Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter google youtube

Author Topic: Gravity Falls  (Read 5769 times)

Offline GothicAngel

• Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 90
  • All roads lead to Rome, but we ain't goin' to Rome
Re: Gravity Falls
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2013, 06:33:25 AM »
I love Robbie. Seems like my kind of guy, eyeliner and all. Except for all the whining and the lying and shtuff.

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 214
  • I'm Fenix and don't you forget it!!
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2013, 06:35:50 AM »
I'd like him if it weren't for all the whining and the lying and stuff. XD Plus he was a jerk to Dipper even before he discovered Dipper had a thing for Wendy.

Extraordinarily awesome sig by Zevinja!!

Offline GothicAngel

• Round 2!
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2013, 06:38:25 AM »
Yeah. But still. I'm more or less incapable of hating any character in any show or movie or etc.
I don't know how, I just am.

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2013, 06:40:23 AM »
Well I'm not a hater myself. I don't hate the guy, just have a dislike for him. Doesn't mean I don't enjoy every time he's on screen because he does some hilarious stuff.
The muffin on the water tower for example. XD

Offline GothicAngel

• Round 2!
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2013, 06:41:21 AM »
Is it bad that I thought it was a giant muffin when I first saw it, too?

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2013, 06:42:52 AM »
Not at all. I thought it was as well. I still like to think it is one. Much funnier than an explosion. XDD

Offline GothicAngel

• Round 2!
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2013, 06:44:13 AM »
It's the thought that counts. :3

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2013, 06:45:38 AM »
Indeed. Plus I like muffins!

Offline GothicAngel

• Round 2!
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2013, 06:48:16 AM »
Muffins are the food of the gods.

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2013, 07:01:19 AM »
Indeed. Especially chocolate, blueberry, and poppyseed.

Offline GothicAngel

• Round 2!
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2013, 01:55:40 PM »
Blueberry is, in my opinion, the best form of muffin there is.

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2013, 10:39:46 PM »
I can't decide. All 3 are absolutely amazing. @_@

Offline Cowboy Colt

• We are free to stuggle but we are not stuggling to be free.
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 231
  • Comparison is the death of contentedness
    • www.fanfiction.net
« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2013, 12:07:49 AM »
Season finale was amazing.

keeps and quotes (click to show/hide)
 ATLA keeps: Kataang lovemaking, "MY CABBAGES " line, Aangs quiet badassness
Main theme (click to show/hide)
[
Elevation requires separation.

Be thankful for each day that you have.

Member of the league of butts-Guardian's of the Markiplier fandom.

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2013, 12:09:27 AM »
I know!! Holy crap!! I can't wait for season 2!
<< Post Merge: August 05, 2013, 08:23:21 PM >>

Holy cow I just had a revelation that supports my theory about Robbie being a zombie or being affiliated with Zombies. There are so many clues that he's involved with zombies. Someone made a joke about Rob Zombie, and it just made me think, what if his name is a homage to that band?
<< Post Merge: July 28, 2014, 10:16:22 PM >>

So who's ready for season 2?!! I'm overly stoked about it, I haven't been this excited for a new season in a while. (not that I wasn't excited for Korra season 3, but I've  been cautiously optimistic about it since season 2 started)

It starts August 1st this week on Disney Channel, and is moving to Disney XD on the 4th where it will be staying for the remainder of the season.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 10:16:22 PM by Fenix »

Offline quidditchchick

• Councilwoman quidditchchick / Moderator
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 146
« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2015, 12:18:21 PM »
Okay, I am bumping this thread because this show is amazing and deserves more discussion!

Also, that new episode was so good and things are about to get REALLY SERIOUS!

~Set by me~

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2015, 09:49:42 PM »
Yay!! Finally some discussion. You can't do that well on Tumblr.

Northwest Mansion Mystery is by far my favorite of the season and possibly of the series. I find it interesting that both my favorite episodes of the two seasons involve ghosts and Dipper's love interests/friendships. Of course that's partially just cuz I love ghost stories.

This episode really did have everything. The comedy was top notch. I mean Love God was funny, but somehow I felt the comedy worked better here. I'm guessing all the other elements helped really enhance the comedy. As a fan of the History Channel and Ghost Hunters, one of my favorite cracks was UTBAHC and Ghost Harassers. And the guys in that ghost show totally looked like the two main investigators from Ghost Hunters.
The episode was legitimately creepy and disturbing. Bleeding animal heads, skeleton coming out of the fire, actually almost showing how the ghost died. And I loved it. Man you don't see a ton of stuff like that anymore in kids shows unless it's Adventure Time or Regular Show. And you definitely don't see it on Disney.

The development needs it's own paragraph. Holy cow has the show done a fantastic job developing and focusing on side characters this season. Gosh why can't AT do it more like this? Pacifica was the star of this episode. She's the one that learned a lesson, she's the one that grew, she was the one that solved the problem and saved the day. Dipper certainly helped her along, but it was really her choice in the end. For a character who was never meant to be more than a bully and rival to Mabel, Alex didn't a fantastic rectifying and showing why Pacifica is the way she is.

The animation was gorgeous, especially during the scene when the ghost turned the mansion in a forest. That was eerie but breathtaking.

That cliffhanger though. Man that went into high gear quickly. The apocalypse in 21 hourse I can't imagine what that entails, but I can guess a lot of the problems will be caused by Bill and even Stan. I think Stan is gonna activate the portal or whatever it is.

Offline quidditchchick

• Knockout!
« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2015, 02:30:25 AM »
Omg right? I loved this episode so much! I've wanted Pacifica to be a part of the main group since the Golf War, and now she is totally going to be part of it! Charlie and I were speculating that the llama on the symbol page could possibly represent Pacifica, and it turns out that there were llamas in that painting in the secret room so aww yeah! I'm pretty sure Alex has planned for Pacifica to be more than just a rival to Mabel since the beginning, because Alex is awesome like that and I'm sure he's had the entire show planned from the beginning because there's a ton of foreshadowing.

And man I love creepy things, so this episode was great for that! All of the blood spilling out of the taxidermy heads omg Alex, wth? o-o Also there was a gif set I made about the main lumberjack guy getting killed with an axe to this head and that was pretty brutal because the Northwest guy just stood there and watched him die. But there was so much commentary on my gif set that was like WHOA.

They were speculating that all of the people who died trying to build the Northwest Manor and died in the mudslide ended up being washed away near where the Mystery Shack is and that's why there were so many zombies near the shack in Scareyoke. Which makes SO much sense like omg.

And then there's this other thing me and my friend were talking about. Why did they have a tapestry of Bill in their house?? So we thought maybe they made some sort of deal with Bill at some point because even though they fake founded the town, the first Northwest was a loser with no money, so where did that money come from? Even if they were known to have founded the town, they didn't really and they didn't have any money to their name to begin with. Also we know Pacifica's dad had a tube of his wiped memories, so he was probably a member of the Society of the Blind Eye at some point if it was next to McGucket's name because his was like on a trigger to set an alarm. So we might find out more about that soon. o.o

That cliffhanger tho, omg. Things are gonna get real really quick! I'm actually surprised Dipper wasn't excited about the laptop being fixed and just wanted to have fun at the party; only 21 hours until the apocalypse ahh o-o

Also, omg the Dipper/Pacifica was the cutest thing! Charlie and I KNEW that this episode was gonna make us ship them, and we were right! They are so cute ahhh ;A;

~Set by me~

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2015, 04:16:36 AM »
Actually I heard that Alex said himself he wasn't planning on developing Pacifica more than what she was in the first season but did so in season 2 because she became popular.  While I'm sure he had a ton of stuff planned since the beginning it's not really possible to have everything planned out, you end up changing you mind about things a lot. Don't quote me on that though, I'm not sure where Alex supposedly mentioned this but who knows. He may however have considered it beforehand. In season 1 it did show that Pacifica was a character that could leave room for development, that was no accident.

I probably reblogged that gif set. 8DD I reblogged so many things. @_@

Huh, didn't think about that. I figured the zombies came from other places and just were summoned there by Dipper, but that's a really plausible theory, which is saying something because some fans of this show have the dumbest theories.

Okay, that's the only good theory I've heard about the tapestry so far and really just makes the most sense. It also means Pacifica is involved even more so. 8DDDDD

I was surprised as well, but after all that Dipper went through in the episode and actually making friends with a cute girl who may like him, I honestly can't blame him for wanting to take it a little easier. I also commented on someone's post on tumblr that Dipper may be a tad skeptical of McGucket still considering how senile the guy was. Oh and you probably saw this mentioned but it can't be an accident that the next episode airs in 21 days from the 16th. Well played Disney.

How could I forget to mention the bell and Pacifica's parents. That bell was pretty dang messed up but, the writer in me found the idea of it a pretty dang effective way to show how horrible her parents are and explain why Pacifica acts the way she does. Great way to show her in a better light. Still freaking disgusting and disturbing though to condition her like a freaking pet though. Poor girl. Dude her dad was a douche and Nathan Fillion showed that flawlessly. He had some great lines and delivery though.

I didn't even flirt with the idea of Pacifica being the Llama, I didn't think all that far into things in the show with the exception of that portal. I'm kinda hoping it's sorta like what Fringe did with alternate realities, like maybe Stan's trying to bring someone from another reality who might be dead or doesn't exist anymore. But back to Pacifica, I didn't know how it could ever relate her to now, but even before this episode I would've supported the idea over that stupid Lebam theory any day.

-highfives fellow shipper- You already know I kinda shipped Pacifica/Dipper before the episode but now it's like my OTP of the show. I dunno when I started liking the idea of them, but I had this thought that it would be cute that despite them hating each other she becomes nice and they start liking each other. And that's exactly what happened, only even better than I ever hoped for. They played off well with each other, had adorable moments, and it was like I was in shipper heaven.

Also the Mabel subplot while it was kinda typical had a great payoff and I think it made her plot totally worth it. Go Grenda!!

Offline quidditchchick

• Knockout!
« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2015, 06:04:03 AM »
Omg Grenda was so pretty in that episode, she was like the most elegant of the three. And I totally knew Marius would like her once Mabel and Candy decided to flirt without her, and he did! Probably because Grenda has that robust attitude like a strong German woman hehe x3

~Set by me~

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2015, 06:15:49 AM »
She really was, Mabel's dress was a bit too fluffy (I still liked it because it was so Mabel) and I don't understand what was up with Candy's hair, but Grenda's hair and dress were perfect. I however only figured out where that part of the plot was going after she flicked up his nose. It was pretty obvious by then so no cookie points for me. XD

Remember how Bill Cipher said one day everything would change? Well it's obvious he's talking about the whole apocalypse thing, but have you noticed that many things have changed already? Dipper's over Wendy, Robbie's with Tambry, The secret society of the blind eye is gone, Stan revealed he knew about the supernatural, Pacifica is no longer Mabel's Rival and even friends with Dipper, McGucket is gaining his sanity back, etc. Things are already changing and their gonna be important when everything eventually leads to a possible apocalypse.

CREDITS:

Forum coded by Seluna
Logo illustrations courtesy of terrik_zion and Seluna.
-----

Enjoy the site?
You can donate to help with hosting and maintenance costs!

-----

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:

The Korra Connection is an unofficial, non-profit fansite made by fans. It is in no way affiliated with Nickelodeon, Viacom, creators Bryan Konietzko and Michael Dante DiMartino or anything else related to the Avatar: The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra or related franchises. All ownership rights are respected by the staff of this site and no copyright infringement is intended.