Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter google youtube

Author Topic: Halloween Costume Ides Sharing for TKC members and ATLAverse! Boo!!!  (Read 558 times)

Offline A6

• Airbending Guru
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 230
  • avvie by Water Lily
Well the witching hour is only 5 days away so we're going to repost this topic a second time try it again!  We know a lot of you love the fun of the season and like to dress up in your favorite costume.

We want to know about that. Just share your ideas and actual costume stories.

So starting today and running through the 31st we want you to show us (post self portraits or if you want to maintain your privacy rights, just describe your costume) that you will be wearing to parties or if you're young enough, begging for treats!

While the intent of this to share and your favorite costume! :D

Now here's the rest of the discussion.   Since the Avatar represents the confluence of the real and spirit world, along with sharing YOUR costume, we want you to imagine what your favorite ATLAverse character would wear to the equivalent of a Halloween party we'll just call for now "The Festival of Avatar Spirits!"   Korra's world or Aang's, or even Wan's or other Avatars all eligible.

You can submit graphic arts or a portrait of your ATLAverse's costume, or if you can't draw (like me...) you can submit and essay of how they would look.... and WHY!

Further if you want to submit a fan fic of your character's adventure in their costume - giving us a story, then do that too!

This is very free form.  Have at it for a Spook-tactular "Festival of Avatar Spirits"!
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 12:40:05 AM by A6 »
signatures - gift from my talented friends Water Lily and Honey Badger :3

Offline quidditchchick

• Councilwoman quidditchchick / Moderator
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 146
Re: Halloween Costume Contest for TKC members and ATLAverse! Boo!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2013, 01:41:09 AM »
Let's do this! :3

~Set by me~

Offline A6

• Airbending Guru
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 230
  • avvie by Water Lily
Re: Halloween Costume Contest for TKC members and ATLAverse! Boo!!!
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2013, 12:00:25 AM »
So here's my start on this.

When I was ten I created a cool robot costume out of boxes. I decorated it with dials. One small box on top of the main box was my head. With eyeholes and antenna from coat hangers. In front I had a door that opened and I put my bag in it as I said trick or treat.  I had retractable arm holes that I wore mittens like claws.  And wow was it warm! People loved it.

When I was a teen I dressed up like Spock, with eyebrows drawn in and homemade pointy ears. I wore a turtleneck and made my own Star Fleet symbol.

As a younger man I liked to dress up like Luke Skywalker. Not so much any more.  I look more like Jabba the Hutt...

For Avatar, I could see Aang and Katara dress up like 'Dancing With the Stars' dance partners.

Korra would just for grins dress up like a fairy princess!

I could see Bolin as a circus weight lifter with a sleeveless T

Appa would look great with a mask to look like a twenty ton raccoon!

Azula as Ursula the Disney octopus queen.

Ty Lee could be a good Ariel. A darn good one if her beach bikini top is any guide what she'd look like wearing shells instead! :D

Zuko as the Phantom of the Opera. Goes without saying...
signatures - gift from my talented friends Water Lily and Honey Badger :3

CREDITS:

Forum coded by Seluna
Logo illustrations courtesy of terrik_zion and Seluna.
-----

Enjoy the site?
You can donate to help with hosting and maintenance costs!

-----

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:

The Korra Connection is an unofficial, non-profit fansite made by fans. It is in no way affiliated with Nickelodeon, Viacom, creators Bryan Konietzko and Michael Dante DiMartino or anything else related to the Avatar: The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra or related franchises. All ownership rights are respected by the staff of this site and no copyright infringement is intended.