Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter google youtube

Author Topic: Gravity Falls  (Read 5792 times)

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 214
  • I'm Fenix and don't you forget it!!
Gravity Falls
« on: August 03, 2013, 02:57:40 AM »
Because for some dumb reason there's not already a thread for this.

I don't know how many people watch, but I'm sure many are aware of Gravity Falls. It's probably the best show I think Disney Channel has ever had. And this is coming from someone who used to really like DC's tv shows. It's got top notch animation, comedy, action, and the best part is that it's all about mysteries and has tons of supernatural elements. It even has a killer theme song.

Basically it's about two twins, Mabel and Dipper Pines, who are forced to go live with their great uncle Stan in the quaint little Town of Gravity Falls, Oregon during the summer. Gravity Falls seems like a rather ordinary place despite the odd and bizarre folks who call it home. But as the twins are about to discover, there's actually a supernatural and mysterious side yet to be discovered, and Dipper and Mabel are bound to be pulled into it.

So the season just ended.
spoilers (click to show/hide)Man, what an episode. Giant Gideon robot, the gnomes are back, Soos' grandma likes to vacuum everything, Mabel's grappling hook actually comes in handy, Gideon got arrested, etc. Then there was the ending, I knew it! I know Stand had the first book! As to what that contraption is though, no idea. Kinda looked like some kinda futuristic or alien tech.

Anyways, super excited for season 2, I hope the wait isn't as look as LOK book 2.

« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 10:11:38 PM by Fenix »

Extraordinarily awesome sig by Zevinja!!

Offline GothicAngel

• Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 90
  • All roads lead to Rome, but we ain't goin' to Rome
Re: Gravity Falls
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2013, 02:54:08 AM »
Am I the only one who started spazzing over Gideon Rises? I missed the airing, but I saw it this morning for the first time.
I (quite literally) spent more than a few minutes staring at my laptop screen in shock afterwards. Mind blown.

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2013, 03:13:36 AM »
Oh definitely not, you should see Tumblr's reaction. They're going crazy!!

When they got to the ending I stood up and walked super close to the tv in anticipation. I kept chanting "I knew it, I knew it".

Offline GothicAngel

• Round 2!
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2013, 04:16:51 AM »
Yeah, I called parts of it from miles away.

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2013, 04:30:21 AM »
I mean how could you not guess that

(click to show/hide)Stan has the first volume. Seemed pretty obvious. What puts me through a loop though is that huge contraption. What could it be? It doesn't seem like Stan made it. Although I'm thinking he discovered it and built the shack above it to keep it away from anyone else. That or the building was already there and he purchased it and then discovered the secret room.

Offline GothicAngel

• Round 2!
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2013, 04:47:05 AM »

(click to show/hide)Stan has the first volume. Seemed pretty obvious. What puts me through a loop though is that huge contraption. What could it be? It doesn't seem like Stan made it. Although I'm thinking he discovered it and built the shack above it to keep it away from anyone else. That or the building was already there and he purchased it and then discovered the secret room.

spoilers (click to show/hide)I highly doubt that he purchased it...
It did have the symbol that's the same as his tattoo on the side, though.

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2013, 04:50:48 AM »

(click to show/hide)Why do you think he wouldn't have purchased it?

Yeah that was interesting. Wonder what's up with that.

Offline GothicAngel

• Round 2!
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2013, 04:54:29 AM »

spoiler (click to show/hide)He claims that the main reason he lives in Gravity Falls is because it's the one place the cops haven't found him yet. Why do you think?

My sister suspects that there's some sort of secret society in the town or something, and that's their symbol.
I'm still intrigued about what Bill has against Stan. Can't wait to see what happened in their previous encounter. Or if Bill shows up again. I really love Bill. Liar monster snappy dresser...

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2013, 05:09:59 AM »

spoiler (click to show/hide)He claims that the main reason he lives in Gravity Falls is because it's the one place the cops haven't found him yet. Why do you think?

My sister suspects that there's some sort of secret society in the town or something, and that's their symbol.
I'm still intrigued about what Bill has against Stan. Can't wait to see what happened in their previous encounter. Or if Bill shows up again. I really love Bill. Liar monster snappy dresser...

(click to show/hide)Even so wouldn't it be even more suspicious if one day some dude started living in someone else's house? While I believe he built it himself, I can still see him purchasing it.

Ah, I was thinking something along those lines as well. Although I'm not sure I could see any other resident in Gravity Falls being in a Secret Society.

Offline GothicAngel

• Round 2!
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2013, 05:16:39 AM »

(click to show/hide)Even so wouldn't it be even more suspicious if one day some dude started living in someone else's house? While I believe he built it himself, I can still see him purchasing it.

Ah, I was thinking something along those lines as well. Although I'm not sure I could see any other resident in Gravity Falls being in a Secret Society.

spoiler (click to show/hide)There's Soos. "The handyman knows more than he lets on", remember?

Offline kataang_is_love

• Airbending Guru
  • Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 21
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2013, 05:19:52 AM »
I missed the finale, but I'm excited to watch it as soon as I get home.

But seriously though, this show is freaking awesome.

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2013, 05:25:08 AM »

spoiler (click to show/hide)There's Soos. "The handyman knows more than he lets on", remember?

spoiler (click to show/hide)Unless it's Gideon's handyman!!! XD No but seriously, I forgot about that. Could be right. But he's the only one I can think of. There is a cryptogram that does say "There's a Secret Society in Gravity Falls" though.

Agh, this show is too good. The creator of the show went all out in the mystery department.

Offline GothicAngel

• Round 2!
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2013, 05:51:24 AM »

spoiler (click to show/hide)Unless it's Gideon's handyman!!! XD No but seriously, I forgot about that. Could be right. But he's the only one I can think of. There is a cryptogram that does say "There's a Secret Society in Gravity Falls" though.

Agh, this show is too good. The creator of the show went all out in the mystery department.

spoiler (click to show/hide)Yep!

I'm especially excited and sorta apprehensive about the cryptogram "Dipper is playing with fire.".
Dipper's my favourite. :3
Stan and Mabel are tied for second.

I know, right?!
I'm still surprised about the stuff they manage to get away with!

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2013, 05:58:59 AM »
(click to show/hide)Honestly I think the "Dipper is playing with fire" seems kinda obvious. Just means he's battling something so powerful by everything he's doing, it'll bite him in the bud later on.

Although Wendy isn't the most important character in the show, she can't help but be my favorite. She's just so cool. She's pretty much the teen I wanted to be when I myself was a teen.

I know. All the dark themes and jokes almost make it hard to believe that it is a Disney show.

Offline GothicAngel

• Round 2!
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2013, 06:04:16 AM »
le spoiler (click to show/hide)I know. But I can't help but feel kind of curious.

Bill needs to show up again. He really needs to.

Fun fact: In The Deep End, when Stan says "Blind the child!", originally he was supposed to say "Burn the child!". But, Disney being Disney, that was scrapped. So they changed the phrase to what it is now at the last minute and aired it before Disney had a chance to notice.

I can relate to Wendy so much. I just can. I kinda act like her in real life.

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2013, 06:17:14 AM »
(click to show/hide)Oh I'm sure he'll show up sometime, Bill is too much of a good villain to be scrapped.

Oh yeah, I remember hearing about that. "Blind the child" sounds much funnier anyways.

So what supernatural/bizarre stuff do you think season 2 will tackle? They've done gnomes, sea monsters, Gideon, ghosts, Manotaurs, clones twice, creepy Halloween dude, size changing, time travel, video games, mermaids, bottomless pit, body switching, possessed pinball machine, voice changer, truth thingy, dinosaurs, man frozen in weird substance, invading the mind, cursed statues, and giant robots.

I'm hoping for invading dreams, another plot Bill could be involved in. Also maybe aliens, but that might be a bit out there even for GF, although it depends on how it's handled. We need a zombie plot, I mean it was seriously teased in the first episode so I've been wanting it.

Offline GothicAngel

• Round 2!
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2013, 06:20:38 AM »
I'm betting money on zombies at some point. They keep going on about them, but we never actually see one.
Gideon's gonna make a reappearance. I'm calling that one.

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2013, 06:24:16 AM »
And vampires too, they've talked about them a few times as well.

I still think that Robbie is a zombie.

Oh totally, Gideon's not only important but he's also too interesting to forget about.

Offline GothicAngel

• Round 2!
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2013, 06:27:34 AM »
Definitely vampires.

I think Robbie's gonna end up figuring out how to summon zombies, and accidently starting a mini-apocalypse.

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2013, 06:31:00 AM »
I kinda hope so, I really don't like Robbie, and it's not just because I kinda ship Dipper/Wendy. He's just a huge creep. It would be great if he does something bad that Dipper and Mabel will have to stop.

CREDITS:

Forum coded by Seluna
Logo illustrations courtesy of terrik_zion and Seluna.
-----

Enjoy the site?
You can donate to help with hosting and maintenance costs!

-----

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:

The Korra Connection is an unofficial, non-profit fansite made by fans. It is in no way affiliated with Nickelodeon, Viacom, creators Bryan Konietzko and Michael Dante DiMartino or anything else related to the Avatar: The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra or related franchises. All ownership rights are respected by the staff of this site and no copyright infringement is intended.