Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter google youtube

Author Topic: Percy Jackson and Heroes of Olympus  (Read 54809 times)

Offline wherewulf

• Councilman wherewulf / Moderator
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 130
Re: Percy Jackson and Heroes of Olympus
« Reply #1020 on: November 06, 2015, 07:29:00 PM »
Can he even enter CHB if he's mortal now? Everyone assumes that's where Apollo will go, but I dunno, he could actually just meet some of them outside the camp in New York or something.
Yeah for sure I could definitely see it going that way too. I think he could? Did Rachel enter CHB before she became the oracle?
That's a good point... I'm pretty sure mortals can't enter unless they're given special permission or something.

Apollo wouldn't be able to stay on olympus if he's human right? So I'm assuming he'll have to at least make a visit to CHB. I'd love to see the dynamic between him and his children if they are the same "age"!
I know same! That would be so weird, for your dad to suddenly be the same age as you, or only a few years older. I'm interested in seeing if Will Solace becomes more of a major character in this series since he is a son of Apollo.

Back to the Future meets Edith Hamilton.  :D
Hah! Hi Fluw. Fancy seeing you in this thread. XD

Hey, Eulb!  Fancy indeed.  :D

Would it make sense to say that Camp Half-Blood is a place Apollo might get help?  It would be a concentration of Olympian folks, if nothing else.

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 214
  • I'm Fenix and don't you forget it!!
« Reply #1021 on: November 07, 2015, 04:20:03 AM »
That may be true but it's still not the only place he can get help, assuming he actually wants help after all. See I have a hard time seeing him try to get into Camp Half Blood cuz he'd probably be too ashamed of letting people know he's Apollo, so how would he get into the camp if he's on the down low?

Extraordinarily awesome sig by Zevinja!!

Offline Blue Flame

• Pro-bending Fan
  • Championship Pot: 5
« Reply #1022 on: November 08, 2015, 04:16:36 PM »
Ooh I see what you're saying, Fenix. Yeah, idk. All I know is that he will eventually see all the characters from the previous series. That may be at Camp, or may not be.

Maybe he hides his identity for a while? Maybe he actually isn't ashamed and just asks for help? Who knows.
<< Post Merge: November 08, 2015, 10:31:52 PM >>

Oh, also: https://www.qzzr.com/c/quiz/116605/d03d4b6c-d85f-4c0e-a1c3-c9155e973ce5

That quiz is a really good one on who your godly parent would be if you were a demigod. The author of the quiz tried to create questions that weren't outright obvious what your result would be to minimize cheating to get a certain answer. Some of the questions still are a little obvious, but it's the best quiz I've seen so far. The author tried to make it similar to the Pottermore quiz.

I took it and got Athena as my godly parent. That was without cheating and trying to answer the questions as honestly as I could (I really thought I was going to get Apollo). Interestingly enough, my fiancÚ took it as well (also answering honestly), and got Poseidon. :P
« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 10:31:52 PM by Blue Flame »

Offline ThePaintedLady

• Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 14
« Reply #1023 on: November 09, 2015, 01:03:53 PM »
I got Athena. I never really thought about who my parent would be - I always thought I'd end up with a more "homely" god like Demeter or Hestia. But it does make sense to a degree I've been meaning to do some more research into it. Maybe take the quiz again.

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
« Reply #1024 on: December 01, 2015, 02:59:19 AM »
I got Apollo, that's pretty much what I expected. I always felt I could fit in with his family and as his kid.

Offline Blue Flame

• Pro-bending Fan
« Reply #1025 on: May 09, 2016, 11:06:54 PM »
I read through the Trials of Apollo and LOVED it. I will admit, the story itself -- the plot and everything -- wasn't quite as intriguing and fast-paced as previous PJO books have been. Also, maybe this is because it's only the first book in the series, but this one felt like a ton of exposition and less action, setting the series up to be more action later. What kept me reading and really enjoying it were the characters, both the ones that we know and love, and the new ones whom I came to love by the end of the book.

The best character by far has to be Apollo. He is just as whiny, overly dramatic, and dorky as I'd hoped, and more. I read through it so quickly, I'm going through it again more slowly this time just to catch some things I may have missed the first time.

For those of you who have read Magnus Chase (no spoilers), Trials of Apollo takes place at the same time.

I know the chances of anyone having read this book (who are also still active on the site) are pretty slim, but... if you have, I am so ready to talk about it. @_@

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
« Reply #1026 on: May 09, 2016, 11:27:41 PM »
I'd like to read it but don't have the money or time, and I'd have to wait forever just to get it at my library.

Offline Blue Flame

• Pro-bending Fan
« Reply #1027 on: May 11, 2016, 12:12:48 AM »
Awh man, that's too bad... if I had a link to a pdf online, I'd give it to you. Somebody will post one eventually, I'm sure.

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
« Reply #1028 on: May 11, 2016, 12:30:50 AM »
That's sweet of ya, although I have the hardest time reading books on the computer anyways. XD I know several spoilers already anyways, so if you wanna talk about it go right ahead.

Offline Blue Flame

• Pro-bending Fan
« Reply #1029 on: May 13, 2016, 11:47:22 PM »
Well some of the biggest things were...

(click to show/hide)This I suspected, but Will and Nico becoming officially canon in their relationship.

And of course, Leo and Calypso returning! With Festus!! And apparently they are joining Apollo on his next quest. That is an interesting hodgepodge of people.

Also this isn't really a spoiler and kind of only means something if you've read the first Magnus Chase book, but there's a reference to Apollo meeting Frey and thinking he is really hot?? XD

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
« Reply #1030 on: May 14, 2016, 01:18:50 AM »
(click to show/hide)We're getting more Leo and Calypso? Heck to the yes!! They became one of my favorite ships in the last series so this excites me!

Any new characters that are playing a big part in the books?

Offline Blue Flame

• Pro-bending Fan
« Reply #1031 on: May 14, 2016, 03:34:20 AM »
(click to show/hide) yes we are!! I always liked Leo's character and I thought it was fitting for him to be the one to find a way to get Calypso off her island. It sounds like they are going to be a pretty big part of the next book.

I think they have plans on going West, so possibly a reunion with Jason, Piper, Hazel, Frank, and Reyna is in store!!

Yeah! The most important new character is a demigod named Meg McCaffrey. She's with Apollo for basically the whole book. She's a daughter of
(click to show/hide)Demeter, and she and Apollo end up getting separated at the end of the book, and he resolves to find her. She's actually kind of an anti-hero in a way that's hard to explain? Apollo is also bound to her in service as a way to earn favor with Zeus and hopefully become a god again.

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
« Reply #1032 on: May 14, 2016, 05:10:02 AM »
(click to show/hide)Well that's one good motivation to get me to read this book and the next one, I dunno how much Calypso and Leo were in this book but I'm interested in seeing how Calypso reacts to the modern world.

That'd be great, we could use more Reyna, she deserves more focus than just what we got in the last book. Plus she's a great character.

A demeter daughter is actually super cool if she can use plants to her advantage, sorta like the girl from Sky High or Poison Ivy.

Offline Blue Flame

• Pro-bending Fan
« Reply #1033 on: May 14, 2016, 12:48:59 PM »
(click to show/hide)Yeah! They weren't in it until the very end, maybe the last chapter or two. But it was worth reading the book to get to that part. Calypso doesn't like Apollo much (for reasons yet to be revealed in the book), but that will make for a more interesting dynamic when they all journey together in the next one.

And yes, I love Reyna too! She was such a great, strong character. The scenes with her and Nico were my favorite ones of Blood of Olympus.

In some ways, Meg is like that. There are a few instances where she controls plants in the book, but not quite to the same degree as Poison Ivy. Maybe she'll develop her powers more throughout the series.

Also, the main villains in this series kind of answer a few questions from the previous series -- like where Luke got funding for his evil cruise ship or where Octavian got funding for those onagers. They were questions that I had wondered about while reading the other books, but not to the point of being bothered about it. Makes you wonder how long Rick has been planning this series with Apollo... or if he just found a way to tie it all together with no forethought whatsoever. XD

CREDITS:

Forum coded by Seluna
Logo illustrations courtesy of terrik_zion and Seluna.
-----

Enjoy the site?
You can donate to help with hosting and maintenance costs!

-----

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:

The Korra Connection is an unofficial, non-profit fansite made by fans. It is in no way affiliated with Nickelodeon, Viacom, creators Bryan Konietzko and Michael Dante DiMartino or anything else related to the Avatar: The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra or related franchises. All ownership rights are respected by the staff of this site and no copyright infringement is intended.