Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter google youtube

Author Topic: 102-A Leaf in the Wind  (Read 686 times)

Offline divsalley

• Fire Sage Divs
  • Councilwoman Divs / Global Moderator
  • Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 85
  • Haters gonna Hate. :P
    • My Tumblr
102-A Leaf in the Wind
« on: November 11, 2012, 09:16:34 AM »
Description:
Frustrated with her failed attempts to master airbending on Air Temple Island, Korra disobeys her teacher, Tenzin, and shifts her focus to Republic City's famous Pro-bending Arena. There, she befriends the brothers Mako and Bolin, who compete in professional bending matches. The Avatar is immediately drawn to pro-bending's dynamic fighting style

Discuss!

My Keeps (click to show/hide)
LoK Keeps (click to show/hide)Korra and Naga's Friendship
Korra's Sass
Mako's Seriousness
Mako's Scarf
The Finale Makorra Hug and Twirl

ATLA Keeps (click to show/hide)Zuko's Destiny
Zuko's Finale Speech
Zuko's Honor
Zuko's Inner Fire
Zuko's Speech to Ozai in DoBS

Online Lionheart

• Task Force
  • Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 52
  • Taking out the dregs of humanity since 1917.
    • My FF.net
Re: 102-A Leaf in the Wind
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2013, 10:32:52 AM »
Doug, again, you should've reviewed this along with the first considering they were released together. Now that I thought of it, Air does seem to fit Korra as her opposite and that the most difficult element should be the one opposite to the Avatar's personality. If you really think about it, Aang had more trouble with fire than with earth. The Pro-Bending I liked at first, though I admit that I was afraid that it would  take up the majority of the series. Thank God it didn't. I think I knew right off the bat here that Makorra would be canon.
Set by Waterlady

Offline Waterbender16

• Pro-bending Fan
  • Championship Pot: 5
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2015, 06:35:15 PM »
First appearances of Mako and Bolin did not disappoint!! :D (well, if it wasn't for Mako being so harsh on Korra... :P)
One of the best episodes of Book 1.

Offline wherewulf

• Councilman wherewulf / Moderator
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 130
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2017, 01:16:33 AM »
"How do you solve a problem like a Kor-raaaaa?"
"How do you catch a cloud and pin it dowwwwwn?"

Well, not that Legend of Korra ever turned into a musical (although that'd be an interesting thought), but I'd lay money that Tenzin had a thought or two along those lines during this episode.

And a few others.  XD

On that note, Meelo must have been an incredible handful to train.  And for that matter, it makes me wonder how Tenzin did get around to training Ikki and Meelo.  I mean, Jinora I get; her firstborn seriousness helped her and helped Tenzin get things across to her very well.  Ikki and Meelo... oil and water, I would say.  Another fanfic plotbunny.  Hm.

As far as that is concerned and not to speak ill of Tenzin, but I wonder if Jinora might have made more progress with Korra.  Just a thought.  I think Jinora might have been able to connect better with Korra here, as we learned later on.  Ah, well.

Also, I'm still a fan of Korrasami and Bopal, but I really think Borra would have been interesting, and good for both of them.  I also have to say I still really like the way Bolin started out--as opposed to how he turned out.

"Being the Avatar isn't all about fighting, Korra!" said Tenzin.  "When will you learn that?"  Very good question.  Certainly I asked it for a few seasons.

CREDITS:

Forum coded by Seluna
Logo illustrations courtesy of terrik_zion and Seluna.
-----

Enjoy the site?
You can donate to help with hosting and maintenance costs!

-----

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:

The Korra Connection is an unofficial, non-profit fansite made by fans. It is in no way affiliated with Nickelodeon, Viacom, creators Bryan Konietzko and Michael Dante DiMartino or anything else related to the Avatar: The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra or related franchises. All ownership rights are respected by the staff of this site and no copyright infringement is intended.