Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter google youtube

Author Topic: Bryan addresses leak, hints at possible Book 3 reveal at SDCC in July  (Read 742 times)

Offline Eva

• Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 21
So... Bryan addressed the leak today on Tumblr. (x) Here's what he had to say:

(click to show/hide)Howdy, friends. As you have likely already heard, four episodes from Book 3 were leaked this past weekend. It is bad enough that it happened at all, but it would have been a little less of a disaster had it at least been the first four episodes of the season. Instead, the third through the sixth episodes popped out online, causing confusion and, at least on our end of things, frustration. As you all know, these episodes take a ton of concerted effort from scores of individuals. We craft these continuous storylines and the animation as best we can, and hope that they are presented in a way that allows everyone to enjoy them to the fullest. But when leaks happen, the work we meticulously prepared for the audience is fumbled unceremoniously.

Nickelodeon is obviously a massive corporation with outlets all over the world. These outlets get the episodes in advance so they can translate and dub them for their markets. We typically deliver the episodes to the network quite close to their U.S. premieres, but in the case of Book 3, we have actually already finished the entire season as of last week. The network has some plans in the works for it and needs to wait on its release, so we have been keeping quiet while keeping our noses to the Book 4 grindstone. Unfortunately, the longer the episodes sit on all these shelves all over the world, the probability of leaks increases.

So, yeah… It is unfortunate it played out this way. Hopefully it won’t be too much longer before Book 3 is released properly and with respect to all the people who worked hard to make it and to the audience who wants to watch it.

I'd like to emphasize one sentence: "The network has some plans in the works for it and needs to wait on its release, so we have been keeping quiet while keeping our noses to the Book 4 grindstone."

This makes me think Nick is going to wait until the SDCC in late July to reveal Book 3. (sighs) What do you guys think?
I might hate myself tomorrow, but I'm on my way tonight
At the bottom of the bottle, you're the poison in the wine
And I know, I can't change you and I won't change
I might hate myself tomorrow, but I'm on my way tonight
Let's be lonely together, a little less lonely together

Offline bearboymcg

• Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 72
Wow!O_O I can't believe that that many episodes got leaked.

Beautiful Kataang set made by my Secret Santa:D

Offline Av

• Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 152
It's kind of funny he says that, because the main reason I didn't watch them wasn't to avoid spoilers but because I couldn't watch the first two episodes and thus see the story in the correct context and order.

It probably would've been better for everybody if it were the first four that got released.
AV IS FLAWLESS
I HEAR HIS SNARK IS INSURED FOR 10000 DOLLARS
I HEAR HE MAKES AVATAR COMMERCIALS IN TIAWAN
ONE TIME HE HIT ON ME
...IT WAS AWESOME

Offline wherewulf

• Councilman wherewulf / Moderator
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 130
I think Bryan handled things as gracefully as he could.  That has to be maddening.

And I agree, getting news about the release date in late July at SDCC makes sense.

Offline Cassidy Alice

• "Laughter's the best medicine!"
  • Task Force
  • Winner!
  • Championship Pot: 262
    • Cassidy's Fanfiction
Yeah, probably. XD And regarding an SDCC reveal, I think it's possible given the panels that have happened there in the past. Still, I wish Nick would release a trailer or something. They must have something if several episodes got leaked, so I don't really understand why they hardly acknowledge the show.
<< Post Merge: June 10, 2014, 10:16:31 PM >>

I think Bryan handled things as gracefully as he could.  That has to be maddening.

And I agree, getting news about the release date in late July at SDCC makes sense.

I'm sure it must be and it's part of the reason I avoided watching the leaks. It is nice, however, to get something...although I wish it had been "official" so we could have all enjoyed it without worrying about spoilers and such. ^^'

Set from tumblr. © Respective owners
Fanfiction | FictionPress | Tumblr | dA

Offline Autumn

• Master Sketch Bender
  • Waterbending Healer
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 141
Yeah, I just read about this on Tumblr.  I'm hoping for a release date at SDCC.

ATLA Keeps (click to show/hide)
-Aang’s tattoos
-Kataang’s fluffiness
-Toph’s earthbending sight

LOK Keeps (click to show/hide)
-The Kataang Family Portrait
-Tenzin’s Tattoos
-Toph’s Statue
-Korra's Appa Plushie
-Pokey the Lemur

Offline Cassidy Alice

• "Laughter's the best medicine!"
  • Task Force
  • Winner!
  • Championship Pot: 262
    • Cassidy's Fanfiction
Out of curiosity (and because I can't remember and wasn't part of the fandom when ATLA aired), did they ever tell not give the fans a release date at the panel? ^^'

Set from tumblr. © Respective owners
Fanfiction | FictionPress | Tumblr | dA

CREDITS:

Forum coded by Seluna
Logo illustrations courtesy of terrik_zion and Seluna.
-----

Enjoy the site?
You can donate to help with hosting and maintenance costs!

-----

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:

The Korra Connection is an unofficial, non-profit fansite made by fans. It is in no way affiliated with Nickelodeon, Viacom, creators Bryan Konietzko and Michael Dante DiMartino or anything else related to the Avatar: The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra or related franchises. All ownership rights are respected by the staff of this site and no copyright infringement is intended.