Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter google youtube

Author Topic: 101-Welcome to Republic City  (Read 3141 times)

Offline Cassidy Alice

• "Laughter's the best medicine!"
  • Task Force
  • Winner!
  • Championship Pot: 262
    • Cassidy's Fanfiction
Re: 101-Welcome to Republic City
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2013, 08:35:05 PM »
And chariots, heehee! But a chariot would hardly pose a threat to something like a Fire Nation tank. XD

Set from tumblr. © Respective owners
Fanfiction | FictionPress | Tumblr | dA

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 214
  • I'm Fenix and don't you forget it!!
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2013, 08:42:03 PM »
True, although the chariots died out after awhile in China. Their main mode of transportation were a type of carriage I believe.

Extraordinarily awesome sig by Zevinja!!

Offline Cassidy Alice

• Task Force
  • Winner!
    • Cassidy's Fanfiction
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2013, 09:23:25 PM »
Chariots lasted a while in India, I believe...or so our myths/legends say. I wasn't around to confirm it, heehee! But, regardless, neither one of them would've held up against FN tank. XDD

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 214
  • I'm Fenix and don't you forget it!!
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2013, 09:25:52 PM »
Yeah but I'm talking about China and Japan for example.

Extraordinarily awesome sig by Zevinja!!

Offline Cassidy Alice

• Task Force
  • Winner!
    • Cassidy's Fanfiction
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2013, 09:30:28 PM »
Oh! Well, I just assumed China, Japan, and India, since ATLA and LoK drew from their culture...moreso from the first two than the latter. But either way, I still agree with your original point. ^_^

Offline Waterbender16

• Pro-bending Fan
  • Championship Pot: 5
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2015, 06:37:38 PM »
A great introduction to a great show!! Loved every moment of it!
All hands up for lovingOn the Lam"!! :D

Offline Die.Toets

• Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 13
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2015, 10:20:34 PM »
Korra and this episode didn't catch my attention to want more of this show. But I do respect those that love it.

Offline wherewulf

• Councilman wherewulf / Moderator
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 130
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2017, 01:18:42 AM »
I thought I'd go back and do a rewatch.  Now that the show's over and all (or at least most) of Mike and Bryan's pieces are out on the board, it's fun to go back and watch it again five years later.  Fun, and sad.

When Pema is talking toward the beginning of the episode about wanting a normal child and not another Airbender, the way she looks reminds me a lot of the way Berkeley Breathed drew his "Bloom County' strip, especially when Pema's in profile.  I wonder if Mike and Bryan intended that.  :D

Katara's voice here is still strong; her bearing is still strong, her influence among the White Lotus is self-evidently strong.  She is a Master among them.  When she said "It's time for you and your generation to take on the responsibility of keeping peace and balance in the world" to Korra, I accepted that when I first saw the show because, well, Korra's the star, but I have to wonder why Katara is okay with being so hands off now.  Maybe Katara's looking forward to retirement... maybe something else.  There's a story lurking there.

I also think there's a fanfic lurking in the story behind how Korra kept Naga and herself fed and hidden on board ship on the way to Republic City--and on board more than one ship, I'll bet.

Also, in the scene where Korra opposed those toughs from the Triple Threat Triad, it makes me wonder who at the South Pole told her what about what the role of the Avatar is supposed to be.  Aang never behaved like a superhero, but that’s exactly what Korra just did.  Of course, from age five Korra was “the Avatar, and you gotta deal with it!”  Maybe her parents had some input there.  Or maybe she figured Aang's role needed a superhero's cape.  As such.

And chariots, heehee! But a chariot would hardly pose a threat to something like a Fire Nation tank. XD

Depends on who''s riding in the chariot, I think.  XD

CREDITS:

Forum coded by Seluna
Logo illustrations courtesy of terrik_zion and Seluna.
-----

Enjoy the site?
You can donate to help with hosting and maintenance costs!

-----

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:

The Korra Connection is an unofficial, non-profit fansite made by fans. It is in no way affiliated with Nickelodeon, Viacom, creators Bryan Konietzko and Michael Dante DiMartino or anything else related to the Avatar: The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra or related franchises. All ownership rights are respected by the staff of this site and no copyright infringement is intended.