Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter google youtube

Author Topic: Episodes 314/315: The Boiling Rock  (Read 551 times)

Offline Lionheart

• Task Force
  • Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 52
  • Taking out the dregs of humanity since 1917.
    • My FF.net
Episodes 314/315: The Boiling Rock
« on: July 31, 2013, 10:35:47 PM »
Great two-parter here. Really satisfies both the Maiko and Sukka shipper in me plus an epic climax. The Sukka reunion was really touching and the look Mai and Zuko shared after he locked her in the interrogation cell was some very good writing. I agree with DW that it basically said "I have feelings for you but I've chosen my side". And for the betrayal of Azula, that really catches you (and her) off guard. You know she's really hurt and angry about this, especially with Mai's "I love Zuko more than I fear you". Here is a person who's used fear and intimidation to control nearly everyone around her. Nobody questioned her authority or ability to kill you at will and boom, this happens. You can tell right away that this will make Azula deteriorate mentally.
Set by Waterlady

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 214
  • I'm Fenix and don't you forget it!!
Re: Episodes 314/315: The Boiling Rock
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2013, 10:48:15 PM »
I think out of all the episodes that these two are my absolute favorites. Fantastic action, pacing, dialogue, etc. And the whole betrayal of Azula as you mentioned was just so intense and powerful. Mai was probably my favorite in the episode. Her "I love Zuko more than I fear you". line just gets me every time. Some fantastic acting from her VA right there.

Extraordinarily awesome sig by Zevinja!!

CREDITS:

Forum coded by Seluna
Logo illustrations courtesy of terrik_zion and Seluna.
-----

Enjoy the site?
You can donate to help with hosting and maintenance costs!

-----

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:

The Korra Connection is an unofficial, non-profit fansite made by fans. It is in no way affiliated with Nickelodeon, Viacom, creators Bryan Konietzko and Michael Dante DiMartino or anything else related to the Avatar: The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra or related franchises. All ownership rights are respected by the staff of this site and no copyright infringement is intended.