Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter google youtube

Author Topic: I've lost my way  (Read 440 times)

Offline lilithxchan

• Metalbender
  • Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 28
  • Korrasami Expert
I've lost my way
« on: September 08, 2013, 04:41:38 PM »
As most of you know, I a m a GIANT DC fan girl. I love DC. I even can stand to read the new 52... yeah even though there are conflicting story lines and some of it makes sense and some of it doesn't.

You want a retelling of the Infinite Crisis? I'm your girl! The Intimate details of Each Flash?  3X2(9YZ)4A!

I know just about everyone in the entire green lantern Corp.

I have lived through 3 Batgirls, and 5 Robins.

You wanna talk Teen Titians?  I'll ask which team? God there were so many versions of hte Teen Titans you know? And I loved them all.

But lately... DC has decided to pull some stuff that I can't handle. I mean new 52 aside....  They have publicly stated that they won't ever allow Batwoman and Maggie to get married... ever. There isn't even an attempted cover up. They are just like "NOPE! We don't care how cannonly lesbian these characters are, they'll never marry."

DC Cares enough about LGBTQIA Persons to includethem in their comics, but to never support them fully.

And then there is their latest talent search... which is to glorify and sexualize suicide. I kid you not. Who can Draw Harley Quinn attempting suicide while naked, the best? and they don't see why this is a problem!

What's wrong with you DC? What happened? Maybe I didn't lose my way... maybe you did... I want my comics back...

http://popwatch.ew.com/2013/09/05/batwoman-jh-williams/

http://www.cbc.ca/newsblogs/yourcommunity/2013/09/dc-comics-call-for-naked-suicidal-harley-quinn-image-angers-fans.html

Offline Nightcrawler

• Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 52
  • sig via tumblr, icon by delanynder
Re: I've lost my way
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2013, 04:23:07 AM »
I honestly cannot believe that they completely 'restarted' the entire universe. It makes no sense to me, personally. I suppose things get old and boring, and thing start to feel repetitive. Something new and fresh would fix it. But how exactly does it work? Did some mega-villain with reality altering powers change everything? Or did the creators just up and say "Oh, let's just end all the comics and start all over again, throwing away seventy years of great unforgettable  stories and memories."

If this happened in Marvel, I'd be extremely upset and angry and probably add them to my hit list. Then again, I might actually like it because everything would be back to the way it was with teams that make sense and teams that don't have dead members and aren't split in half.

I really am sorry you feel this way though, and I share your pain and completely understand you even though I don't read any DC comics. Here's a hug!

Everyone's story begins once upon a time...and it's up to us to cherish the time we're given to ensure we live happily ever after.

CREDITS:

Forum coded by Seluna
Logo illustrations courtesy of terrik_zion and Seluna.
-----

Enjoy the site?
You can donate to help with hosting and maintenance costs!

-----

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:

The Korra Connection is an unofficial, non-profit fansite made by fans. It is in no way affiliated with Nickelodeon, Viacom, creators Bryan Konietzko and Michael Dante DiMartino or anything else related to the Avatar: The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra or related franchises. All ownership rights are respected by the staff of this site and no copyright infringement is intended.