Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter google youtube

Author Topic: New Pokemon games coming November 2014!  (Read 3930 times)

Offline Leafeon

• Waterbending Healer
  • Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 51
    • GoFundMe
Re: New Pokemon games coming November 2014!
« Reply #40 on: August 11, 2014, 04:04:11 AM »
Oh, yes, I just found about that recently as well - which is bad arse! I do think, however, that there won't be horde battles all over like there was double battles. Also, Feebas evolves the way it did orginally, and you get special Pikachu - female - which is the only one who can battle in those cosplay costumes. You get her by completing one of the Pokemon contests.

Speaking of contests, by reaching a certain appeal in them, Pokemon can Mega Evolve for more appeal. Also, the contests seem to have more stuff in general. I'm not liking the Heroine contest outfit. I feel like a Sylveon just threw up all over her. Why can't it be like the Hero? He's got an awesome rock star outfit.

What are your thoughts on the new megas?

Offline Schmitty

• Naive Fools Club!
  • Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 63
  • A little bit crazy, and proud of it!
« Reply #41 on: August 11, 2014, 10:07:09 AM »
Horde Trainer battles? Really?

*sigh* This is stupid and not something we need. There are enough gimmicky battle styles in Pokemon as it is, do we really need another?
Spread the Katara angle!

ATLA Keeps: The Taunting Fish (114), Katara's Blushes, Aang's Energybending, The Kataango, Sokka and Aang's Bromance
TLOK Keeps: Aang's Beard, Katara's importance of family, Kya's sass, Bumi's facial hair, Vacation Tenzin

Offline Light-Eco-Sage

• Addicted To Kataang!
  • Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 25
    • Sage's Twitter
« Reply #42 on: August 11, 2014, 04:40:22 PM »
Just think how much Exp you can get from them. Horde battles give you a lot of Exp, but everyone knows that trained Pokemon give more Exp than wild ones. Since I'm currently at the time in my X game when I'm tying to 100% the Pokedex, and that involves a lot of leveling, it makes me happy just thinking about it, and I wish I had access to it in X.

A:TLA Keeps:
Aang's Confession of Love in "The Guru"
Aang's Imaginary Wind-Sword in "Sokka's Master"
Aang's Chakras
Aang's Scars
Kataang Sexytimes
TLoK Keeps
Adult!Aang's Handsomeness
Jinora's Personality
Lin's Epic Way of Getting Dressed

Offline Leafeon

• Waterbending Healer
  • Round 2!
    • GoFundMe
« Reply #43 on: August 11, 2014, 07:47:01 PM »
I think people have been wanting to battle like this for a while. I know I have. It makes the game a bit more realistic, a bit more like the anime.

I'm excited for them, personally. Gives a tiny bit more of a challenge more experience. We might be able to do horde battles vs. each other. Now that would be a tough battle.

Offline Light-Eco-Sage

• Addicted To Kataang!
  • Round 1!
    • Sage's Twitter
« Reply #44 on: August 11, 2014, 08:05:26 PM »
I know this is getting a little bit off topic, but Trainer horde battles are kind of like in Kingdom Hearts 2, when you see the thousand Heartless outside Hollow Bastion and you're like "Pfft! I can take 'em!" because you know that games normally don't let you fight that many enemies in one go... and then they actually do let you fight every single one of the 1000 Heartless! Now in Pokemon, you go up to a group of five trainers, and you sigh in annoyance because the game is going to make you fight them one-on-one when you know that your team can take them all on at once. And then, SURPRISE, they attack you as one and you can kick the butts of five trainers at the same time.

Aang's Chakras
Aang's Scars
Kataang Sexytimes
TLoK Keeps
Jinora's Personality

Offline Leafeon

• Waterbending Healer
  • Round 2!
    • GoFundMe
« Reply #45 on: August 11, 2014, 08:11:49 PM »
Not off topic! More like a great example. C:

Offline Schmitty

• Naive Fools Club!
  • Round 2!
« Reply #46 on: August 11, 2014, 08:53:36 PM »
Horde battles only give good exp if you run into them on victory road. To be honest the only thing horde battles are really good for is quick and easy EV training. Also, the best way to get exp in X/Y is to go to restaurant Le Wow in Lumiose City, slap a Lucky Egg on your desired pokemon, use exp power 3 and do the triple battle format. Seriously, in one round the pokemon holding the lucky egg will get about 75k+ exp, if they participate in each of the battles.

Now THAT'S off topic
Spread the Katara angle!

ATLA Keeps: The Taunting Fish (114), Katara's Blushes, Aang's Energybending, The Kataango, Sokka and Aang's Bromance
TLOK Keeps: Aang's Beard, Katara's importance of family, Kya's sass, Bumi's facial hair, Vacation Tenzin

Offline Leafeon

• Waterbending Healer
  • Round 2!
    • GoFundMe
« Reply #47 on: August 12, 2014, 08:55:27 PM »
The official Korean Pokemon site leaked some new mega evolutions! They took it down quickly and the site has been offline.

MEGA SLOWBRO

Mega Slowbro is Water/Psychic and has Shell Armor. Its Defense increases greatly and its Special Attack is also raised. It is 2.0 m (6'07") tall and weighs 120.0 kg (264.6 lbs.).

MEGA AUDINO

Mega Audino is Normal/Fairy and has Healer. Its Defense and Special Defense are increased. It is 1.5 m (4'11") tall and weighs 35.0 kg (70.5 lbs.)

Don't forget to make sure you have the money power 3. O:

Hrm, I wonder if they'll have O powers in ORAS.

Offline Schmitty

• Naive Fools Club!
  • Round 2!
« Reply #48 on: August 12, 2014, 11:18:43 PM »
I don't think you have enough points to use Money and EXP power at the same time.

Also, what the hell have they done with Mega Slowbro? He looks absolutely ridiculous, and Shell Armor is a terrible ability. I'll stick to my regular Regenerator Slowbro thanks. Another thing, it's being speculated as to whether that's Mega Audino or an evolution for Audino. I can't link the picture right now, but in the screenshot Audino's name doesn't have the Mega Evolution symbol next to it.
Spread the Katara angle!

Offline Leafeon

• Waterbending Healer
  • Round 2!
    • GoFundMe
« Reply #49 on: August 13, 2014, 12:26:05 AM »

This it's from the official pokemon Korean site. Adorable is below.

Offline Old Man Sokka

• Waterbending Healer
  • Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 26
    • My tumblr
« Reply #50 on: August 13, 2014, 12:34:36 AM »
Mega Slowbro looks very uncomfortable.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Light-Eco-Sage

• Addicted To Kataang!
  • Round 1!
    • Sage's Twitter
« Reply #51 on: August 19, 2014, 05:07:33 AM »
Officially pre-ordered my copy of Alpha Sapphire this morning. XD

Aang's Chakras
Aang's Scars
Kataang Sexytimes
TLoK Keeps
Jinora's Personality

Offline Leafeon

• Waterbending Healer
  • Round 2!
    • GoFundMe
« Reply #52 on: August 20, 2014, 01:52:35 AM »
Yeah, I really hope that I can get to buy it so that I can get that shiny metagross.

Offline Light-Eco-Sage

• Addicted To Kataang!
  • Round 1!
    • Sage's Twitter
« Reply #53 on: August 20, 2014, 04:35:45 AM »
The store employee who put my pre-order into the system was obviously a Pokemon fan, or at least keeping track of the games. When I told her I wanted to get Alpha Sapphire, she immediately said "You're lucky." And I asked why. She said that everyone who put in pre-orders so far (at least in my local store) has been pre-ordering Omega Ruby. "You'll be the one everyone wants to trade with." So that will be nice if I run into anyone. I don't have any IRL friends who play Pokemon. Pretty much my whole Friend List is from this forum. So if anyone needs to trade with Alpha Sapphire, hit me up! (As long as you don't expect an IV bred Pokemon, because I don't know how to do that yet... LOL)
<< Post Merge: December 02, 2014, 08:44:17 AM >>

I completed Alpha Sapphire today. (Not counting the Delta Episode. I'll do that in the morning...) And here is my end team:

I wanted to replace the Pikachu on my team with and Gen 3 electric type because I went through X with a Pikachu. But I was having issues finding any good electric type Pokemon. So I looked up a list of Gen 3 pokemon and found out that there are only four electric Pokemon in Gen 3: Electrike, Manectric, Plusle, and Minun. So Pikachu was allowed to stay on the team.

And you really need a good counter for Water type Pokemon because, apparently, there's too much water. LOL
« Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 08:44:17 AM by Light-Eco-Sage »

Aang's Chakras
Aang's Scars
Kataang Sexytimes
TLoK Keeps
Jinora's Personality

Offline Leafeon

• Waterbending Healer
  • Round 2!
    • GoFundMe
« Reply #54 on: February 15, 2015, 07:52:28 AM »
I have a team set up for ORAS, when I can eventually get the NEW 3DS XL. Until then... ;_;

CREDITS:

Forum coded by Seluna
Logo illustrations courtesy of terrik_zion and Seluna.
-----

Enjoy the site?
You can donate to help with hosting and maintenance costs!

-----

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:

The Korra Connection is an unofficial, non-profit fansite made by fans. It is in no way affiliated with Nickelodeon, Viacom, creators Bryan Konietzko and Michael Dante DiMartino or anything else related to the Avatar: The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra or related franchises. All ownership rights are respected by the staff of this site and no copyright infringement is intended.