Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter google youtube

Author Topic: Nick will be airing 2 eps per week for the remainder of Book 3's schedule  (Read 1921 times)

Offline WaterLady

• dealwithit.gif
  • Councilwoman WaterLady / Moderator
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 113
  • SEND HELP

ohhh jeez....

way to rush through the series, Nick... -_-;

the doctor is out...

Offline Eva

• Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 21
If they end up following through with this schedule then the finale will air August 8th.

Nick, I don't know what to say anymore.... -___-;;;
I might hate myself tomorrow, but I'm on my way tonight
At the bottom of the bottle, you're the poison in the wine
And I know, I can't change you and I won't change
Let's be lonely together, a little less lonely together

Offline Av

• Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 152
... Nope, I'm still excited. The multiple episode format is doing it for me. I can't be angry at every decision Nick is making anymore, it's exhausting. They aren't airing an episode per day like they did with the end of Book 3, they're giving us an hour long presentation. I can get behind that.
AV IS FLAWLESS
I HEAR HIS SNARK IS INSURED FOR 10000 DOLLARS
I HEAR HE MAKES AVATAR COMMERCIALS IN TIAWAN
ONE TIME HE HIT ON ME
...IT WAS AWESOME

Offline Eva

• Round 1!
... Nope, I'm still excited. The multiple episode format is doing it for me. I can't be angry at every decision Nick is making anymore, it's exhausting. They aren't airing an episode per day like they did with the end of Book 3, they're giving us an hour long presentation. I can get behind that.

Oh, don't get me wrong! I'm completely excited. We'll get the finale, earlier - it's great!

It's just... a little frustrating too, I guess? I read a couple of tweets that Nick sent out a couple of days ago and it seems like they're completely relying on word of mouth from the fans instead of paying the money to advertise.

It's hard to understand the corporation's motives/plans... I guess I'll just leave it at that.

Offline Cowboy Colt

• We are free to stuggle but we are not stuggling to be free.
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 231
  • Comparison is the death of contentedness
    • www.fanfiction.net

Oh, don't get me wrong! I'm completely excited. We'll get the finale, earlier - it's great!

It's just... a little frustrating too, I guess? I read a couple of tweets that Nick sent out a couple of days ago and it seems like they're completely relying on word of mouth from the fans instead of paying the money to advertise.

It's hard to understand the corporation's motives/plans... I guess I'll just leave it at that.

Indeed. I like the 'feature length hour' plan as well, but they don't advertise it at all. Its not like I watch Nick much, but I didn't see one add for Korra leading up to book 3's release. They just want to shove it in the closet and beat it like a red headed stepchild.

keeps and quotes (click to show/hide)
 ATLA keeps: Kataang lovemaking, "MY CABBAGES " line, Aangs quiet badassness
Main theme (click to show/hide)
[
Elevation requires separation.

Be thankful for each day that you have.

Member of the league of butts-Guardian's of the Markiplier fandom.

Offline Av

• Knockout!
I'm gonna be honest, I think this is Nick being smart. They know the majority audience for this show doesn't actually watch any of their other programming, and thus obviously wouldn't see any adverts they'd air on TV, so they put notifications on social media on the internet, where we're actually far more likely to see them.

This is probably the least stupid thing they've ever done, marketing-wise.
AV IS FLAWLESS
ONE TIME HE HIT ON ME
...IT WAS AWESOME

Offline Cowboy Colt

• Knockout!
    • www.fanfiction.net
True. That actually is pretty smart.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 09:36:04 PM by Cowboy Colt »

[

Offline Eva

• Round 1!
I'm gonna be honest, I think this is Nick being smart. They know the majority audience for this show doesn't actually watch any of their other programming, and thus obviously wouldn't see any adverts they'd air on TV, so they put notifications on social media on the internet, where we're actually far more likely to see them.

While I do consider it a smart move on Nick's part to utilize social media in their marketing/advertising attempt (especially with how prevalent social media has become in today's society), there are still plenty of fans (based on what I've seen) that don't know that Book 3 is even out.

There are fans on Tumblr that weren't even aware that the premiere aired last Friday... every day I go in the tags there's, at least, one new person asking what happened and/or asking for links to the episodes that they didn't even know aired.

Nick can't just completely rely on word of mouth; while it's great to have fans spreading the word, they still aren't a great source for getting the news out there. Nick has to advertise on all platforms - billboards, radio, other television channels and Internet sites - for that to happen on a successful scale.

They relied on fans to spread the word before the premiere last Friday. Did that work? Nope. The premiere had the lowest ratings in the history of the show (up until this point).

Nick needs to step all their game. I applaud them for making an attempt, but it's no where near far enough to what the show deserves.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 12:45:42 AM by Eva »

Offline aanglover

• Elite Borra Metalbender
  • Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 63
Yep...that's nick.

theres a petition for it..if anyones interested....
(click to show/hide)http://www.change.org/petitions/nickelodeon-television-network-provide-more-respect-to-the-legend-of-korra-by-being-more-competent-with-release-dates-airtime-handling-and-scheduling?share_id=jPYdsMvfrK&utm_campaign=friend_inviter_chat&utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=share_petition&utm_term=permissions_dialog_false
I, in all honesty do not believe Nick is being smart..no offense to your pov Av. I just think Nick's rushing it all. Rushing to get it aired and over with. Maybe I shouldn't think this way but that's how I feel.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 12:45:16 AM by aanglover »
click for HD

Keeps:
-Bolins look at Korra on Harmony Tower during their date
-Korras door busting abilities
-Bolin's pants-zipper scene
-the cake & rose Bolin gave Korra
-Anytime Toph calls Aang 'twinkletoes'

Offline ignite444

• Azula's Rage
  • Lightningbender
  • Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 15
  • Ultimate Firebender

Makes sense considering Avatar is really a selective fanbase to begin with. Seems to me more teens and adults watch it more than kids, and I'm cool with that. There's a lot of stuff in it that a kid just won't understand or get.

Still, they need to at LEAST advertise it better on the internet in some way shape or form if they are going to stick with this route.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 05:08:29 AM by ignite444 »

Offline Cassidy Alice

• "Laughter's the best medicine!"
  • Task Force
  • Winner!
  • Championship Pot: 262
    • Cassidy's Fanfiction
I'm thrilled to be getting an hour of Korra, but I can't figure out what Nick is doing at all with their handling of this show. XD

Set from tumblr. ę Respective owners
Fanfiction | FictionPress | Tumblr | dA

Offline ignite444

• Azula's Rage
  • Lightningbender
  • Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 15
  • Ultimate Firebender
This isn't the first time they've handled one of their best shows poorly. They did it with the original show before as well. :/ They'll advertise the hell out of their crappy shows, but not their good ones.

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 214
  • I'm Fenix and don't you forget it!!
My guess, it's to catch up to the leaks. If they aired it one episode at a time, we wouldn't get to episode 6 for another 3 weeks. I dunno if it's a smart move of Nick's or not, but I agree with Av. Getting angry over everything Nick does is exhausting to do and to see constantly in this fandom.

Another petition though? Yeesh, people need to realize that those do nothing and the big wigs of the TV Network don't give a crap. Petitions only work when you actually act on what you're petitioning, which is what activism is. Like boycotting or going on strike, things like that. If all you're going to do is write a random petition, have a petition and then do nothing else, it won't get anyone's attention. I'm not just talking about that Korra petition though, just online petitions in general.

Extraordinarily awesome sig by Zevinja!!

Offline aanglover

• Round 2!
My guess, it's to catch up to the leaks. If they aired it one episode at a time, we wouldn't get to episode 6 for another 3 weeks. I dunno if it's a smart move of Nick's or not, but I agree with Av. Getting angry over everything Nick does is exhausting to do and to see constantly in this fandom.

Another petition though? Yeesh, people need to realize that those do nothing and the big wigs of the TV Network don't give a crap. Petitions only work when you actually act on what you're petitioning, which is what activism is. Like boycotting or going on strike, things like that. If all you're going to do is write a random petition, have a petition and then do nothing else, it won't get anyone's attention. I'm not just talking about that Korra petition though, just online petitions in general.
I signed it cuz I figured it really couldn't do any harm...lol
Yes, i'm enraged...does it exhaust me..not really. Cuz it's a show. It wont take up my every waking thought or anything lol.

And yea...nick doesn't give a crap....doesn't matter what we do.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 10:54:54 PM by aanglover »
click for HD

Keeps:

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
Don't you want the petitions to do a little harm towards what it's petitioning against? XD I see petitions so often though in all the many fandoms I'm in that I'm kinda sick of them. I wish they did work, but the fact that they don't makes me feel like it's pointless to sign.

I'm a little mixed about them burning through Korra so fast myself, but I don't see much reason to get mad about it. I see this as something to be happy about it because honestly having an extra episode to be able to watch next friday is actually gonna be feel nice, especially knowing that Korra episodes often end on cliffhangers. I'm not the biggest fan that it's going to end sooner than it normally, but I choose to see the bright side of the situation. That and I'm allergic to negativity in general. XDD

Offline Av

• Knockout!
Petitions are great for proving that people want more of a show and want it to stay on the air, because every signature is another consumer the networks can count as being reliable. Petitions for nearly anything else involved in television are transitory displays more than anything else.
AV IS FLAWLESS
ONE TIME HE HIT ON ME
...IT WAS AWESOME

Offline Cowboy Colt

• Knockout!
    • www.fanfiction.net
And that's what I love about you, Fe. Why be allergic to negativity when you can be allergic to something else? Epi  pens make great assassination devices, anyway. 

Jokes aside, I do enjoy the fact that we'll get story developments faster. And when the series ends we can talk about it on our senile friendly mobile devices with our old, bad selves.

[

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
Petitions are great for proving that people want more of a show and want it to stay on the air, because every signature is another consumer the networks can count as being reliable. Petitions for nearly anything else involved in television are transitory displays more than anything else.

But how often has an internet petition for a tv show bore any fruit? It's a great idea when it's something important, I agree, but unfortunately it doesn't solve many problems when the people it's getting sent to don't listen. I think petitions have to work when it rustles up some people to act on it, otherwise it doesn't make so much as a footprint in the sand.

And that's what I love about you, Fe. Why be allergic to negativity when you can be allergic to something else? Epi  pens make great assassination devices, anyway. 

Jokes aside, I do enjoy the fact that we'll get story developments faster. And when the series ends we can talk about it on our senile friendly mobile devices with our old, bad selves.

I have to be allergic to something I guess. XD

Offline wherewulf

• Councilman wherewulf / Moderator
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 130
I'm sorry, but I don't think this is Nick being smart.  This is Nick treating an asset like an embarrassment, Nick being penny-wise and pound-foolish when it comes to not advertising their product.  Even if the fanbase is small compared to other things, is this any way to make it grow?

Offline aanglover

• Round 2!
I'm sorry, but I don't think this is Nick being smart.  This is Nick treating an asset like an embarrassment, Nick being penny-wise and pound-foolish when it comes to not advertising their product.  Even if the fanbase is small compared to other things, is this any way to make it grow?
wherewulf says things i try to say but fail at saying....that reason up there...^^^
*nods & agrees*
click for HD

Keeps:

CREDITS:

Forum coded by Seluna
Logo illustrations courtesy of terrik_zion and Seluna.
-----

Enjoy the site?
You can donate to help with hosting and maintenance costs!

-----

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:

The Korra Connection is an unofficial, non-profit fansite made by fans. It is in no way affiliated with Nickelodeon, Viacom, creators Bryan Konietzko and Michael Dante DiMartino or anything else related to the Avatar: The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra or related franchises. All ownership rights are respected by the staff of this site and no copyright infringement is intended.