Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter google youtube

Author Topic: Irosami!  (Read 5960 times)

Offline Secrets

• feathered and lethal
  • Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 73
Re: Irosami!
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2012, 05:09:53 AM »
That fanart is quite adorbs.

Offline teatimeallthetime

• Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 16
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2012, 05:24:12 AM »
That fanart is quite adorbs.

Can you imagine how hot their children would be?? Well you don't have to because someone on deviantart did it for us!

It's by RollaD6 on deviant art!
dalink: http://rollad6.deviantart.com/art/Moon-Drops-Fire-336295746

yeahh i have no life...

Offline Secrets

• feathered and lethal
  • Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 73
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2012, 05:26:08 AM »
THAT IS AMAZING HOLY CRAP

Offline Nightcrawler

• Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 52
  • sig via tumblr, icon by delanynder
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2012, 05:42:17 AM »
I just died from sexy overload.

Everyone's story begins once upon a time...and it's up to us to cherish the time we're given to ensure we live happily ever after.

Offline Spruce

• They don't think it be like it is...
  • Chi Blocker
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 150
  • ...but it do
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2012, 11:54:55 AM »
I actually got crushed by the cuteness on that one. And I don't even mind.
The best posts I ever made were the ones I didn't make.

Offline Fourtune

• There is simply no meaning to life if you live like a dead man.
  • Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 69
  • We gotta make the dream come true!! Step by step!!
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2012, 12:56:23 PM »
I'm kind of guessing early to mid 20s for Iroh too, but that's just my gut intuition at this point.

Look, I understand the trepidation with this one. It's too easy, it's just because they look good and look good together.

But I just have this feeling like A) it's going to happen, and B) it has huge potential to be really interesting. We don't know a ton about Iroh's character yet, but I'm certain we will soon once the new season starts. Just going off initial impressions, I'm getting a Zuko-but-a-touch-more-mellow vibe. He stops to think about the next move, but he's highly driven to accomplish it. He's probably going to be reflective of a nice mix of Zuko cut with Mai's calmer, more methodical tendencies.

If my vibe is accurate, I could see a confidant and foil to Asami as she grapples with the heartbreak of losing Mako, while still considering him and Korra to be her close friends. It's logical to think she might be more comfortable opening up about that to someone outside the "New Gaang Main Circle" (Korra/Mako/Bolin/Asami).

So while it'll be a tad controversial with a lot of people "/sighing" over it being too convenient, I think there's real possibilities here that could be great on their own merits. And I hope they are, because I still don't have a Korra ship I'm really passionate about ;_; (luckily I enjoy the show even without one).

If I do let myself indulge a little here: sweet jeebus, it would be hot. And while Asami doesn't need a man (a point which will be hammered home under no uncertain terms if this ship shows any life), she's rightfulyl considered a wonderful girl and sure is pleasent to see such chracters have that kind of happiness in their life.

And if this ship goes nowhere we can always ship me with Asami I wouldn't mind I'm just sayin

Haha, look at you makin' moves at the end there! *coughsorrydudeIgottabegreedyonthisonecough*

Yeah, I'm gonna be honest. I honestly feel like Bryke couldn't have possibly given Iroh II Zuko's teenage voice if he was just gonna turn out to be a mid-30-something-year-old man. That doesn't strike me as their style. At the same time, for him to be a general I don't think a mere three-year difference, like 21 or so, would cut it. I honestly see him in his mid-to-late 20s, somewhere like 24 to…27, 28 at the absolute max.

Regarding his personality; as Maiko grand!spawn, it's only fitting that he would absorb traits from both of them in his personality, especially if his mother was telling him epic tales as he grew up about the adventures of grandma and grandpa from back when grandpa was helping Avatar Aang save the world from the Hundred Year War and start up the United Republic. (And considering we at least know grandpa's still alive, it's a safe bet he did some telling of his own -- even without counting the fact that Iroh pretty much said so himself at one point when Aang's statue helped him out during the book 1 finale.) Having legends for role models and adult figures in one's life tends to have an effect.

You mention how this pairing would be controversial in part because people would find Irosami as "too convenient". My take is, yes. There would be controversy. Because shipping, Avatar, and controversy are an OT3 all their own. There's no getting around it. However, I can't see it being as big a deal as it would've been if, say, Asami started shacking up with Bolin. That would smack of "pair the spares" and "brother gets the leftovers", which honestly would sit badly with more people than Irosami and not just because it world be by design even more of a "ship of convenience". I think even a couple of Bosami shippers back during the KF days pretty much admitted it wouldn't be too comfortable a sight for them playing out in canon.

But this isn't about dragging down Bosami; I was just using that as an example to demonstrate something that Irosami would be relatively in the clear about. Ultimately this goes back to something you got into a little bit, Spruce. The way things have been muddied up in the Krew, Asami would do better stepping outside the lines as far as future romantic endeavors.

And Iroh does seem to fit her not only in terms of looks, but personality-wise as well. She's never actually gotten into anything villainous to my knowledge, but she does strike me as someone capable of "going rogue for the right reasons". Matter of fact, in relation to her father that's exactly what she did. Meanwhile Iroh's grown up around royalty and worked his way up into becoming a navy general. You have a "rebel and authority" dynamic (which, considering a couple of my crossover ships, I can't say I'd complain about) between two characters who are both confident, skilled, and have a deep sense of honor/right and wrong. They could both stand to learn and grow from each other. And that's saying something -- not sure how much, but something -- considering I think they're both more mature than all the rest of Asami's Krew teammates at the moment.

I'm not sure if I see them getting attached and making out relatively quickly, or if it'll be a…actually, it WOULD be a more gradual thing. I doubt Asami would be too sure at first, if the thought would even cross her mind that quickly, about dating an older guy (relative to her age) who's out on the seas as part of his job so soon after things fell through with Mako. Not only might it look kinda pathetic, there's the risk of getting hurt again. But I think after awhile bonding awhile, she'd be able to come to trust him, and with that cloud lifted she would REALLY notice his features. Especially after knowing the man behind them…

Yeah…I feel like I already know Tahsami's most likely a pipe dream. But if this is what we're gonna get instead? I say bring it on.
This expertly-done set you see before you comes to TKC courtesy of SD’s Signature & Avatar Boutique!

Offline Spruce

• They don't think it be like it is...
  • Chi Blocker
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 150
  • ...but it do
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2012, 10:16:22 PM »
Son don't even be trippin' you know you got no chance when she can have Mr. Sprucey And I Know It chicka bang wow bb

Agreed with all of the above. I had the same brainwave about Bosami being in even deeper trouble if it went canon, every sleeper cell in the TV Tropes Troll Trauma Team would awaken to snuff that ship out as soon as it set sail out of the bay (not to say I'm totally opposed to that ship either, I just have a grim outlook on what fandom would do to it).

But unless we're totally wrong about the gut feeling we have from Iroh so far, there could be a plenty interesting dynamic and a palatable alternative to the more "seat of your pants" teenage love affair going on with the rest of the group.
The best posts I ever made were the ones I didn't make.

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 214
  • I'm Fenix and don't you forget it!!
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2012, 07:25:02 AM »
So I was going through some LOK shipping thread on Avatarspirit.net, and there were so many Irosami fans and fanart that I can't help it, I'm officially on board for this ship. It's beautiful.

Extraordinarily awesome sig by Zevinja!!

• Round 1!
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2012, 10:02:39 PM »
So I was going through some LOK shipping thread on Avatarspirit.net, and there were so many Irosami fans and fanart that I can't help it, I'm officially on board for this ship. It's beautiful.

WELCOME FENIX!! *gives yuan*
I originally shipped it for the looks but now that I've had proper time to think about it, it actually could happen if Bryke wanted it to.
And if you want to really get on board, I recommend going on FF.net and reading "Pleasures of War," by C. Jane Wright. WARNING: Its final chapter is smut-tastic.
This is the story that made me ship Irosami SO. HARD.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 02:03:17 AM by teatimeallthetime »

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2012, 12:07:39 AM »
Interesting. I'll check out that fic later.

Are we allowed to put fanart in this thread? Or do we need to make another thread for that. Because I really want to.

Offline divsalley

• Fire Sage Divs
  • Councilwoman Divs / Global Moderator
  • Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 85
  • Haters gonna Hate. :P
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2012, 01:17:25 AM »
as long as it doesn't become a fan art dump... but if you want, start a topic in the ALoK fan art board. that's cool. :)

My Keeps (click to show/hide)
LoK Keeps (click to show/hide)Korra and Naga's Friendship
Korra's Sass
Mako's Seriousness
Mako's Scarf
The Finale Makorra Hug and Twirl

ATLA Keeps (click to show/hide)Zuko's Destiny
Zuko's Finale Speech
Zuko's Honor
Zuko's Inner Fire
Zuko's Speech to Ozai in DoBS

Offline Sachianna

• Task Force
  • Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 22
  • Korra. Dat Face Tho.
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2012, 09:33:55 PM »
All I want is a Dapper!Iroh and a Stunning!Asami to stroll with linked arms in republic city central park. Asami may hold an umbrella and Iroh may twirl a cane. He may also wear a monocle.

But anyway, they are an aesthetically perfect couple. Besides, Asami loves her some firebending boys ;)

You can't spell FIERCE without FIRE.
               OH MY GOD IT'S KATAANGLED.

• Round 1!
« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2012, 11:20:38 PM »
All I want is a Dapper!Iroh and a Stunning!Asami to stroll with linked arms in republic city central park. Asami may hold an umbrella and Iroh may twirl a cane. He may also wear a monocle.

But anyway, they are an aesthetically perfect couple. Besides, Asami loves her some firebending boys ;)

ermagerd Iroh with a cane!!!.... I feel weird to be so attracted to a cartoon character. But I like this. Let's hope this happens :3

Offline Nightcrawler

• Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 52
  • sig via tumblr, icon by delanynder
« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2012, 01:51:04 AM »
Believe me, you're not the only one that gets attracted to cartoon characters. XD

Everyone's story begins once upon a time...and it's up to us to cherish the time we're given to ensure we live happily ever after.

Offline Natti

• Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 75
    • Natti's deviantART Gallery
« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2012, 03:12:53 AM »
I still think this is a ship with the original Iroh whenever I see this thread. XD

I did this too! XD Then I realized that it was the new Iroh and it made a heck of a lot more sense. XD

Anyways. I'm open to this ship; it could be interesting. My mom predicts that it's gonna happen, but I think I'm gonna wait and see what actually happens in Season 2 before actually sailing it.

(Teatime, that fanart is adorable! :3)

Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart. <3

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2013, 05:13:24 AM »
I thought I'd revive this thread by posting my favorite Irosami fanart and basically the one that made me ship this.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Cowboy Colt

• We are free to stuggle but we are not stuggling to be free.
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 231
  • Comparison is the death of contentedness
    • www.fanfiction.net
« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2013, 05:20:42 AM »
That is so sweet it made my teeth hurt. I now ship it.

keeps and quotes (click to show/hide)
 ATLA keeps: Kataang lovemaking, "MY CABBAGES " line, Aangs quiet badassness
Main theme (click to show/hide)
[
Elevation requires separation.

Be thankful for each day that you have.

Member of the league of butts-Guardian's of the Markiplier fandom.

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2013, 05:37:56 AM »
You're welcome.

Yeah I'm guessing this is like the ultimate Irosami fanart, because it basically makes you ship it. Once you look at it, there's no escape. XDD

CREDITS:

Forum coded by Seluna
Logo illustrations courtesy of terrik_zion and Seluna.
-----

Enjoy the site?
You can donate to help with hosting and maintenance costs!

-----

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:

The Korra Connection is an unofficial, non-profit fansite made by fans. It is in no way affiliated with Nickelodeon, Viacom, creators Bryan Konietzko and Michael Dante DiMartino or anything else related to the Avatar: The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra or related franchises. All ownership rights are respected by the staff of this site and no copyright infringement is intended.