Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter google youtube

Author Topic: Mafia: Crossroads of Destiny [Game Over: Town Wins]  (Read 20769 times)

Offline Guyw1tn0nam3

• Chi Blocker
  • Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 52
  • Inhumane and beautiful
Re: Mafia: Crossroads of Destiny [Day One]
« Reply #40 on: August 18, 2013, 05:32:30 PM »
Sorry let me rephrase then.

WinterStar is claiming Sokka.

Sokka in that gif is wearing Fire Nation clothes.

Fire Nation = Evil.

Evil = Mafia.

Sokka is mafia.

By transitive property, WinterStar is mafia.

Offline WinterStar

• Pro-bending Fan
  • Championship Pot: 9
« Reply #41 on: August 18, 2013, 05:41:01 PM »
No, I got it the first time. It's just that... You know what? That makes perfect sense! And another thing that makes perfect sense is:

Guy claimed Jin
Jin was in love Zuko
Zuko is from the Fire Nation
So Jin is affiliated with the Fire Nation
Fire Nation = Evil
Evil = Mafia
Thus, Guy if Mafia

Offline Guyw1tn0nam3

• Chi Blocker
  • Round 2!
  • Inhumane and beautiful
« Reply #42 on: August 18, 2013, 05:58:09 PM »
Damn. That analysis was spot on. I'm at a loss for words. ;___;

Offline The Banished Prince

• Metalbender
  • Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 53
« Reply #43 on: August 18, 2013, 06:34:55 PM »
Guy, if you truly believe that there's a large possibility of strong safe claims being used  this game, why do you advocate claiming?

Let go your earthly tether. Enter the void. Empty and become wind.

Offline rcox1995

• Heir of Blood
  • Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 11
  • Hey, you. Yes, I am talking to you.
« Reply #44 on: August 18, 2013, 08:13:36 PM »
Guy, if you truly believe that there's a large possibility of strong safe claims being used  this game, why do you advocate claiming?

That's what I was wondering, lol.

Offline Guyw1tn0nam3

• Chi Blocker
  • Round 2!
  • Inhumane and beautiful
« Reply #45 on: August 18, 2013, 09:07:33 PM »

Where did I say that?

I just said I wanted to get my claim out of the way first. Because let's face it, if someone else suggested mass claiming and I came out last as Jin, what do you think is going to happen to me, lol?

Offline Blu

• Task Force
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 116
« Reply #46 on: August 19, 2013, 01:33:58 AM »
And hmm, Blu said that he'd claim after Guy did, if I'm not mistaken, but I don't see him doing so.

I haven't been online since. I'm the Earth King.

Offline bearboymcg

• Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 72
« Reply #47 on: August 19, 2013, 03:28:13 AM »
Guy is Jin,I'm Iroh,WinterStar is Sokka and Blupac is the Earth King.

Who are the other 5 players?

Beautiful Kataang set made by my Secret Santa:D

• Metalbender
  • Round 2!
« Reply #48 on: August 19, 2013, 03:34:18 AM »
I'm Toph.

Offline Blu

• Task Force
  • Knockout!
« Reply #49 on: August 19, 2013, 04:04:42 AM »
1. Glitch
2. rcox1995
3. WinterStar - Sokka
4. The Banished Prince - Toph
5. Blupac Shakur - Earth King
6. bearboymcg - Iroh
7. Figjam
8. Guyw1tn0nam3 - Jin
9. Lex

So only 4 players haven't claimed.

Offline FIGJAM

• Traveler Unknown. Rabblerouser. The Trendsetter of TKC
  • Chi Blocker
  • Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 37
  • I tried to pay attention, but attention paid me.
« Reply #50 on: August 19, 2013, 04:05:43 AM »
I'm Aang.

Offline Guyw1tn0nam3

• Chi Blocker
  • Round 2!
  • Inhumane and beautiful
« Reply #51 on: August 19, 2013, 05:38:17 AM »
And hmm, Blu said that he'd claim after Guy did, if I'm not mistaken, but I don't see him doing so.

I haven't been online since. I'm the Earth King.

Confirmed lurker. Mafia.

<< Post Merge: August 19, 2013, 06:02:47 AM >>

Well, I just want to get the ball rolling so I'm just going to try this for once. Instead of how I usually see online mafia being played, where we list suspicions, I want to try something I've seen in some of the live mafia games I've been participating in recently.

I've kind of built a small circle of trust around me, assuming that I'm town, and I'm basing this all off of the random quips I've made of people the last few days. The reason why is because sometimes you can kind of tell if people are just kind of fake joking or acting naturally.

So just as an initial read, I think TBP is town. His response when I said "That's some scum talk" was really serious and on point town talk, and I don't think as mafia he'd react as seriously to something I said so light heartedly. It was a bit weird how he reacted so defensively though and then stated later that I was playing consistently by just joking around a bit on the first day (as in...why so defensive if he knew I'd just joke around?) but I think that's honestly more in his favor as a townsperson I think.

For the moment, I also trust Blu as town, but I've been wrong before. I just think his claim is solid in the sense that it's definitely a character in the episode and I wouldn't think of the earth king as a safe claim. Even if I was wrong on that, he also made that list of players who had claimed/had not claimed, and I don't remember him being so active so early in this game when he was mafia.

Finally, I'm 50/50 on WinterStar, but I'm leaning more towards town. I like how she jumped on Blu to claim, which kind of shows she was actively paying attention. She also kind of reacted to my joke kind of the way I expected her to, and she didn't really play along like the other ones did and kind of fired it right back at me, which I don't think is a really mafia thing to do. I think the reason why I'm 50/50 is it looked like she was kind of bandwagoning on the claim thing, even though I don't think I really started on anything and seemed really attentive to Blu claiming. I know that was the same reason that I thought she was pro-town, but it works both ways I think.

So I think those three are in my circle for now (inb4 they're all mafia together), and anyone else I'd be okay killing day one if we don't have a clear target.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 06:02:47 AM by Guyw1tn0nam3 »

Offline Blu

• Task Force
  • Knockout!
« Reply #52 on: August 19, 2013, 09:24:54 AM »
I agree about Winterstar, although I also think she's a good player so she's capable of deception. But so far she's been really genuinely helpful, in that she's been unafraid to accuse people (me, for not claiming).

I can't be so sure about TBP though.

Quote (selected)
Even if I was wrong on that, he also made that list of players who had claimed/had not claimed, and I don't remember him being so active so early in this game when he was mafia.

That's also a playing on TKC thing though. When I'm on ASN I never do stuff like that because a) it takes more work and b) someone else will probably do it at some point. But here with these smaller games I like to stay on top of things.

1. Glitch
2. rcox1995
3. WinterStar - Sokka
4. The Banished Prince - Toph
5. Blupac Shakur - Earth King
6. bearboymcg - Iroh
7. Figjam - Aang
8. Guyw1tn0nam3 - Jin
9. Lex

I'd say there's no point in hanging on to your claim with so many claims already made, but then again we still have Katara un-outed and she's probably the doctor. So I think three players is enough for her to hide in and remain sorta safe. We also won't have an obvious 'cop' character in an ATLA game, which we might have in a LOK game.

But if we halt claiming then it comes down to choosing the most suspicious claim for me, out of the players who have already done so. Or at the very least, placing votes and getting people to talk.

Offline bearboymcg

• Round 2!
« Reply #53 on: August 19, 2013, 04:27:02 PM »
Vote:Guyw1tn0nam3

Sorry guy,but I'm going to vote for you for the moment.You have the oddest cliam and now you just said that you've been building a circle of trust between people.That just sounds suspicious to me.

Offline Guyw1tn0nam3

• Chi Blocker
  • Round 2!
  • Inhumane and beautiful
« Reply #54 on: August 19, 2013, 04:55:58 PM »
I don't see that as suspicious. I see that as choraling the town to victory. I think there are people in this town that are more pro-town than others, and if we can get a circle of people going we can just off the people who are not in that circle. Simple as that.

Also, my odd claim only lends more credibility to me for a few reasons:

From my perspective, I have a really bad claim, so it's more helpful to town if I just come out with it early. The reason is because if I come out with it too late, people will see it as a safe claim and that'll cast more suspicion on me, which is bad for town because I'm town. Me coming out as a really bad claim might be a meta~play designed to throw people off, but just the fact that I was first person doesn't seem that way.

You also have to realize that as mafia, if I had a bad claim like this, I'd know better than to come out, because that's just unnecessary suspicion. I could've just said what Grieves said and that if we overclaim, we're going to potentially reveal a doctor and so we need a good safe buffer zone between claims. So just from a strategic standpoint I don't know why as mafia I'd come out first as Jin other than to prove myself as town. I don't think it's in my interest to come out if I was mafia.

Building a circle of trust isn't suspicious. If anything, it gives me a good idea of who I want to kill and who I don't want to kill. It's much easier to get reads on who might be town than who might be mafia because chances are maybe one or two mafia members haven't even spoken up yet.

So, now, after bearboy's voice, I'm okay with killing anyone besides bearboy, Blu, and TBP. I'm more convinced by bear's reaction that he's town. I don't think if he was mafia he'd think to be really confrontational with me. I'm also less convinced on WinterStar the more I think about it, but she's still 50/50. The reason is there are some claim issues I'm worrying about. Toph, Sokka, and Aang have already come out, and if Blu's right (and I think he is) that Katara is a doctor, then chances are very high if I believe Zev threw in a strong safe claim that one of those four is a mafia.

Out of those, TBP and WinterStar strikes me as the easiest safe claims. Toph is a really lovable character, but wasn't that integral to the episode, and Sokka was the same way, but the fact that they're main characters keeps them in the running as good claims.
<< Post Merge: August 19, 2013, 04:58:56 PM >>

Also note that mafia are probably Ty Lee, Mai, and Azula, or if there's one out it's still composed of those three in some way shape or form.

I don't know where Long Feng and Zuko fit into the equation though, but just from the fact that I was given Jin as a character claim, I can surmise that Zev was running out of characters and needed a few denizens of Ba Sing Se to fill in the gaps.

Just from the information I'm given, and noting that only three people haven't claimed and those people most likely are not all the mafia, that only gives me more evidence that we have either strong or at least some sort of safe claims in this game.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 04:58:57 PM by Guyw1tn0nam3 »

Offline WinterStar

• Pro-bending Fan
  • Championship Pot: 9
« Reply #55 on: August 19, 2013, 05:57:14 PM »
As of yet, Guy's character really is the most suspicious - it's a minor character, that really looks odd compared to the other claims. But, as far as I know, Guy's a good player and wouldn't use such a character as a safe claim. Of course, this could be a really good and complicated strategy.

I can't say I'm overly suspicious of anybody at the moment - Blu claimed quickly after I prodded him, and Guy was joking around with me. But bearboymcg was really fast to accuse Guy and vote for him. I'm not really sure what to think of that - he seems like either a very eager townie or a very impatient Mafia player.

Aww, I'm in Guy's circle, you're making me blush ^^. I understand why my claim could seem suspicious, but I don't think there's much I can do about it. I decided to reveal my character early on, so people wouldn't gang up on me for not saying anything. What Guy said , that with 3 people left, who haven't  claimed, not all of them will be Mafia. But some of them will most likely be. Now, if they did receive safe claims, I imagine they'd claim as soon as possible. So either all the Mafia have claimed, or not all of them were given safe claims, or they're just waiting so as not to appear suspicious. But if Katara is indeed the healer, than it's understandable that she's not claiming. Or she's already claimed, saying she's someone else.

So now, about the number - in a game of 9 people, there are probably no more than 3 mafia players. So if there are three, one of them has probably claimed already. So we've gotta watch out.

I won't vote for now, I need to see a little more of the game.

Offline bearboymcg

• Round 2!
« Reply #56 on: August 19, 2013, 06:37:32 PM »
Your reason makes sense:) Unvote

I can't say I'm overly suspicious of anybody at the moment - Blu claimed quickly after I prodded him, and Guy was joking around with me. But bearboymcg was really fast to accuse Guy and vote for him. I'm not really sure what to think of that - he seems like either a very eager townie or a very impatient Mafia player.
I'm kinda an inpatient townie at the moment.I've read the previous mafia game thread and am aware that there was a time limit eventually given and if Zevinja chooses to do something similar,like she stated she could in rule 9,us townies could be in trouble.We've so far been playing for like 2 days now and haven't really done much or have come any closer to figuring out who the mafia players are.

As far as voting for guy,I've been a little suspicious of him from his posts.Then I find out that it was part of a strategy to form a circle of trust,which the strategy came off like possibly something a mafia member might do to protect themself from being linched.It made me pretty suspicious of him and I wanted to find out the reason behind why he did so,so I voted for him. 

• Metalbender
  • Round 2!
« Reply #57 on: August 19, 2013, 10:02:56 PM »
So just as an initial read, I think TBP is town. His response when I said "That's some scum talk" was really serious and on point town talk, and I don't think as mafia he'd react as seriously to something I said so light heartedly. It was a bit weird how he reacted so defensively though and then stated later that I was playing consistently by just joking around a bit on the first day (as in...why so defensive if he knew I'd just joke around?) but I think that's honestly more in his favor as a townsperson I think.

TBH, at that point I wasn't sure if you were joking or not. And I figured if I couldn't tell, it'd be better to explain my intentions and nip it in the bud.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll get into the people I (sort of) trust in a moment, but I want to put it out there that if we had to lynch someone right now, my vote would be on rcox. While Glitch and Lex also haven't claimed, they also haven't even confirmed yet. And I don't believe they've even been online since the game has started. But Ryan has confirmed, and has been online. And not only has he not claimed, but he hasn't made a single post of substance. Having played a few games with him, I've noticed that he tends to be on the quieter side as scum. And that's the way he's played so far.

Figjam claimed Aang. That's the type of claim that you just can't make unless you ARE him. He may not have said much of anything of substance, but I trust him the most right now.

Guy has a really weak claim, but I always feel that we should go off behavior much more than claims. And he's come off as town to me. He's made some valid points/observations, we seem to be on the same page as far as reads go.

The Earth King could easily be a solid safe claim, but with the way Blu is playing, I'm leaning towards him being town, as well. I really just can't see him creating claim lists and/or trying to lead the discussion so early as mafia. While he is known for his unorthodox tactics as mafia, those tactics usually don't put him in the spotlight. Like, he does subtle things to appear more town. Creating those lists would just attract unnecessary attention, especially for this early in the game.

Bearboy being the first to go after Guy makes me think he's town. I just can't see a first time mafia member being confrontational so early on.

Like Guy, I'm still up in the air about WinterStar.

Offline Blu

• Task Force
  • Knockout!
« Reply #58 on: August 19, 2013, 11:06:28 PM »
Actually my bad about the no more claiming. Its probably quite likely that there would be at least one mafia who hasn't claimed yet, so if they wanted to have a stab at killing the likely Katara/doctor role, they probably could, and they'd be choosing  between two, rather than three, players.

I still don't advocate any more claiming though.

But I'm also aware that that means we're basically letting a third of the game off in that respect.

Vote: Winterstar

I just wanna apply some pressure to her. Its a good claim but its not THAT good, and it would be a logical safe claim in a game with Aang and (presumably) Katara.

Offline FIGJAM

• Traveler Unknown. Rabblerouser. The Trendsetter of TKC
  • Chi Blocker
  • Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 37
  • I tried to pay attention, but attention paid me.
« Reply #59 on: August 20, 2013, 05:28:09 AM »
Right now, I'm deciding between WinterStar and Guy. Everyone else (besides the unclaimed, obviously) I'm still trying to figure out. More to follow, watch this space.

CREDITS:

Forum coded by Seluna
Logo illustrations courtesy of terrik_zion and Seluna.
-----

Enjoy the site?
You can donate to help with hosting and maintenance costs!

-----

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:

The Korra Connection is an unofficial, non-profit fansite made by fans. It is in no way affiliated with Nickelodeon, Viacom, creators Bryan Konietzko and Michael Dante DiMartino or anything else related to the Avatar: The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra or related franchises. All ownership rights are respected by the staff of this site and no copyright infringement is intended.