Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter google youtube

Author Topic: Episode 316: The Southern Raiders  (Read 584 times)

Offline Lionheart

• Task Force
  • Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 52
  • Taking out the dregs of humanity since 1917.
    • My FF.net
Episode 316: The Southern Raiders
« on: July 31, 2013, 10:44:41 PM »
Okay, another one I'm doing before Doug puts in his two cents on it. The setting is great. Katara needed to resolve this demon of the past both literal and metaphoric. However, I didn't like her attitude at all. Zuko just put his ass on the line to save her father. At any moment he could have given Sokka away and she would've lost her entire family for good but Zuko remained true to the Gaang. This should have been more than enough proof for Katara that Zuko had reformed and should have accepted him as a friend. The whole field trip could have been done just as effectively without her still being bitter at Zuko. Also, Katara telling Sokka that he didn't love Kya like she did was really uncalled for. Actually, now that I think about it, it really isn't a bad thing from a writing perspective. It's one of the many times where it shows the good guys aren't perfect. That they can "cross the line" and you can say "Wtf is the matter you?" at times.

Honorable mention: The tent scene XD
Set by Waterlady

Offline Secrets

• feathered and lethal
  • Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 73
Re: Episode 316: The Southern Raiders
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2013, 01:26:15 AM »
Zuko kinda bothered me in this episode, but only just a smidge. After all, he did this was because "he cared about what Katara thought of him." I know he was just trying to make amends, but that was something that irked me in this episode. It hints that he did this only to change Katara's opinion of him rather than showing that he truly cares about her emotions linked to her mother's death. In some ways, it's true. But I do also think Zuko honestly cared about Katara in this episode and wanted her to face the past, it's just that his dialogue conveyed selfishness.

I do wish Katara was a little less harsh on Zuko, especially after what he did for her in TBR. However, Katara was not there and did not know the lengths of Zuko's involvement in rescuing her father. She does not understand what Zuko did, after all, Sokka could have dragged Zuko into it for all she knows.

CREDITS:

Forum coded by Seluna
Logo illustrations courtesy of terrik_zion and Seluna.
-----

Enjoy the site?
You can donate to help with hosting and maintenance costs!

-----

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:

The Korra Connection is an unofficial, non-profit fansite made by fans. It is in no way affiliated with Nickelodeon, Viacom, creators Bryan Konietzko and Michael Dante DiMartino or anything else related to the Avatar: The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra or related franchises. All ownership rights are respected by the staff of this site and no copyright infringement is intended.