Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter google youtube

Author Topic: Florence + the Machine  (Read 3177 times)

Offline Nightcrawler

• Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 52
  • sig via tumblr, icon by delanynder
Florence + the Machine
« on: December 02, 2012, 01:19:07 AM »
I've become obsessed with them lately.

My favorite song by them is Seven Devils on their Ceremonials album.

Everyone's story begins once upon a time...and it's up to us to cherish the time we're given to ensure we live happily ever after.

Offline Sachianna

• Task Force
  • Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 22
  • Korra. Dat Face Tho.
Re: Florence + the Machine
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2012, 01:22:15 AM »
LOVE THEM.

Seven devils is quite haunting.

My favs are spectrum and what the water gave me <3

You can't spell FIERCE without FIRE.
               OH MY GOD IT'S KATAANGLED.

Offline Bjolfr

• Trainer Alpha / Task Force
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 125
  • Formerly Alpha
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2012, 01:34:01 AM »
My boy builds coffins! My boy builds coffins!

Offline BleuMakorra

• Professional stalker
  • Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 30
  • Now I cant even imagine my life without you in it.
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2012, 01:53:13 AM »
Spectrum and SevenDevils. Amazing.

~Makorra~

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 214
  • I'm Fenix and don't you forget it!!
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2012, 02:05:14 AM »
I've been pretty obsessed with it as well. Strangeness and Charm is like my current favorite.

Extraordinarily awesome sig by Zevinja!!

Offline Secrets

• feathered and lethal
  • Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 73
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2012, 04:41:22 AM »
I've become obsessed with them lately.

My favorite song by them is Seven Devils on their Ceremonials album.

I also love Breath of Life, The Dog Days are Over, Cosmic Love, and Bedroom Hymns.

Offline Scooter

• Metalbender
  • Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 21
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2012, 04:56:06 AM »
*joins the obsession train*

Cosmic love is on right now xD

Offline Nightcrawler

• Round 2!
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2012, 05:05:44 AM »
Breath of Life and Dog Days Are Over are my second favs. <3

*highfives back*

Yes, more on the obsession train! xD

Everyone's story begins once upon a time...and it's up to us to cherish the time we're given to ensure we live happily ever after.

Offline Crystle

• Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 46
    • DA
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2012, 07:07:23 PM »
Mmm. The Lungs album is probably as a whole my favorite, because I only don't like two songs (Girl with One Eye and Kiss With a Fist do little for me).

But Ceremonials? It had those songs that I keep going back to. I can't get over No Light, No Light or Shake It Out or Heartlines. <3333

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2012, 11:17:12 PM »
Let's just face it. Almost all the band's songs are freaking amazing!

Offline TemporalShenanigans

• Queen of Gibberish
  • Airbending Guru
  • Pro-bending Fan
  • Championship Pot: 7
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2012, 12:44:12 AM »
I don't like them much to be honest...  xD

But I think I remember liking one of their songs, can't remember which, maybe I'll look that up...

Offline Blu

• Task Force
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 116
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2012, 02:10:33 AM »
I don't like them much to be honest...  xD

Neither really. They're not bad, in fact they're not bad at all. I just like my pop music with more hooks and sometimes it just kinda seems like the sort of tunes you'd hear from any current top 40 artists but with a more uhh...classy presentation.

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2012, 02:27:28 AM »
To be fair the band isn't really just pop. It's pop and rock, and neo soul (whatever that is). Mostly though it's considered Indie Rock. Personally I don't think it feels like Pop's top 40 artists at all, which is mainly about dancing and romance. There's so much more to the band. I don't know, to me almost mystical and honest to the songs. Sure there's romance in them but there's also stuff about death, pain, heaven, hell, etc. I don't know, can't explain it well. All I know is that if this were anything like Top 40's pop music, then I'd probably hate it.

Offline Secrets

• feathered and lethal
  • Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 73
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2012, 02:44:17 AM »
To be fair the band isn't really just pop. It's pop and rock, and neo soul (whatever that is). Mostly though it's considered Indie Rock. Personally I don't think it feels like Pop's top 40 artists at all, which is mainly about dancing and romance. There's so much more to the band. I don't know, to me almost mystical and honest to the songs. Sure there's romance in them but there's also stuff about death, pain, heaven, hell, etc. I don't know, can't explain it well. All I know is that if this were anything like Top 40's pop music, then I'd probably hate it.

This!

Florence + The Machine is not really pop. It's something of its own. It's something that when you listen to a song by this band, you know its their song, because their style is just so distinct. Too many times so many other bands I've heard sound too similar, but Florence songs are just so distinguished from those of others. It's something inexplicable. The style is just so them, so different.

Offline TemporalShenanigans

• Queen of Gibberish
  • Airbending Guru
  • Pro-bending Fan
  • Championship Pot: 7
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2012, 02:48:19 AM »
Let it be known that I don't like most top 40 stuff either. Florence + the Machine is kind of...boring to me? They're not bad, just... not my thing I guess. I like a LOT of indie rock but not this particular band.

Offline Blu

• Task Force
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 116
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2012, 02:50:33 AM »
It's something that when you listen to a song by this band, you know its their song, because their style is just so distinct. Too many times so many other bands I've heard sound too similar, but Florence songs are just so distinguished from those of others. It's something inexplicable. The style is just so them, so different.

To be fair, I do agree with this. I always know its them when I hear them.

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2012, 02:58:36 AM »
Let it be known that I don't like most top 40 stuff either. Florence + the Machine is kind of...boring to me? They're not bad, just... not my thing I guess. I like a LOT of indie rock but not this particular band.

That's totally okay. To each their own. Everyone likes different stuff, and it makes things more interesting.

I just gotta say though, when it comes to most pop I find it simple. It's too easy to understand what the song is about so I get bored of it. When it comes to this band I find it more complex, I have to really listen and figure out the meaning. I guess I like a song with more challenge. XD Seems more meaningful.

Offline Nightcrawler

• Round 2!
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2012, 04:05:37 AM »

This!

Florence + The Machine is not really pop. It's something of its own. It's something that when you listen to a song by this band, you know its their song, because their style is just so distinct. Too many times so many other bands I've heard sound too similar, but Florence songs are just so distinguished from those of others. It's something inexplicable. The style is just so them, so different.
I couldn't of said it better myself you guys. <3

That's totally okay. To each their own. Everyone likes different stuff, and it makes things more interesting.

I just gotta say though, when it comes to most pop I find it simple. It's too easy to understand what the song is about so I get bored of it. When it comes to this band I find it more complex, I have to really listen and figure out the meaning. I guess I like a song with more challenge. XD Seems more meaningful.
Same here!

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2012, 04:21:49 AM »
-highfives Night-

Offline Nightcrawler

• Round 2!
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2012, 04:44:14 AM »
-highfives back-

CREDITS:

Forum coded by Seluna
Logo illustrations courtesy of terrik_zion and Seluna.
-----

Enjoy the site?
You can donate to help with hosting and maintenance costs!

-----

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:

The Korra Connection is an unofficial, non-profit fansite made by fans. It is in no way affiliated with Nickelodeon, Viacom, creators Bryan Konietzko and Michael Dante DiMartino or anything else related to the Avatar: The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra or related franchises. All ownership rights are respected by the staff of this site and no copyright infringement is intended.