Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter google youtube

Author Topic: 107-The Aftermath  (Read 2761 times)

Offline divsalley

• Fire Sage Divs
  • Councilwoman Divs / Global Moderator
  • Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 85
  • Haters gonna Hate. :P
    • My Tumblr
Re: 107-The Aftermath
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2012, 02:17:44 AM »
XD yes! I loved him in this episode. :)

My Keeps (click to show/hide)
LoK Keeps (click to show/hide)Korra and Naga's Friendship
Korra's Sass
Mako's Seriousness
Mako's Scarf
The Finale Makorra Hug and Twirl

ATLA Keeps (click to show/hide)Zuko's Destiny
Zuko's Finale Speech
Zuko's Honor
Zuko's Inner Fire
Zuko's Speech to Ozai in DoBS

Online Lionheart

• Task Force
  • Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 52
  • Taking out the dregs of humanity since 1917.
    • My FF.net
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2013, 02:42:19 PM »
This episode really got me to respect and love the character of Asami. Before this one, I just saw her as a pretty face and simply a nice woman but since this one I loved her.
Set by Waterlady

Offline Waterbender16

• Pro-bending Fan
  • Championship Pot: 5
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2015, 06:42:30 PM »
Cool episode. Hiroshi is really good at hiding things...  I can't believe he could do that to Asami... I'm just glad she never took his side.

Offline wherewulf

• Councilman wherewulf / Moderator
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 130
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2017, 01:54:00 AM »
I wondered a little why Hiroshi didn't bring Asami "into the business" of the Equalists.  That he didn't was a real surprise.  As what happened later. XD

Nice touch having Tarrlok open the episode.

Re the raid on Cabbage Corp: I wonder what the legal process is for getting a warrant?

Now you knew that the instant Cabbage Corp was in the series, “No!  Not my Cabbage Corp!” was going to be the logical outcome.  You knew it.  XD

Asami: “It’s easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.”  Oh, boy.  :D  And yet… It Does say a bit about Asami, too.

The Sato butler deserves a raise.  XD

“Why are they asking Hiroshi more questions?”  Uh… that’s Mister Sato to you, Mako.  Wow.

Granted this is “just a cartoon”, but using the police airships to deploy the Metalbenders has to be expensive.  They do own trucks, and they did use them, so why…?

“If you want to know the truth, meet me under the Silk Road Bridge at midnight.”  I’d love to know what the Silk Road is in the Avatar’s world.

The raid on Sato’s mansion: again, warrant?  Or is that just in our world?

Once again, love how Lin can-openered her foot armor to engage her Tophvision.  XD

Bolin’s Captain Obvious comment: “Do you think your dad know about the tunnel?”  Sigh.

Really.  How easily Mako and Bolin took down that Metalbender so they could follow Korra, et al.?  Clear proof of institutional rigidity.  XD

I headpalmed at “That source was a setup!  You lured us down here!”  It’s almost like Fred, Daphne, Velma, Shaggy, and Scooby were there to pull the rubber mask off Amon.  Subtlety was not present, and I was really surprised.  And disappointed.

“And the hardest part was watching my daughter traipse around with a Firebending street rat like you!” says Hiroshi.  Aladdin would approve.

Asami turning on her dad: you know, we really could easily rename the series “The Legend of Asami” without too much trouble.  She is just something else.

I also headpalmed and sighed at Hiroshi’s “Gather up the benders and take them to Amon!” and Lin’s “I’m going to do this my way—outside the law!!!”  Those two things were so unsubtle.  Overdramatic much?I realize that this is “just a kid’s show”, supposedly, and that’s what Nick thought their target audience was, but for Mike & Bryan to create such a complex, well-detailed world between ATLA and Korra and to have their characters deliver such ham-filled statements like that… it was really a disappointment.

(For that matter, the DVD commentaries were really disappointing too.  Could you guys please talk about the show and what decisions went into making it?  With all due respect, your job histories are nice, but I don’t need an on-DVD résumé, thank you.)

One thing that did give me hope about Korra was when she recognized and told Mako that “she [Asami] needs you now.”  For her to be able to set herself aside and allow Mako to comfort her rival… Korra wasn’t all about fighting and advantage and so on.  Briefly.

CREDITS:

Forum coded by Seluna
Logo illustrations courtesy of terrik_zion and Seluna.
-----

Enjoy the site?
You can donate to help with hosting and maintenance costs!

-----

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:

The Korra Connection is an unofficial, non-profit fansite made by fans. It is in no way affiliated with Nickelodeon, Viacom, creators Bryan Konietzko and Michael Dante DiMartino or anything else related to the Avatar: The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra or related franchises. All ownership rights are respected by the staff of this site and no copyright infringement is intended.