Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter google youtube

Author Topic: BOOK 3 TO PREMIERE JUNE 27TH IN THE U.S.  (Read 3173 times)

Offline Cassidy Alice

• "Laughter's the best medicine!"
  • Task Force
  • Winner!
  • Championship Pot: 262
    • Cassidy's Fanfiction
Re: BOOK 3 TO PREMIERE JUNE 27TH IN THE U.S.
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2014, 03:35:18 AM »
I think Nick's at least released the month when the show picks up again, but this is the first time I can recall just being given the release date a week in advance. XD

Set from tumblr. © Respective owners
Fanfiction | FictionPress | Tumblr | dA

Offline Kataang4eve

• Pro-bending Fan
  • Championship Pot: 2
  • I love avatar <3
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2014, 03:49:35 AM »
OMG I can not wait!!!!!!!!! This is the longest week ever :(

Offline aanglover

• Elite Borra Metalbender
  • Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 63
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2014, 01:27:03 PM »
Nickelodeons stupid but bryke's spectacular. :)
cant wait guyzzz......4 dayysssss
click for HD

Keeps:
-Bolins look at Korra on Harmony Tower during their date
-Korras door busting abilities
-Bolin's pants-zipper scene
-the cake & rose Bolin gave Korra
-Anytime Toph calls Aang 'twinkletoes'

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 214
  • I'm Fenix and don't you forget it!!
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2014, 06:30:09 PM »
this kinda......pisses me off tbh now.

thanks nick for the NO PROMOTION for korra at all...... ugh
i think nickelodeon is purposely not giving it any media attention so they show DOES get cancelled...gosh.

..but they dont know who theyre dealing with, right friends?

I'm sorry, but that's kinda a stupid thought. Nick may not give Korra the best attention, but why the hell would they try to get it cancelled? They're the ones who allowed this spinoff to be made. If they wanted it to be cancelled they wouldn't have given Bryke the go-to to make a season 4, which Bryke are working on right now. Not only that but they also give us merchandise for the series such as artbooks, DVDs and blu-rays, soundtracks, posters, and even some plush toys. That's a heck of lot more than certain shows like Young Justice or Green Lantern on Cartoon Network ever got.

And honestly while it's terrible that Nick doesn't promote the show, it's blatantly simple why it hasn't gotten much. It should be obvious that they weren't originally planning on June, especially with the comic con ahead. They were most likely going for late July or August but because of the leaks they were forced to air it earlier. I'd like to remind you all that although Nick is incredibly stupid we don't know exactly what happened with the leak. I don't think it was Nick's fault as a whole, but someone or some people accidentally uploaded season 3 instead of season 2 with the whole splitting the 4 seasons into two seasons deal.  They probably should've promoted the show with little teasers more than they did, but it's not like they had much time or chance to promote it this time around.

Actually, it was promoted a bit. I saw the TV commercial for it and it must've been shown a few times because my sister in law and my niece saw the commercial and they are nowhere near as deep into the fandom as I am.

Extraordinarily awesome sig by Zevinja!!

Offline Cassidy Alice

• Task Force
  • Winner!
    • Cassidy's Fanfiction
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2014, 08:04:33 PM »
It's true we do have more than some shows but I think what frustrates people is Nick's handling of the whole thing. Honestly, I've seen more ads (read as: three XD) for Korra outside of Nick and it's associated channels than I see on the actual channel and considering all the promos Nick does for other shows it probably frustrates a good many (maybe even Bryke) that Korra hardly ever gets any when compared to all the other shows it airs. And Nick was largely silent in regards to the leak before slapping the fandom with a trailer and then a release date. They do control what gets on their network and when it airs and such, so technically, they didn't have to release Book 3 now. It's wonderful that they are and I'm sure a lot of people(myself included) are thrilled to be having Book 3 released sooner rather than later, but it's still disappointing to a lot of fans that there's very little advertising for Korra. Wasn't stuff from Book 2 leaked as well? The fandom waited a long time for Book 2 and Nick kept them waiting. Granted, it wasn't several episodes (...at least, I think it wasn't ^^') but my point is that Nick could have decided to release LoK at a later date that suited their convenience and allowed them to properly advertise and such. But instead, they're releasing Book 3 in a few days which seems as if it was a last minute decision to just get it aired and done with, since the leak threw a wrench in their plans. If they really wanted to, I've no doubt they could release the airdate at SDCC and make us wait while they do the advertising and such. It'd certainly attract more viewers, I think. XD

As for getting the show cancelled I don't think Nick will, but companies have cancelled shows because they've felt it wasn't doing well despite large fandoms and such; Nick did pick up LoK for another season, but I suppose if things got really bad and no one really watched the show anymore, they might drop it. Thankfully, nothing of that sort could happen with this fandom! XD

And in regards to the merchandise, Nick doesn't sell anything except the DVD/Blu-ray, the OST (which they're not even selling for Book 2, despite the Book 1 OST apparently being #1 on iTunes), and a couple of plushies. Any other merchandise is sold by Dark Horse (which is only affliated with Nick and not owned or run by them, I think) so I'm not really sure if the art book is something Nick actively sells. They probably get a portion of the sales and such since Dark Horse sells merchandise for shows affliated with Nick.

But either way, whether Nick's done enough advertising or not, Book 3 is coming out and it'll be so great to have LoK back again! :D

...wow, that was a long post! ^^'

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2014, 10:18:04 PM »
I don't even know how people say that Korra doesn't get enough promotion or advertisement if you don't even watch their channel. I know most people don't. There wasn't a lot and that's terrible but there was one I saw when I watched TMNT, so there is some. Yes I understand that they didn't have to air it this early, but they did it because of the leak, because it spread way too far on the internet. So they must have decided that if the episodes are out they might as well show the episodes to fix the mistake faster. Nick was quiet yes, but only for a few days before showing the trailer. And no, stuff from Book 2 wasn't leaked, at least not technically. We got the first episode of book 2 online because people taped it and uploaded it which Nick probably expected. And the last four episodes weren't leaked either, but Nick decided to show them on their site before the episodes premiered.

Companies have cancelled shows, but only before they're put into production. I don't think I've ever heard of a cartoon being cancelled while it's being animated and everything. And book 4 is way past production. Nick can't drop it even if they wanted to.

All I'm saying is that while it's not a ton in terms of merchandise, it's still more than some other shows get. If Dark Horse is selling Korra merchandise which is a Nickelodeon production then part of Nickelodeon would have to own at least a small share of Dark Horse. It's still their franchise so they're obviously allowing certain products to be sold and made. What I mean is that if Nick was going to cancel the show, then why would they keep allowing new products to be made?

Offline Cassidy Alice

• Task Force
  • Winner!
    • Cassidy's Fanfiction
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2014, 10:33:12 PM »
I meant before Book 2 was officially released, not the online episodes. XD But I'm probably wrong about that; I usually am, hehe. And I understand what you're saying...but I also understand why a lot of people are kind of upset. XD And I'm pretty sure Nick doesn't own DH; they probably get some part of the money because they sell a variety of things from all sorts of different shows/publishers, etc.

As far as the show being cancelled, I don't think it will mainly for the same reasons you listed, but I can see how it might seem like that. But, if they did cancel the show, I don't see why they'd stop selling new products if it made them money.

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2014, 11:05:31 PM »
Yeah, nothing from book 2 was leaked. Surprising, but it actually wasn't. I didn't say Nick owned Dark Horse, I said they probably own a small share of it. Dark Horse I'm pretty sure has to share some of their profit with Nick at least.

It's because they normally wouldn't, what would be the point? The whole reason for selling merchandise is to promote the franchise, and the franchise usually has to be still going to do that. Or at least ended completely, depending on the merchandise or how popular the show was at the end. Maybe comics if the series is cancelled, but that's if the creator of the franchise wants to invest in comics or the company that owns the franchise even allows them to do it.

But that's not even the point, Nick ordered episodes for book 4, meaning they want book 4 to air and it will. And that was ages ago. So long ago that they gave Bryke the okay to start production on book 4, it would be a waste of their money to cancel it now with how far into production the season is in now.

Offline aanglover

• Round 2!
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2014, 08:24:29 PM »
holy moley...

im just saying that its frustrating that it doesnt get the promotion it truly deserves. im glad nickelodeon made the decision to greenlight both seasons and am GRATEFUL...i just think they should idk....put Korra season 1 or 2 on regular nick sometimes....so people dont forget about it and unknowingly creating a drop in viewers(tho it may be small) without nick themselves realizing it.

and for the record i do watch nickelodeon..its actually the one channel thats constantly on when i turn the tv on and off.

I did just see the commercial and im glad theyre at least showing it...though ive been watching nickelodeon for the past hour and a half and only saw it once... its moreso the lack of frequency that peeves me and what got me all in a pee'd off mood to begin with and made me make express it through my previous comment...

so i guess im sorry my opinions dumb?
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 08:36:20 PM by aanglover »
click for HD

Keeps:

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2014, 02:37:42 AM »
Look I'm sorry I said your opinion was stupid, I just think you guys were kinda freaking out and making assumptions that's going to get a lot of other people scared when they have no reason to be. I agree that that Korra is treated terribly, I hate it because it deserves so much better, but this time was different. I've been seeing people throw accusations at Nick constantly for the leak and I just don't think it's really fair, this is the one time that it wasn't completely their fault. They didn't exactly handle it graciously, but they probably did the best they could under the circumstances.

Nickelodeon does a lot of crap and all the backlash they get is justly deserved, but getting pissed right now at them isn't doing Korra any favors and nothing probably will. Instead of wasting energy, we should just focus and trying to promote the show ourselves and hope that enough fans know about it to get good ratings.

Offline Cassidy Alice

• Task Force
  • Winner!
    • Cassidy's Fanfiction
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2014, 07:14:20 PM »
I haven't been on tumblr lately, but there were lots of posts there doing just that, so hopefully the news has spread far and wide by now! ^_^

Offline wherewulf

• Councilman wherewulf / Moderator
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 130
« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2014, 10:05:16 PM »
Doing what?  Promoting Korra, or trashing Nick?  Or both?  :D

Offline Cassidy Alice

• Task Force
  • Winner!
    • Cassidy's Fanfiction
« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2014, 10:51:07 PM »
I meant promoting Korra but I'm sure just as much trashing is also going on. XD

Offline aanglover

• Round 2!
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2014, 01:25:59 PM »
korrrrraa todayyy everybodyyyyyy!!! im sooo recording it. :)
click for HD

Keeps:

Offline Cassidy Alice

• Task Force
  • Winner!
    • Cassidy's Fanfiction
« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2014, 02:01:43 PM »
Whoohoo! o(^-^)o I've already set everything to record. Now it Book 3 just needs to air. XD

Offline Autumn

• Master Sketch Bender
  • Waterbending Healer
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 141
« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2014, 03:24:57 PM »
Happy Korra day! Less than 8 hours to go! I woke up this morning looked at the clock and it was 7. First thought "nope" second thought "12 hours till Korra!"

ATLA Keeps (click to show/hide)
-Aang’s tattoos
-Kataang’s fluffiness
-Toph’s earthbending sight

LOK Keeps (click to show/hide)
-The Kataang Family Portrait
-Tenzin’s Tattoos
-Toph’s Statue
-Korra's Appa Plushie
-Pokey the Lemur

Offline Free_Spirit

• Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 71
  • Freespirit81 on deviantART. ;)
    • Free_Spirit's Art
« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2014, 06:25:20 PM »
4 hours, 35 minutes 'til the Korra Book 3:Change premiere!!!!! :DDDD
"We're all connected. Everything is connected."
(Avatar Aang)

Offline WaterLady

• dealwithit.gif
  • Councilwoman WaterLady / Moderator
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 113
  • SEND HELP
« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2014, 06:51:47 PM »
I am recording it too since I'll be out when it airs.

Remember to use the spoiler board! I made a new spazzing thread and the episode threads will be unlocked after all three eps air. :)

the doctor is out...

Offline Free_Spirit

• Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 71
  • Freespirit81 on deviantART. ;)
    • Free_Spirit's Art
« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2014, 06:59:22 PM »
Even though I'm going to be watching it live, I also have the whole series set to record on my DVR. This way, if I do have to go out I can still enjoy it. Also, I record an entire Book and keep it until I have the DVD set on hand & have tested it to make sure my copy's not defective. ;D

"We're all connected. Everything is connected."
(Avatar Aang)

Offline aanglover

• Round 2!
« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2014, 08:03:30 PM »
yeah...theres never an episode i havent recorded and then watched over and over again religiously for both atla  and korra. and tonights no exception.....cant waittt!!!! less than 3 hours left to go you guys!!!
click for HD

Keeps:

CREDITS:

Forum coded by Seluna
Logo illustrations courtesy of terrik_zion and Seluna.
-----

Enjoy the site?
You can donate to help with hosting and maintenance costs!

-----

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:

The Korra Connection is an unofficial, non-profit fansite made by fans. It is in no way affiliated with Nickelodeon, Viacom, creators Bryan Konietzko and Michael Dante DiMartino or anything else related to the Avatar: The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra or related franchises. All ownership rights are respected by the staff of this site and no copyright infringement is intended.