Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter google youtube

Author Topic: Your ultimate dream of the future  (Read 2416 times)

Offline Lionheart

• Task Force
  • Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 52
  • Taking out the dregs of humanity since 1917.
    • My FF.net
Your ultimate dream of the future
« on: April 28, 2014, 09:33:43 PM »
What would make you the most happy after you've finished education and have the means of supporting yourself? Realistic scenarios please, no pipe dreams.  I personally would like a nice apartment somewhere warm, overlooking the ocean and just living there alone with a pet and possibly with a woman, no kids, no marriage. Just away from everyone but near places where I can get the basic necessities. For a job, a work from home position that earns a steady salary and where I'd have minimal contact with people. 

What about you guys?
Set by Waterlady

Offline Light-Eco-Sage

• Addicted To Kataang!
  • Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 25
    • Sage's Twitter
Re: Your ultimate dream of the future
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2014, 02:38:45 AM »
I would be happiest living alone, in a small apartment somewhere warm. After living in California all my life, I don't want to live anywhere that sees snow. I would like to have one or two dogs for company. I don't think I need a job where I make a ton of money, I'd just like the means to live comfortably.

A:TLA Keeps:
Aang's Confession of Love in "The Guru"
Aang's Imaginary Wind-Sword in "Sokka's Master"
Aang's Chakras
Aang's Scars
Kataang Sexytimes
TLoK Keeps
Adult!Aang's Handsomeness
Jinora's Personality
Lin's Epic Way of Getting Dressed

Offline bearboymcg

• Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 72
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2014, 03:33:18 AM »
I kinda would like to manage to become an artist and possibly have a girlfriend:)

Beautiful Kataang set made by my Secret Santa:D

Offline quidditchchick

• Councilwoman quidditchchick / Moderator
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 146
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2014, 09:24:37 AM »
Married and living in a cabin with Charlie away from the city (possibly in Iceland) and with either an animation job where I can do the work at home, or have enough money for someone to drive me to work every day because yeah, I really hate driving OTL. A hairless cat named Krueger and a few adopted kids.

~Set by me~

Offline Blu

• Task Force
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 116
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2014, 09:31:29 AM »
Same Quid, I'd be pretty happy with a life where I didn't have to drive lol.

Honestly I'd just love to travel round the world for years and eventually meet someone and settle down back here maybe. Its pretty nice here, I just wanna see other places.

Offline Water Lily

• Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 137
  • ~Waterbender Lily~
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2014, 09:57:56 PM »
I would love to settle in India when I grow up. I'll be a pediatrician and look into buying a big house for me and my family. I'm not going to get married, but I would receive all the happiness in the world by the natural world around me, letting each day pass with candlelight and soft breezes.

~To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.~

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 214
  • I'm Fenix and don't you forget it!!
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2014, 12:13:19 AM »
Hopefully married, living either in Davis or Salt Lake county in Utah in a nice big house, and hopefully officially jump starting out my career as a popular and successful author. Actually I'm kinda hoping I already have a book I'm working on and in a contract with a publishing company by the time I get married.

Extraordinarily awesome sig by Zevinja!!

Offline Natti

• Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 75
    • Natti's deviantART Gallery
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2014, 01:29:28 AM »
I want to get married once I find the right guy. Preferably sooner than later; like early-to-mid-20s. But of course, the age just depends on how life rolls; I can be patient if that's how things work out. I want to have a big family, too. At least 3 kids. I imagine probably more (I kinda like the idea of 4-6 or so), but again, it depends on how life goes. I don't want to set any uber-solid ideas at the moment for fear of getting too attached to potentially-unrealistic expectations or ideals.

As far as a career goes, it would be cool to become an animator and/or character designer for movies and such (that's what I'm going to college for), but honestly, I'd prefer just staying at home and taking care of the kids. Family comes first. But I'd probably do some personal commissions in whatever spare time I may have for a bit of extra money and whatnot.

No idea where I'd want to live...I think I'd be fine with pretty much anywhere. Preferably no warmer than where I already am, though (I'm from Alabama).

Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart. <3

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2014, 01:32:55 AM »
3 kids is a big family? Do you know how many siblings I have? XDD

Out of curiosity, do you have a certain college you're considering, Natti?

Offline Natti

• Round 2!
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2014, 01:39:52 AM »
I personally don't consider three a "big" family, but most people I talk to seem to. My mom has four kids and a lot of people in public are surprised when she says yes, we're all hers. I also get that a lot in some of my old Inuyasha fanarts, before I added Yukio and Moriko to the mix: "Four kids! :O" "Wow, that's a lot of kids!" "Dang, someone got busy!" Because I hear it so often, it's the mindset I've come to assume when talking to others about it, even if I personally think otherwise. Ideal number for me would be between four and six or so, but I want at least three.

Yup, I'm going to BYU! Already been accepted and have my roommate and everything! :)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 01:42:23 AM by Natti »

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2014, 01:47:21 AM »
Oh okay, that makes more sense now. I don't understand myself why people actually think 3 or 4 is a lot, I mean I have 8 siblings and one of my best friend is has like 12, (most are adopted though I think) so 4 is literally nothing to me. I dunno how much I'd want myself, I'll decide that after I get through one. XD

Nice! My parents went to BYU. Provo is a little over an hour from where I live in Ogden Valley.

Offline Natti

• Round 2!
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2014, 02:02:50 AM »
I agree with you. XD Being Mormon, I know a lot of "larger-than-average" families, so I guess I'm just used to it. We have a number of people with anywhere between four and eight in my ward; most notable case I can think of is my friend Richard, who's the youngest of 10.

My mom went to BYU too, haha! And my dad's siblings and their families all live in the Provo/Orem area, as do his parents. My aunt has already promised to kidnap me whenever she feels like it. XD

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2014, 02:06:28 AM »
It shouldn't be all that shocking, in the past people had tons of kids, only having a couple was probably considered weird. XD

Yeah, I have some extended family that lives in Orem I think. Their house looks like one you'd see in Europe or something.

Offline Natti

• Round 2!
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2014, 02:33:36 AM »
I agree, it shouldn't be shocking--but it is. And I think a good deal of that has to do with modern culture. Today's society is completely and utterly tearing apart the idea of the traditional family. Kids and babies are viewed as annoying, disgusting, bratty burdens, even frikkin disposable, something to be avoided. I even ran into someone online the other day claiming that having a baby is a "destruction of a woman's future" and a "barrier to her ability to gain knowledge, enlightenment, and an education" or even to "feeling curiosity". Heck, had I taken what I wrote in my first post her and stuck it on Tumblr, I would probably be attacked by so-called "feminists" because I dared prefer the idea being a stay-at-home mom to seeking a full-time career. Fewer and fewer people are getting married, preferring to just act the role (i.e. living together and the like) without actually making that commitment. They think it's restrictive or pointless, something bound to end. Ugh.

And that's why people who never divorce, remain strictly faithful to their spouse (spouse, not bf/gf) and who have more than one or two kids, if any at all, seem so "shocking" to today's popular culture.

Sad world we live in.

[/pessimistic vent-y-thing]

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2014, 02:40:19 AM »
Well it's not like I'm against people having only a few kids, I'm absolutely terrified myself of how painful delivering a baby sounds. But I just think it's a tad ridiculous how surprised people are when I tell them how many siblings I have, like it's completely unheard of or something.

Anyways, we're getting way off topic. Sorry about that.

Offline Natti

• Round 2!
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2014, 02:42:51 AM »
Neither am I; I just think it's sad the way the idea of having more than a few is viewed these days.

Yes, yes we are. XD Back to the topic!

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2014, 02:50:14 AM »
My dream almost sounds normal except for the part that I severely understated my wish to be an author. I don't want to be just popular, I want to be absolutely and utterly big time famous. Like JK Rowling famous, (only I won't take back canon things I've written) and I have every confidence that I'll make that someday.

Offline Lionheart

• Task Force
  • Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 52
  • Taking out the dregs of humanity since 1917.
    • My FF.net
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2014, 02:53:26 AM »
Realistic scenarios please, no pipe dreams.

Would be nice if it happens but let's keep it to something you know could happen without a doubt.
<< Post Merge: April 30, 2014, 02:58:01 AM >>

Sorry if I sound like a buzzkill here, I'd like to be a famous author too but I'm not banking on the idea that I'll even get my stuff published, let alone make it big.
Set by Waterlady

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2014, 03:19:19 AM »
Look I can understand you feeling like it's not realistic and nothing more than just a pipe dream, but it's incredibly real to me. I can't explain it well but it's a feeling I could never put to rest no matter how much denied it. And now I know why. As I've aged I've studied everything involved in storytelling, I know the ins and outs, I know what should be in a story that people will like and what shouldn't. I've perfected that art. It will come into fruition whether people right now believe that or not.

Offline bombalurima

• Lightningbender
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 117
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2014, 03:50:25 AM »
I just want to own a lot of cats and live by myself (optional, but ain't no way I'm getting married, but I wouldn't say no to sharing a house with someone) somewhere with a hecka cute garden. Maybe England, if I like it there enough. Ideally, I'd be working in publishing or editing.

But I need a cute garden.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 03:52:52 AM by bombalurima »
"...and everybody saved everybody else at some point."

~beatles icons by astrobeatles at LJ

CREDITS:

Forum coded by Seluna
Logo illustrations courtesy of terrik_zion and Seluna.
-----

Enjoy the site?
You can donate to help with hosting and maintenance costs!

-----

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:

The Korra Connection is an unofficial, non-profit fansite made by fans. It is in no way affiliated with Nickelodeon, Viacom, creators Bryan Konietzko and Michael Dante DiMartino or anything else related to the Avatar: The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra or related franchises. All ownership rights are respected by the staff of this site and no copyright infringement is intended.