Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter google youtube

Author Topic: Your ultimate dream of the future  (Read 2296 times)

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 214
  • I'm Fenix and don't you forget it!!
Re: Your ultimate dream of the future
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2014, 03:52:29 AM »
So you're going to be a cat lady, Bomba? XDD

Extraordinarily awesome sig by Zevinja!!

Offline bombalurima

• Lightningbender
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 117
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2014, 04:03:21 AM »
^ Oh, it's not even a question...I will be one of those crazy cat ladies XD
"...and everybody saved everybody else at some point."

~beatles icons by astrobeatles at LJ

Offline Cassidy Alice

• "Laughter's the best medicine!"
  • Task Force
  • Winner!
  • Championship Pot: 262
    • Cassidy's Fanfiction
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2014, 04:06:19 AM »
Living somewhere nice and quite with a steady job and hopefully making a difference in conservation efforts. ^^'

And also have pets! I was never able to have any growing up, so I'll probably be a cat lady too. XD

Set from tumblr. ę Respective owners
Fanfiction | FictionPress | Tumblr | dA

Offline KE

• Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 11
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2014, 04:11:19 AM »
Ultimate dream? I have no real detailed specifics. Mainly I want to have a job that pays well enough for me to live on my own. I'd like to live somewhere that is more of a small-town nature-y type area, but still close to the big city. And pets.

Sig by Val!

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 214
  • I'm Fenix and don't you forget it!!
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2014, 04:22:52 AM »
^ Oh, it's not even a question...I will be one of those crazy cat ladies XD

Awesome! I've always wanted to know an actual cat lady in real life. XDD

You should go even a step further and spam facebook with random crap about your many future cats. 8DD

Extraordinarily awesome sig by Zevinja!!

Offline Blu

• Task Force
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 116
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2014, 09:51:44 AM »
Realistic scenarios please, no pipe dreams.

Would be nice if it happens but let's keep it to something you know could happen without a doubt.
<< Post Merge: April 30, 2014, 02:58:01 AM >>

Sorry if I sound like a buzzkill here, I'd like to be a famous author too but I'm not banking on the idea that I'll even get my stuff published, let alone make it big.

You sound like a buzzkill

Offline A6

• Airbending Guru
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 230
  • avvie by Water Lily
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2014, 05:13:11 PM »
Ultimately I would like to have a nice retirement cabin in the mountains near to children and grand children.

But I would actually like to go back in time when my wife and I were in our 40s, had far more energy, looked better and we were surrounded by our young children doing things together all the time, we were a lot happier then.
signatures - gift from my talented friends Water Lily and Honey Badger :3

Offline quidditchchick

• Councilwoman quidditchchick / Moderator
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 146
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2014, 12:28:55 AM »
Realistic scenarios please, no pipe dreams.

Would be nice if it happens but let's keep it to something you know could happen without a doubt.
<< Post Merge: April 30, 2014, 02:58:01 AM >>

Sorry if I sound like a buzzkill here, I'd like to be a famous author too but I'm not banking on the idea that I'll even get my stuff published, let alone make it big.

You sound like a buzzkill
Yeah, Lion. That wasn't very nice. You make a thread asking what everyone's dreams are, and yes to keep them realistic, but I was assuming an unrealistic dream would be for someone to want to ride on the back of a talking lion before going into battle or something of the like.

Fe's dream is a difficult one, but far from unrealistic. She feels strongly about persuing this dream, so no need to be that buzzkill and tell her it's too unrealistic because you can never see your own stuff being published. And not everyone thinks their dreams are gonna happen without a doubt. I'm sure JK Rowling had doubts about her books being published as well, but did that stop her? Obviously not.

I'm going to college for animation and there is always work in this field, but the competition makes it harder to get a job because there will always be someone better than you. But that doesn't stop me from trying.

~Set by me~

Offline Bjolfr

• Trainer Alpha / Task Force
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 125
  • Formerly Alpha
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2014, 12:57:50 AM »
I just want to be a ballerina.

Offline Av

• Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 152
« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2014, 01:12:46 AM »
I'm sure JK Rowling had doubts about her books being published as well, but did that stop her? Obviously not.
The number of publishers who turned down Harry Potter is staggering. But that was her baby and she worked through the most difficult time in her life on it, and eventually one of the publishers actually allowed their child to read the book and, surprise surprise, they loved it.

No dream is actually realistic. Do you think the people who ended up becoming multimillionaires on their own merits figured they should settle? They pushed like crazy people, because they kind of are crazy people, but it worked for them. Either because they were self-sacrificing enough to keep pushing, or they had nothing left to lose if they failed (like JK Rowling).

My view is, it's better to be slightly over-confident than to half-ass it, because at least with the former you're actually working toward your goal as opposed to sitting still doing nothing. The people who are supposedly deluded into thinking they can accomplish something crazy are often times the only ones who even try, and thus the only ones who actually do.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 01:16:54 AM by Av »
AV IS FLAWLESS
I HEAR HIS SNARK IS INSURED FOR 10000 DOLLARS
I HEAR HE MAKES AVATAR COMMERCIALS IN TIAWAN
ONE TIME HE HIT ON ME
...IT WAS AWESOME

Offline quidditchchick

• Councilwoman quidditchchick / Moderator
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 146
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2014, 02:34:31 AM »
I'm sure JK Rowling had doubts about her books being published as well, but did that stop her? Obviously not.
The number of publishers who turned down Harry Potter is staggering. But that was her baby and she worked through the most difficult time in her life on it, and eventually one of the publishers actually allowed their child to read the book and, surprise surprise, they loved it.

No dream is actually realistic. Do you think the people who ended up becoming multimillionaires on their own merits figured they should settle? They pushed like crazy people, because they kind of are crazy people, but it worked for them. Either because they were self-sacrificing enough to keep pushing, or they had nothing left to lose if they failed (like JK Rowling).

My view is, it's better to be slightly over-confident than to half-ass it, because at least with the former you're actually working toward your goal as opposed to sitting still doing nothing. The people who are supposedly deluded into thinking they can accomplish something crazy are often times the only ones who even try, and thus the only ones who actually do.
Exactly. We wouldn't have Harry Potter if Jo decided to give up once her first choice said they wouldn't publish her. If you have the mentality that you will never accomplish your dream, then you probably won't because you didn't try.

You could probably get your stuff out there if you really wanted to, Lion. There's so many different ways now days. You can self publish it on the internet, there are kick-starters and small publishing establishments; so many options. I mean, if crap like 50 Shades of Grey can get published, think of the possibilities. XD

~Set by me~

Offline Av

• Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 152
« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2014, 02:48:33 AM »
50 Shades is simultaneously the most depressing and inspiring thing ever.
AV IS FLAWLESS
I HEAR HIS SNARK IS INSURED FOR 10000 DOLLARS
I HEAR HE MAKES AVATAR COMMERCIALS IN TIAWAN
ONE TIME HE HIT ON ME
...IT WAS AWESOME

Offline Lionheart

• Task Force
  • Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 52
  • Taking out the dregs of humanity since 1917.
    • My FF.net
« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2014, 03:36:58 AM »
Well, early last month I visited my best friend (to finally see my godson) and I told him and and his wife what my brother and I are writing. I said something like, "It could be a success or it can be a major flop like Twilight." His wife gave me this look that could only be described by the old cliche, if looks can kill and said, "First, don't even mention that crap near my son, second, have more self-respect than that." He found the right woman, my friend. XD Getting off topic here. If Fenix does publish her books, I sure as hell am gonna read them.
Set by Waterlady

Offline Die.Toets

• Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 13
« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2015, 06:41:37 PM »
Supposedly in the future. I get rid of almost everything my parents owned and have an estate sale when they're gone. Be independent. Keep writing stories. Live happily with a girlfriend or just a friend that help me get through life besides a caregiver.

CREDITS:

Forum coded by Seluna
Logo illustrations courtesy of terrik_zion and Seluna.
-----

Enjoy the site?
You can donate to help with hosting and maintenance costs!

-----

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:

The Korra Connection is an unofficial, non-profit fansite made by fans. It is in no way affiliated with Nickelodeon, Viacom, creators Bryan Konietzko and Michael Dante DiMartino or anything else related to the Avatar: The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra or related franchises. All ownership rights are respected by the staff of this site and no copyright infringement is intended.