Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter google youtube

Author Topic: Nick will be airing 2 eps per week for the remainder of Book 3's schedule  (Read 1920 times)

Offline DoubleRussia

• Lovable Jerk
  • Pro-bending Fan
  • Championship Pot: 3
I'm sorry, but I don't think this is Nick being smart.  This is Nick treating an asset like an embarrassment, Nick being penny-wise and pound-foolish when it comes to not advertising their product.  Even if the fanbase is small compared to other things, is this any way to make it grow?

The thing is, Nick sees that the series's growth in terms of a fan base is stagnating, which is why they're treating it the way they are, expect Korra not to last too much longer, as it appears countless people, myself included, didn't just quite make the transition over to LoK.

spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline wherewulf

• Councilman wherewulf / Moderator
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 130
Which is something I don't understand.  I agree, several of my friends who were deeply into ATLA are either "meh" about Korra or completely turned off by it.

If you have an asset to use, though--and Nick has a little less than half of the series yet to broadcast and has (currently) given the show an 8:00 p.m. U.S. Eastern time slot (which isn't shabby at all, that's prime time)--why not try to gain new fans and re-engage the part of the fandom you've lost?  Why not spread the show out and advertise about good stuff coming up to encourage interest, on TV, Twitter, and elsewhere?  Why ball the show up so Season 3 can be disposed of in little over a month?

Offline DoubleRussia

• Lovable Jerk
  • Pro-bending Fan
  • Championship Pot: 3
Which is something I don't understand.  I agree, several of my friends who were deeply into ATLA are either "meh" about Korra or completely turned off by it.

If you have an asset to use, though--and Nick has a little less than half of the series yet to broadcast and has (currently) given the show an 8:00 p.m. U.S. Eastern time slot (which isn't shabby at all, that's prime time)--why not try to gain new fans and re-engage the part of the fandom you've lost?  Why not spread the show out and advertise about good stuff coming up to encourage interest, on TV, Twitter, and elsewhere?  Why ball the show up so Season 3 can be disposed of in little over a month?

I wouldn't know but maybe Nick doesn't see that it's worth it to try, as the show is already, like I said, going into a steady decline until it's mercifully ended.

spoiler (click to show/hide)

CREDITS:

Forum coded by Seluna
Logo illustrations courtesy of terrik_zion and Seluna.
-----

Enjoy the site?
You can donate to help with hosting and maintenance costs!

-----

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:

The Korra Connection is an unofficial, non-profit fansite made by fans. It is in no way affiliated with Nickelodeon, Viacom, creators Bryan Konietzko and Michael Dante DiMartino or anything else related to the Avatar: The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra or related franchises. All ownership rights are respected by the staff of this site and no copyright infringement is intended.