Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter google youtube

Author Topic: The Stories of Hero's Past and Present Updated 9-27-13  (Read 519 times)

Offline Cowboy Colt

• We are free to stuggle but we are not stuggling to be free.
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 231
  • Comparison is the death of contentedness
    • www.fanfiction.net
The Stories of Hero's Past and Present Updated 9-27-13
« on: September 22, 2013, 07:29:06 PM »
Hey there, Folks! I thought I'd try my hand at a oneshot collection based around ATLA/LOK. This probably won't be a purely kataang focused oneshot collection, but it will be heavily influenced by kataang. Hahaha Anyway, this will be updated regularly since I've been trying to write more often. the stories could run anywhere from fifty to two-thousand words, just depending on what I feel like writing. (this particular one that took me a few minutes to write only being about two-hundred) I hope you enjoy it and more should be on the way soon(another shorter one should probably be up later today). I know my witting isn't great, but I know I'm leaps and bounds ahead of what I used to be.

Also, I plan to update that other Persona oneshot collection I've got, but I kinda fell out of the 'Persona fandom'. Hahaha But I'll get back into it eventually. And one more thing: I'm starting to plan out my own original series  and I'll have a oneshot based on the rough idea, out pretty soon. Hope you guys enjoy that.

Enjoy!

Wounded pride (click to show/hide)Aang sometimes hated with Katara. It wasn’t that he didn’t want to spar with her; he loved spending time with his girlfriend.  But, when you have twelve matches with someone, and you come out of those netting nothing but losses, it’s understandable why he could get a tiny bit sour from time to time.

But really, it was okay.  Because it was time with her and time with her was precious. Every single time he heard her shout, “Let’s go another round, Pupil Aang!” he always responded with a cheerful, “Yes, Sifu Katara!”

There may be days that no matter how much he wants to be with her, he can’t because his duties inevitably get in the way. So, as long as he was able, he vowed to make as memories with her as possible.

Besides, the kisses he stole (and received) between rounds were like a balm to his ‘wounded pride’. If the master of all the elements was going to get his butt kicked by anyone, it might as well be by the woman he loves.

The Avatar's misery (click to show/hide)Nothing mattered anymore. She was gone. He had held her limp body in his own hands. He had wiped away the blood that stained her beautiful form.  She was taken from him, and now only anger and anguish accompanied Aang’s vessel.

That Vessel had only one objective left: Kill those that dared to attack them. He didn’t want to think about a life without her. He didn’t want to dwell on the fact that he could have protected her better. He just wanted them all dead.  They had taken what was precious from him, so why should he consider their lives precious anymore?

The various men and women that made up the group that was brave enough to go after a bounty placed on the Avatar fled in terror. Abandoning their man made weapons and bending abilities, they made an attempt to preserve their own lives. But to no avail. Aang made sure that there was no way to escape, and he gave them no quarter. He crushed their bodies beneath boulders, decapitated them with scythe like displays of airbending, and even burned their bodies to near ash with powerful infernos.

Tears leaked from Aang’s glowing eyes. He knew deep down that he had to stop, that she would want him to stop. But he couldn’t. He was numb to any idea of mercy. It was as if every past avatar that had lost a lover unjustly, was helping to fuel his anger and misery. The vessel wouldn’t stop until it’s dark deed of vengeance was done.

When the glow faded from Aang’s body, and he had complete control of himself again, he looked over his path of destruction:  Bodies lay tossed around,(if most of them could even be recognized as such, anymore) and a thick scent of blood and smoke mixed together blanketed the surrounding area. The grounds themselves were now decimate with craters and scorch marks. But the one place that lay left untouched by the madness was where his beloved Katara rested.

When he hobbled over to her, he collapsed to his knees and cradled her still warm body in his arms. Rocking back and forth, Aang began to sob painfully. He wept for both the lives he had taken, and the beautiful life that was taken from him.

(title of collection will most likely change)
« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 08:54:34 PM by Cowboy Colt »

keeps and quotes (click to show/hide)
 ATLA keeps: Kataang lovemaking, "MY CABBAGES " line, Aangs quiet badassness
Main theme (click to show/hide)
[
Elevation requires separation.

Be thankful for each day that you have.

Member of the league of butts-Guardian's of the Markiplier fandom.

Offline Cassidy Alice

• "Laughter's the best medicine!"
  • Task Force
  • Winner!
  • Championship Pot: 262
    • Cassidy's Fanfiction
Re: The stories of those that live in the four nations Updated 9-22-13
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2013, 08:15:38 PM »
Yay! So excited to see you're writing ATLA/LoK fanfiction! This was a wonderful read and so sweet! Looking forward to more! ^_^

Set from tumblr. © Respective owners
Fanfiction | FictionPress | Tumblr | dA

Offline Cowboy Colt

• We are free to stuggle but we are not stuggling to be free.
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 231
  • Comparison is the death of contentedness
    • www.fanfiction.net
Re: The Stories of Hero's Past and Present Updated 9-27-13
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2013, 08:55:53 PM »
New chapter. This is one I finished right alongside the other, but just haven't posted till now. It's another short one, and it's a bit of a dark 'AU'. Hope you like it.

keeps and quotes (click to show/hide)
 ATLA keeps: Kataang lovemaking, "MY CABBAGES " line, Aangs quiet badassness
Main theme (click to show/hide)
[
Elevation requires separation.

Be thankful for each day that you have.

Member of the league of butts-Guardian's of the Markiplier fandom.

Offline Cassidy Alice

• "Laughter's the best medicine!"
  • Task Force
  • Winner!
  • Championship Pot: 262
    • Cassidy's Fanfiction
Re: The Stories of Hero's Past and Present Updated 9-27-13
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2013, 09:43:04 PM »
Another great chapter, Cowboy! I really enjoyed it, even though it was sad. Great job!

Set from tumblr. © Respective owners
Fanfiction | FictionPress | Tumblr | dA

CREDITS:

Forum coded by Seluna
Logo illustrations courtesy of terrik_zion and Seluna.
-----

Enjoy the site?
You can donate to help with hosting and maintenance costs!

-----

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:

The Korra Connection is an unofficial, non-profit fansite made by fans. It is in no way affiliated with Nickelodeon, Viacom, creators Bryan Konietzko and Michael Dante DiMartino or anything else related to the Avatar: The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra or related franchises. All ownership rights are respected by the staff of this site and no copyright infringement is intended.