Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter google youtube

Author Topic: Songs that annoy you  (Read 8917 times)

Offline quidditchchick

• Councilwoman quidditchchick / Moderator
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 146
Re: Songs that annoy you
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2014, 10:39:49 AM »
Pompeii by Bastille

Both annoying and overly played.
People always talk about songs being overplayed and I'm just like ???

I don't listen to the radio xD

~Set by me~

Offline Chaos

• cha0tic entity
  • Chi Blocker
  • Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 27
  • expect n0thing and everything.
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2014, 05:22:27 PM »
.... i feel old. the radio used to be the only way to get new music. and then you put them on cassettes. so if you wanted to find new songs, you had to listen to the radio. which is why old songs like freebird and american pie are overplayed to me.

then there's people who don't have mp3 players, or can't listen to them at work/in the car/etc.

but yea, there's a couple songs, i don't know what they are, but they have whistling in them, and they annoy me so much. don't know why.

cha02 has n0 name, n0 place, n0 gender......cha02 is n0thing and everything - unpredictable

Offline Old Man Sokka

• Waterbending Healer
  • Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 26
    • My tumblr
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2014, 11:05:07 PM »
Pompeii by Bastille

Both annoying and overly played.
People always talk about songs being overplayed and I'm just like ???

I don't listen to the radio xD
It's not just on the radio, it's overplayed everywhere. Every restaurant, mall, store, and my gym plays that so so dang frequently I can't stand it.

I mean if I hear...

EH EHO EHO, EH EHO EHO

...one more time I'm going scream. -___-
(click to show/hide)

Offline quidditchchick

• Councilwoman quidditchchick / Moderator
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 146
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2014, 01:32:36 AM »
I always feel like if a song annoys you because it's overplayed, then you probably didn't really like the song to begin with. Idk xD I usually never have that problem with getting annoyed by songs being overplayed because there are times that I listen to a single song play on a loop for hours and never get sick of it.

~Set by me~

Offline Chaos

• cha0tic entity
  • Chi Blocker
  • Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 27
  • expect n0thing and everything.
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2014, 03:28:22 AM »
true. i never liked american pie or any of the variants - even weird al's. and i replay songs a lot too.

cha02 has n0 name, n0 place, n0 gender......cha02 is n0thing and everything - unpredictable

Offline Blu

• Task Force
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 116
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2014, 10:03:05 AM »
I'm always surprised how many songs with whistling there are on the playlist at work. Like...a lot of big pop hits have whistling right now.

And its worse at work cos the sound system is so cheap and treble-y, so the whistling stands out and burns into your sub-conscious.

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 214
  • I'm Fenix and don't you forget it!!
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2014, 10:34:00 PM »
I always feel like if a song annoys you because it's overplayed, then you probably didn't really like the song to begin with. Idk xD I usually never have that problem with getting annoyed by songs being overplayed because there are times that I listen to a single song play on a loop for hours and never get sick of it.

This. I don't have a problem listening to certain songs over and over again. Every song on my MP3 player or Windows Media Player I've probably listened to over a hundred times.

Extraordinarily awesome sig by Zevinja!!

Offline Old Man Sokka

• Waterbending Healer
  • Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 26
    • My tumblr
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2014, 04:09:59 AM »

This. I don't have a problem listening to certain songs over and over again. Every song on my MP3 player or Windows Media Player I've probably listened to over a hundred times.
Valid point, but sometimes good songs can be overplay to death and it gets to the point one can't stand to hear it anymore. Which is why if I hear a song that I really, really, really like I try not to listen to it too much otherwise I'll get sick of it within the first couple of days.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2014, 04:49:43 AM »

Valid point, but sometimes good songs can be overplay to death and it gets to the point one can't stand to hear it anymore. Which is why if I hear a song that I really, really, really like I try not to listen to it too much otherwise I'll get sick of it within the first couple of days.

Well it might also be the fact that I don't listen to the radio much. I get to choose what I'm listening to so playing songs I know I like I don't get tired of.

Oh speaking of songs that annoy me though, "Happy" by Pharrell Williams. I didn't mind hearing it in commercials or in Despicable Me 2, but hearing the whole thing through, it got incredibly annoying fast.

Offline Schmitty

• Naive Fools Club!
  • Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 63
  • A little bit crazy, and proud of it!
« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2014, 10:31:40 AM »
I have way too many songs that annoy me, mostly because a lot of people listen to the radio at work and the stations play a total of 10 songs throughout the day. But for me, the number 1 right now that annoys me is 'Timber' by Ke$ha. UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGH!
Spread the Katara angle!

ATLA Keeps: The Taunting Fish (114), Katara's Blushes, Aang's Energybending, The Kataango, Sokka and Aang's Bromance
TLOK Keeps: Aang's Beard, Katara's importance of family, Kya's sass, Bumi's facial hair, Vacation Tenzin

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2014, 08:24:17 PM »
Most Kesha annoys me. The only song I really like of hers is called  "Disgusting" because it's hilarious and she actually sounds good while singing it.

Offline Cassidy Alice

• "Laughter's the best medicine!"
  • Task Force
  • Winner!
  • Championship Pot: 262
    • Cassidy's Fanfiction
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2014, 09:34:03 PM »
I have way too many songs that annoy me, mostly because a lot of people listen to the radio at work and the stations play a total of 10 songs throughout the day. But for me, the number 1 right now that annoys me is 'Timber' by Ke$ha. UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGH!

This song annoys me too. ^^'

Set from tumblr. ę Respective owners
Fanfiction | FictionPress | Tumblr | dA

Offline Water Lily

• Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 137
  • ~Waterbender Lily~
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2014, 01:22:08 AM »
Any song that is rap

I don't listen to rap, but I do admire rappers creativity and their ability to...well, rap. XD It's not my cup of tea, but if it's on and I can't avoid it, I don't mind listening to it. What really annoys me are songs with a lot of obscenities. I can understand a couple, but when it seems like every other word is a curse word or something, I usually try to avoid it. ^^'

^This

A lot of songs today are like that. Even compliments within the song contain curse words...  :/

~To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.~

Offline wherewulf

• Councilman wherewulf / Moderator
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 130
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2014, 10:13:14 PM »
Any song that is rap

I don't listen to rap, but I do admire rappers creativity and their ability to...well, rap. XD It's not my cup of tea, but if it's on and I can't avoid it, I don't mind listening to it. What really annoys me are songs with a lot of obscenities. I can understand a couple, but when it seems like every other word is a curse word or something, I usually try to avoid it. ^^'

(waits for a "Most Interesting Man in the World" quote)  :)

Offline aanglover

• Elite Borra Metalbender
  • Round 2!
« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2014, 10:18:32 PM »
Royal--Lorde

how she got this song to be platinum i'll never know... >_>
click for HD

Keeps:
-Bolins look at Korra on Harmony Tower during their date
-Korras door busting abilities
-Bolin's pants-zipper scene
-the cake & rose Bolin gave Korra
-Anytime Toph calls Aang 'twinkletoes'

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2014, 10:34:15 PM »
I dunno why either, but my bro likes that song. Lorde is actually really talented. You should hear her single "Everybody Wants to Rule the World" from the Catching Fire soundtrack, she sounds like a grown woman in that, not a 17 year old.

And to be fair, Royals is at least a bit better than Call Me Maybe, which is sung by a freaking 28 year old!

Offline aanglover

• Elite Borra Metalbender
  • Round 2!
« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2014, 12:01:45 AM »
Very true. Damn Carly Rae Jepsen (or whoever she is..lol)

And i'm not dissin' on Lorde..she is a very talented singer with an impressive vocal range and I have heard 'Everybody wants to rule the world'. It's just her Royal song that i have a problem with. Too over-played i guess.
click for HD

Keeps:
-Bolins look at Korra on Harmony Tower during their date
-Korras door busting abilities
-Bolin's pants-zipper scene
-the cake & rose Bolin gave Korra
-Anytime Toph calls Aang 'twinkletoes'

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2014, 12:33:11 AM »
Yeah, it's Carly Rae Jepsen. Great voice, terrible songs unfortunately.

It's always hard to tell if people are dissing the artist in general or just the song, but yeah I can't blame you. I've only heard 'Royals' once and while I didn't consider it bad, it wasn't really noteworthy enough for me to really pay attention to it.

Offline Lionheart

• Task Force
  • Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 52
  • Taking out the dregs of humanity since 1917.
    • My FF.net
« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2014, 03:34:53 AM »
Do You Want to Build a Snowman? I mean, it's an okay song but after this bloody winter, good God, no I don't. Go away, Anna. XD
Set by Waterlady

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2014, 04:33:23 AM »
But it doesn't have to be a snowman, Lion. XDD

Whenever I think of that song though I think of The Shining parody of it now.

CREDITS:

Forum coded by Seluna
Logo illustrations courtesy of terrik_zion and Seluna.
-----

Enjoy the site?
You can donate to help with hosting and maintenance costs!

-----

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:

The Korra Connection is an unofficial, non-profit fansite made by fans. It is in no way affiliated with Nickelodeon, Viacom, creators Bryan Konietzko and Michael Dante DiMartino or anything else related to the Avatar: The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra or related franchises. All ownership rights are respected by the staff of this site and no copyright infringement is intended.