Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter google youtube

Author Topic: Beginning Again (PG)  (Read 575 times)

Offline WaterLady

• dealwithit.gif
  • Councilwoman WaterLady / Moderator
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 113
  • SEND HELP
Beginning Again (PG)
« on: November 26, 2013, 04:44:01 AM »
here's today's edition of "Kate Writes Things Sometimes"

Title: Beginning Again
Author: Me :l
Rating: ummm PG i guess for death?
Summary: As Korra's life ends, another begins...
Notes:This spawned from a tumblr ask one of my friends got and I added to it with this idea. She told me I had to write it. xD So I did. I hope it's clear enough at the end what happens...

Beginning Again (click to show/hide)
“Are you sure you’re going to be okay, Korra? You don’t want me to stay with you?” asked Jinora. Her voice was gravelly with old age, but she was still as gentle as ever. Furry Foot floated beside her and squeaked with concern as well.

Korra lay in her bed at Air Temple Island. She was nearly a hundred years old, and she knew she didn’t have much time left. Her husband, friends, parents, and Tenzin all passed long before her, and she and Mako never had children. So, she chose to spend her last days in the place where she felt most at peace.

She smiled at her lifelong friend. “I’ll be fine, Jinora… Thank you for your concern, as always. You’ve always been there for me… thank you.”

Jinora nodded and shuffled out of the room, Furry Foot following her out. Jinora knew Korra’s time was coming as well, and she didn’t want her to be all alone when it happened. But Korra was stubborn, as she always has been about certain things, and Jinora also knew that Korra would want to be alone. She shut Korra’s door, and turned and bowed. “Go in peace… dear friend.”

Korra closed her eyes and leaned her head back against her pillows. Her windows were open, and a warm, spring breeze blew in. She could feel her breathing getting shallower, her heart rate slowing down. It was almost time.

Korra had accomplished so much in her life, and she was thankful for everyone who helped her along her way. She had one more friend to say good-bye to.

“Raava… Can you hear me?” Korra said softly. It was suddenly hard to speak.

“Yes, Korra. What is it?” Raava said.

“It’s almost time for me to go… I’m sorry, Raava… I won’t be with you much longer…”

“You will always be with me, Korra.” Raava said gently.

Korra smiled at this. “Thank you… I owe you so much… and I’m sorry I wasn’t able to get back your true memories…”

“Don’t worry. You’ve done more than enough. You’ve made sure the world knows about him, and his legacy will be passed on, just like yours will.”

“Thank you, Raava…” Korra gasped for air. Her final breaths were coming. “Good-bye… my friend…”

Korra exhaled her final breath, and above her, Raava left her body in speckles of golden light. “Good-bye, Korra…”

And with that, both Korra and Raava were gone.

-------------------------------

“Almost there, Ming! just one more push!” said the nurse.

It was the hospital in Ba Sing Se. Ming’s husband, Jin, squeezed her hand and held on tight. “You can do it, Ming!” he said, encouraging his wife.

Ming gave it her all, and was rewarded for her efforts. She heard her baby’s cries for the first time.

“It’s a boy!” the nurse said excitedly.

“A boy! Oh, I can’t believe it!” Ming said breathlessly. “How does he look? Is he healthy?”

“He’s beautiful, Ming! Congratulations, both of you!” the nurse wrapped the newborn in a soft blanket and handed him to his mother. 

Ming and Jin gazed upon the newborn.

“Look… he has your golden eyes!” Jin said. Ming was an Earthbender, as was her husband, but she had some Fire Nation in her family. 

“What are you going to name him?” asked the nurse.

Ming and Jin exchanged a look, and smiled at each other. They’d had a name in mind all along.

“Are you familiar with the story of the very first Avatar?” Jin asked the nurse.

“Oh, of course! It was such a wonderful story. Avatar Wan was so brave!” the nurse exclaimed.

“Yes, he was… and we hope our son grows up to be brave like he was…” said Ming.  “Our son, our little… Wan.”
« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 04:51:56 AM by WaterLady »

the doctor is out...

Offline Cassidy Alice

• "Laughter's the best medicine!"
  • Task Force
  • Winner!
  • Championship Pot: 262
    • Cassidy's Fanfiction
Re: Beginning Again (PG)
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2013, 05:05:39 AM »
Aww! That's so sweet and touching! <3 Especially loved the idea of Furry Foot sticking around! ^^

Set from tumblr. © Respective owners
Fanfiction | FictionPress | Tumblr | dA

Offline WaterLady

• dealwithit.gif
  • Councilwoman WaterLady / Moderator
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 113
  • SEND HELP
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2013, 05:50:03 PM »
thanks! :3

the doctor is out...

Offline A6

• Airbending Guru
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 230
  • avvie by Water Lily
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2013, 12:47:31 AM »
What a great little story that said a lot in with only a few words, Water!  I really needed to know that Mako and Korra were somehow connected to each other, as much as Raava and Korra were as well, in their common connection to Wan.

She obvious did her job of explaining Wan, with the next Earthbending Avatar being named for him.

Very nice, very nice indeed! :)
signatures - gift from my talented friends Water Lily and Honey Badger :3

Offline Cowboy Colt

• We are free to stuggle but we are not stuggling to be free.
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 231
  • Comparison is the death of contentedness
    • www.fanfiction.net
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2013, 01:55:01 AM »
Another great little fic, Water!

keeps and quotes (click to show/hide)
 ATLA keeps: Kataang lovemaking, "MY CABBAGES " line, Aangs quiet badassness
Main theme (click to show/hide)
[
Elevation requires separation.

Be thankful for each day that you have.

Member of the league of butts-Guardian's of the Markiplier fandom.

CREDITS:

Forum coded by Seluna
Logo illustrations courtesy of terrik_zion and Seluna.
-----

Enjoy the site?
You can donate to help with hosting and maintenance costs!

-----

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:

The Korra Connection is an unofficial, non-profit fansite made by fans. It is in no way affiliated with Nickelodeon, Viacom, creators Bryan Konietzko and Michael Dante DiMartino or anything else related to the Avatar: The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra or related franchises. All ownership rights are respected by the staff of this site and no copyright infringement is intended.