Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter google youtube

Author Topic: Frozen  (Read 11659 times)

Offline WaterLady

• dealwithit.gif
  • Councilwoman WaterLady / Moderator
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 113
  • SEND HELP
Frozen
« on: December 04, 2013, 05:41:29 PM »
THERE'S NO THREAD FOR THIS??

BLASPHEMY.

Anyway I finally saw this last night and it was wonderful!!

Discuss the movie! :D

the doctor is out...

Offline Cassidy Alice

• "Laughter's the best medicine!"
  • Task Force
  • Winner!
  • Championship Pot: 262
    • Cassidy's Fanfiction
Re: Frozen
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2013, 07:33:41 PM »
I haven't seen it yet, but as soon as my semester is over and my exams are done, I'm going to watch this! XD I've heard nothing but good things about it!

Set from tumblr. © Respective owners
Fanfiction | FictionPress | Tumblr | dA

Offline wherewulf

• Councilman wherewulf / Moderator
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 130
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2013, 07:47:58 PM »
Zephyr and I saw it on Sunday, and it surprised me.  The trailers I had seen for it really don't do it justice; I had expected a movie full of yuks and gags, not the deeper movie it turned into.

I admit I haven't read Hans Christian Andersen's "The Snow Queen" (and maybe I should now), but the trailers I'd seen led me to expect evil-snow-queen-threatens-the-world/snow-queen's-sister-goes-out-to stop-her/buffoonish-reindeer-guy-somehow-involved/equally-buffoonish-reindeer-scrapes-butt-on-the-ice-for-some reason.  I had not expected to see a tale about two orphaned royal sisters, one with a secret that her king-and-queen parents told her to keep from her younger sister.  I'd also expected the snowman to play an oafish role, but I didn't expect him to do anything deeper than that--or for him to be a callback to the sisters' earlier relationship.

There was one twist I should have expected, and one which I completely didn't, and both I won't get into.  XD  I don't want to spoil things.

Animation was top notch and then some, and I really enjoyed the story once it got going.  I'm looking forward to getting the DVD for this.

Offline quidditchchick

• Councilwoman quidditchchick / Moderator
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 146
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2013, 01:55:07 AM »
I have very ow expectations for this movies, but a lot of my friends that saw it said it was a lot better than they expected. Some even said it was better than Tangled. So, we'll see. x3

~Set by me~

Offline Av

• Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 152
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2013, 02:54:03 AM »
Advertisement for Tangled was lacking in finesse as well, so I don't doubt it for a moment.
AV IS FLAWLESS
I HEAR HIS SNARK IS INSURED FOR 10000 DOLLARS
I HEAR HE MAKES AVATAR COMMERCIALS IN TIAWAN
ONE TIME HE HIT ON ME
...IT WAS AWESOME

Offline WaterLady

• dealwithit.gif
  • Councilwoman WaterLady / Moderator
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 113
  • SEND HELP
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2013, 03:28:26 AM »
Zephyr and I saw it on Sunday, and it surprised me.  The trailers I had seen for it really don't do it justice; I had expected a movie full of yuks and gags, not the deeper movie it turned into.
the trailers are incredibly misleading
there's so much more to it than what they show and it's really amazing <3

the doctor is out...

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 214
  • I'm Fenix and don't you forget it!!
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2013, 03:32:08 AM »
I've known about its hidden potential for months from the IMDB fans, so I have high expectations for it. I haven't seen it yet though. Course I figured the movie would be better than what the trailers gave us because of Tangled's trailers.

Extraordinarily awesome sig by Zevinja!!

Offline quidditchchick

• Knockout!
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2013, 05:00:27 AM »
I heard Olaf wasn't as annoying and pointless as they made him look in the trailers as well. xD
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 05:04:38 AM by quidditchchick »

~Set by me~

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 214
  • I'm Fenix and don't you forget it!!
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2013, 06:06:43 AM »
I heard that too. I also heard he isn't in the movie all that much to begin with.

Extraordinarily awesome sig by Zevinja!!

Offline Crystle

• Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 46
    • DA
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2013, 04:58:55 PM »
Personally.... I disliked it.

I'm not saying it was bad, necessarily, but it wasn't really my cup of tea.

I found almost all of the music to be excessive, except maybe a few songs, such as "Do You Want To Build A Snowman" and "Let It Go". Every other one felt forced or too silly.

The movie trailed a bit... like a lot. While the main focus was on the sisters, and I appreciate that, any "side plot" factor felt forced to me. And the only time I felt impressed by the animation is when Elsa was using her Ice Magic.

It was cute, but I don't believe it was groundbreaking.

Offline wherewulf

• Councilman wherewulf / Moderator
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 130
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2013, 06:54:37 PM »
I found almost all of the music to be excessive, except maybe a few songs, such as "Do You Want To Build A Snowman" and "Let It Go". Every other one felt forced or too silly.

I was thinking that at the beginning, too.  It seemed like they were singing every other sentence at the beginning, and I was thinking, "Okay, it's a musical, I get it, thank you..."  I also didn't really come away with any song from the movie that I was humming at the end.  Even "Let It Go" didn't seem like the right signature song for the movie for me.

The movie started getting good for me when the royal parents went away on their "two week trip"--as macabre as that sounds.  XDX  That's when the needed note of conflict came in for me.

I heard Olaf wasn't as annoying and pointless as they made him look in the trailers as well. xD

Yes. :D  He isn't, and wasn't.

Offline Banjolover9

• Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 12
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2013, 04:42:31 AM »
I, for one, think the music is incredible. I love the yoik used in the opening scene followed by Frozen Heart. Spectacular, I also love Let It Go a lot more than I thought I would originally. And, just for the record, how about that "True love breaks the spell" thing. Did not see that coming and that's what makes this film work!

"True immortality isn't about living forever, its about what you do with the time you have."

"If you forget where you are from, you will never know where you are going."

Offline Kasi McCarty

• Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 13
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2013, 03:53:09 AM »
I sincerely loved this movie for many reasons. The ice magic was beautiful, and I loved the Let it Go scene. I had already heard it preformed by Demi Lovato on Disney Channel and hadn't been entertained but the movie version was so much better.

I loved Olaf and the trolls. That plus Anna and Kristof's awkwardness (both separately and tougher) sold me on the cute movie.

I also quite enjoyed the big twist (we all know what I mean) that happened. That really made me sit up in my seat and want to pay attention more (Though when I do see the movie again I will have to reconsider my position on a few things XP)

I think maybe the thing I was disappointed in most was….

Just in case but read this for my disappointment… (click to show/hide)Was that the amazing confidence we seen in Elsa during the Let it Go scene was never continued after that. We see her kind of do it with Anna but she's back to the same person she was before she left the kingdom. I just wish we could've seen the version of Elsa who was basically saying, "Screw what you think", during the entire song of Let it go more after that…

And yes, a lot of the trailers were misleading, but again that comes from the original Ice Queen story. A lot of the posters and such were misleading as well, as they show Elsa using her powers to fight a lot more than she actually did (again something I wish there was more of).

Offline quidditchchick

• Knockout!
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2013, 01:33:13 AM »
I was gonna see this on friday but I pulled an all-nighter to finish my final animation and was too tired to go xD;

~Set by me~

Offline Tiger

• Chi Blocker
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 110
  • I'm the Wan and the only
    • My DA
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2013, 03:00:51 PM »
 I personally think this is a very beautifully done animation movie overall. The plot is unpredictable (to me). And the twist at the end caught me off guard. Mine you, I have never read The Snow Queen. So I have nothing in my head to compare. And I know there are very strong critics from both the positive side and negative side, but I haven’t read any of that to keep my head empty.

Here is what I see ( no spoiler)

Good : beautiful environment, snow, color, screenplay, music, plot twist

Bad :

Elsa’s hair went through her shoulder when she sang “Let It Go” I wasn’t even trying to catch faulty animation, but it was so obvious I can’t miss it.

Elsa and Anna’s faces are too similar to each other. Almost like they were made from the same mold. (which is probably true)

What would Elsa eat out there in the mountain? How does she expect to survive there?

Another good thing,
The Disney translation team did not disappoint me. They are great translators. (I watched the soundtrack with subtitles, and the song lyrics in the subtitle RHYME, SYLLABLE NUMBER MATCH, AND ALL MEANING ARE INTACT. I can sing along with the character but in Thai instead of in English with that subtitle alone.) I will probably check out the Thai dub as well, since the Disney thai dubber team does wonderful job all the time.

older sigs (click to show/hide)

Offline quidditchchick

• Knockout!
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2013, 03:25:06 PM »
I don't know how people think that animation mistake was so obvious. I had to sit there and look at the gif comparions for a good 5-10 minutes before I realized what was going on. I mean I could tell something was a little off, but not exactly what. I probably wouldn't have noticed in theatres at all. And I'm an animation student so I notice these things. And all my animation friends too, they didn't notice it at first either. It also annoys me that people make such a big deal out of it as though animation errors don't or shouldn't exist, it happens all the time and I'm sure if you go look at every animated disney feature there's goindg to be at least one error in every film. XD

I do agree about Elsa and Anna's faces looking too similar though. I mean I know they're sisters, but come on. I didn't see the trailer for a while after it came out and I thouht they were the same person. That's just lazy character design.

~Set by me~

Offline Kasi McCarty

• Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 13
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2013, 07:34:59 PM »
The first couple of times I saw the trailer of Anna with white hair, I have to admit I thought it was Elsa (Since I didn't understand what was happening right there of course). Their faces are pretty similar, though Elsa's is a bit longer and Anna's a bit rounder (though that could be their ages). I've watched Let it Go a million times and to be honest I hadn't seen the flaw until it was pointed out to me (though it usually takes me a while anyways).

Still, flaws like that happen. It can't be absolutely perfect, especially when you are working on a project for so long. Your mind tells you you see something so you see it. *Shrugs* It happens. I've seen flaws like that in large, very popular books (Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince is one off the top of my head) which have probably been edited a million times. Meh Its not as big a deal to me, though it does make me laugh.

Offline Tiger

• Chi Blocker
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 110
  • I'm the Wan and the only
    • My DA
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2013, 01:26:18 PM »
Indeed, the mistake maกe me laugh more than it bothered me. But yeah, that's the only one I can point out after one watch. All the other ones that those people pointed out I did not see.

Also, I spotted Rapunzel and Eugene in the crowd! :D

older sigs (click to show/hide)

Offline Cassidy Alice

• "Laughter's the best medicine!"
  • Task Force
  • Winner!
  • Championship Pot: 262
    • Cassidy's Fanfiction
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2013, 02:53:38 PM »
Yes! I saw a picture of that! :D

I'm seeing the movie tomorrow! So excited!
<< Post Merge: December 22, 2013, 09:49:04 PM >>

Finally got around to seeing Frozen today and I thoroughly enjoyed it! :D
« Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 09:49:04 PM by Cassidy Alice »

Set from tumblr. © Respective owners
Fanfiction | FictionPress | Tumblr | dA

Offline Chaos

• cha0tic entity
  • Chi Blocker
  • Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 27
  • expect n0thing and everything.
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2013, 06:13:28 PM »
i liked the reindeer. the princey guy annoyed me from the first. totally relate to the moose-guy, so i like him.
really liked that little twist kinda thing at the end.

and it's funny how you can blame the ppl who raised moose-guy and his reindeer for all the problems. i mean, thinking about it, they put the fear of her ability into her..........

cha02 has n0 name, n0 place, n0 gender......cha02 is n0thing and everything - unpredictable

CREDITS:

Forum coded by Seluna
Logo illustrations courtesy of terrik_zion and Seluna.
-----

Enjoy the site?
You can donate to help with hosting and maintenance costs!

-----

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:

The Korra Connection is an unofficial, non-profit fansite made by fans. It is in no way affiliated with Nickelodeon, Viacom, creators Bryan Konietzko and Michael Dante DiMartino or anything else related to the Avatar: The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra or related franchises. All ownership rights are respected by the staff of this site and no copyright infringement is intended.