spirit's Art
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2014, 11:38:54 PM »
They had BETTER show the rest of Book 3 and Book 4! Otherwise, I might just be done with Nickelodeon for good! >:(
"We're all connected. Everything is connected."
(Avatar Aang)

Offline Cassidy Alice

• Task Force
  • Winner!
    • Cassidy's Fanfiction
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2014, 11:51:08 PM »
Well, Nick did ask for Books 3 and 4 so, I'm sure we're getting them but we just don't know when. And not everyone has Nicktoons so if Nick airs Book 3 on Nicktoons and then says their ratings are still low, I'm calling them out on it. XD

Offline Autumn

• Master Sketch Bender
  • Waterbending Healer
  • Knockout!
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2014, 12:04:39 AM »
Bryan just posted this on his Tumblr:

http://bryankonietzko.tumblr.com/post/92677924067

What does "moving to digital" mean?

-Aang’s tattoos
-Kataang’s fluffiness

-Tenzin’s Tattoos
-Toph’s Statue
-Korra's Appa Plushie
-Pokey the Lemur

Offline Cassidy Alice

• Task Force
  • Winner!
    • Cassidy's Fanfiction
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2014, 12:25:58 AM »
Bryan just posted this on his Tumblr:

http://bryankonietzko.tumblr.com/post/92677924067

What does "moving to digital" mean?

From what I understand, it might have something to do with with how the show is transmitted from the network to TVs, but if that's the case, I can't really see why Bryan would find that worthwhile to mention because digital would mean the show gets better quality, but it's already in HD, so...I dunno. Also the fandom's kind of in chaos and I'd imagine majority of the fans are only really interested or care about when the show is airing again and wouldn't really find the moving to digital bit too important unless it prevented them from getting LoK. XD This is all speculation on my part though, after asking someone more knowledgeable than me. So, I might have gotten the facts wrong or something. I guess we'll have to wait until friday to find out.

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 214
  • I'm Fenix and don't you forget it!!
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2014, 12:34:19 AM »
Well, Nick did ask for Books 3 and 4 so, I'm sure we're getting them but we just don't know when. And not everyone has Nicktoons so if Nick airs Book 3 on Nicktoons and then says their ratings are still low, I'm calling them out on it. XD

They're not going to air it on Nicktoons. Nicktoons only shows original series and repeats of finished shows. I've never once heard of them moving a show to Nicktoons that's currently still ongoing on their main channel. Unless they go the Gravity Falls route which is being moved to Disney XD for a season and then will be pulled right back later on. I dunno why they do that though, apparently it's to boost ratings and it worked with Phineas and Ferb. I doubt Nick would do that though.

I dunno, I can't help think that people might be freaking out over nothing. Like they're just putting it online in a way that gives them ratings while also airing them on their channel. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Extraordinarily awesome sig by Zevinja!!

Offline Cassidy Alice

• Task Force
  • Winner!
    • Cassidy's Fanfiction
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2014, 12:36:12 AM »
The rest of Book 3 will be aired online. Mike said so on his FB page apparently. (x)
<< Post Merge: July 24, 2014, 12:38:42 AM >>

They're not going to air it on Nicktoons. Nicktoons only shows original series and repeats of finished shows. I've never once heard of them moving a show to Nicktoons that's currently still ongoing on their main channel. Unless they go the Gravity Falls route which is being moved to Disney XD for a season and then will be pulled right back later on. I dunno why they do that though, apparently it's to boost ratings and it worked with Phineas and Ferb. I doubt Nick would do that though.

I dunno, I can't help think that people might be freaking out over nothing. Like they're just putting it online in a way that gives them ratings while also airing them on their channel. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Yeah, I didn't expect them to put it on Nicktoons, but their handling of Book 3 has been unpredictable to say the least, so it could've been a possibility. And, I have to admit, I'm a bit miffed that LoK is moving online, because I payed for TV package that has Nick and now it's no longer airing on it. It's a completely shallow reason, but still, hehe. ^^'
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 12:38:42 AM by Cassidy Alice »

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2014, 12:38:43 AM »
Well I guess I don't mind too much, I'm possibly going to be losing Directv in a week or so anyways. Still I hope that I don't have to endure watching them through Nick.com, their videos hate me.

Offline Cassidy Alice

• Task Force
  • Winner!
    • Cassidy's Fanfiction
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2014, 12:41:15 AM »
I feel like that's probably how we'll be getting them. It seems like some of the other sites make you pay and putting the rest of the episodes on iTunes or Amazon and then charging for them when they haven't been aired on TV might just make fans a heck of a lot angrier. XD

Offline Autumn

• Master Sketch Bender
  • Waterbending Healer
  • Knockout!
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2014, 12:42:56 AM »
Well this is a HUGE pain in the ass. So, what's gonna happen with season 4? I think it should air on Nicktoons and be available online for those who don't have Nicktoons. Of course, I'm just a bit biased cause I have Nicktoons... *Sigh* Guess we have to wait till Friday's Korra panel for more info.

Today started out so well. All went to hell pretty quickly. Knew this was too good to last...

-Aang’s tattoos
-Kataang’s fluffiness

-Tenzin’s Tattoos
-Toph’s Statue
-Korra's Appa Plushie
-Pokey the Lemur

Offline Cassidy Alice

• Task Force
  • Winner!
    • Cassidy's Fanfiction
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2014, 12:48:25 AM »
I hope the show does air on TV because otherwise, it's not the same. And I feel really bad for Mike and Bryan and the crew the worked on the show because Nick is treating it like dirt and constantly pulling it and changing the time and such.

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2014, 12:49:03 AM »
I feel like that's probably how we'll be getting them. It seems like some of the other sites make you pay and putting the rest of the episodes on iTunes or Amazon and then charging for them when they haven't been aired on TV might just make fans a heck of a lot angrier. XD

Well I hope animeultima.tv still uploads them in HD. That's the best free place I've found them so far.

I'm actually more depressed that I won't be able to watch Gravity Falls as it airs then Korra, because I dunno where I can watch that online and I refuse to go looking for livestreams, which also hate my computer.

Well this is a HUGE pain in the ass. So, what's gonna happen with season 4? I think it should air on Nicktoons and be available online for those who don't have Nicktoons. Of course, I'm just a bit biased cause I have Nicktoons... *Sigh* Guess we have to wait till Friday's Korra panel for more info.

Today started out so well. All went to hell pretty quickly. Knew this was too good to last...

We don't know, depends on how far away season 4 is. For all we know it could air on Nick itself once again, it'd be weird, but it's not like Nick has ever made a lot of sense in the way it treats its shows. I wonder if they'll end up pulling any other shows off air.

Offline Cassidy Alice

• Task Force
  • Winner!
    • Cassidy's Fanfiction
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2014, 12:56:32 AM »
I vote Spongebob because there's only so much you can do with a talking sponge, but that seems about as likely as me winning a grammy award, so... XD

But yeah, I really do hope Book 4 airs on TV because it'll be the last LoK book of the series and I think Mike and Bryan mentioned being done with the whole ATLA/LoK universe after that, so it'd be nice to have the very last LoK book air on TV and online so everyone can see it.

Offline Autumn

• Master Sketch Bender
  • Waterbending Healer
  • Knockout!
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2014, 01:00:11 AM »

We don't know, depends on how far away season 4 is. For all we know it could air on Nick itself once again, it'd be weird, but it's not like Nick has ever made a lot of sense in the way it treats its shows. I wonder if they'll end up pulling any other shows off air.
Of course they won't! I mean, look at all the AWESOME SHOWS on Nick these days! Spongebob, that rabbit thing, Sanjay and Craig, Spongebob, Breadwinners... Spongebob... that's pretty much it...

-Aang’s tattoos
-Kataang’s fluffiness

-Tenzin’s Tattoos
-Toph’s Statue
-Korra's Appa Plushie
-Pokey the Lemur

CREDITS:

Forum coded by Seluna
Logo illustrations courtesy of terrik_zion and Seluna.
-----

Enjoy the site?
You can donate to help with hosting and maintenance costs!

-----

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:

The Korra Connection is an unofficial, non-profit fansite made by fans. It is in no way affiliated with Nickelodeon, Viacom, creators Bryan Konietzko and Michael Dante DiMartino or anything else related to the Avatar: The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra or related franchises. All ownership rights are respected by the staff of this site and no copyright infringement is intended.