Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter google youtube

Author Topic: The Return of the Best X-Man Ever  (Read 718 times)

Offline Nightcrawler

• Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 52
  • sig via tumblr, icon by delanynder
The Return of the Best X-Man Ever
« on: July 22, 2013, 03:02:56 AM »
So, today at San Diego comic con, a new X-Men series will hit the shelves in October or November after the X-Men Battle of the Atom event. The title of the series is Amazing X-Men. The story line of it? Wolverine searches all corners of the universe in search of none other than Nightcrawler.

Back in 2010, Nightcrawler was supposedly killed by Bastion during the event Second Coming. It was the darkest day for me. But today is the greatest ever!

From the looks of it, Storm, Iceman, Firestar, Beast, and Northstar will be along side Wolverine. And it looks like Nightcrawler's father Azazel is apart of it.

Article: http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/07/21/comic-con-nightcrawler-returns-in-amazing-x-men-1

(So, I'm sure not a lot of people will pay much attention to this, but this is extremely important and exciting for me and I just had to share it with someone. I literally spazzed about this for five minutes in my room. xD)
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 03:06:21 AM by Nightcrawler »

Everyone's story begins once upon a time...and it's up to us to cherish the time we're given to ensure we live happily ever after.

Offline Spruce

• They don't think it be like it is...
  • Chi Blocker
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 150
  • ...but it do
Re: The Return of the Best X-Man Ever
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2013, 03:09:12 AM »
WHAT

Dude, high five! (click to show/hide)

You know I was almost as upset as you were about them killing off Kurt, and now like all great comic book heroes he is returning! And not just returning, he's doing it in a new series involving copious amounts of Wolverine, Storm, and Beast! You know, X-Men I still actually like. And not ones that shall not be named because I despise them, you of all people know the ones. Oh, and I like Firestorm too. Instant pull-list addition, no questions asked nor try-out needed.

Now all we need is for Colossus to be cool again and reunite the bromance trio of the good old days!

And also for X-23 to not die in her current book. And also for Gambit to not die in his excellent solo series. Then pool them, the trio, and Storm and Beast into one team, and I'll be happy with X-Men comics again. This is a good start.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 03:13:47 AM by Spruce »
The best posts I ever made were the ones I didn't make.

Offline Nightcrawler

• Round 2!
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2013, 03:36:19 AM »
YEAH

*FIVES BACK*

I know! I'm extremely happy with the roster as well, Iceman included! Well yeah, I agree. XDX Yeah, Firestar is a nice addition, I haven't seen her in anything for awhile actually. I think since Spider Island when she made a small appearance.

Haha, yeah! I was bummed when Kitty dumped him. I haven't read Cable & X-Force at all, so I'm not too sure how he is doing at the moment. He's probably worse than he was before Kitty came back from her bullet.

I haven't been caught up with X-23 and Gambit at all lately. They are both supposed to die? They can't kill them! Yeah, that would be a great team! I'd for sure read it.

Everyone's story begins once upon a time...and it's up to us to cherish the time we're given to ensure we live happily ever after.

Offline Chaos

• cha0tic entity
  • Chi Blocker
  • Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 27
  • expect n0thing and everything.
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2013, 04:21:14 AM »
think i'm gonna start getting comic books again cause of this.

cha02 has n0 name, n0 place, n0 gender......cha02 is n0thing and everything - unpredictable

Offline Spruce

• Chi Blocker
  • Knockout!
  • ...but it do
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2013, 10:24:34 AM »
Yes! Join us Chaos!

I haven't read any Cable/X-Force either, I just heard some crap about Kitty dumping him and him becoming Juggernaut and ughhhh this is why we can't have nice things...

X-23 is currently captive with a bunch of other young heroes, in the middle of a deathmatch. Arcade's doing, he finally got tough.

Gambit is doing fine, just going on thieving shenanigans (and I think he's about to fully break off from the Jean Grey Academy folks and be independent again).

Offline Nightcrawler

• Round 2!
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2013, 03:46:53 PM »
Join us Chaos! We always love having more people to chat with!

Is this Avengers Arena? Wow, I didn't think he was still around. XD And about time he did get tough, I mean really.

Ah, okay. That means I probably won't see him in any X series then for awhile.

Offline Spruce

• Chi Blocker
  • Knockout!
  • ...but it do
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2013, 08:46:18 PM »
Yup, Avengers Arena. Cool concept, but very "Expensive" from the standpoint of killing off young characters with so much potential.

Dude, his solo series beats the brakes off any current X-series. Much better use of your comic dollars/time :D.

Offline Nightcrawler

• Round 2!
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2013, 03:18:58 PM »
Well, that's not very cool! I just don't understand Marvel. They kill off characters only to bring them back in the future anyways. That is a cool concept though, it seems. But yeah.

I'll have to give it a try then when I next go to the comic book store. I was just there on Sunday. xD
<< Post Merge: July 23, 2013, 04:04:19 PM >>

Spruce, I didn't know if you new this, but there is a new New X-Men series coming out in September!

(click to show/hide)

Wait... Nevermind. It was fake announcement, unfortunately. D:
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 04:06:14 PM by Nightcrawler »

Offline Spruce

• Chi Blocker
  • Knockout!
  • ...but it do
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2013, 09:21:29 PM »
I was gonna say, "how the heck is Laura in this one?" XD.

Offline Nightcrawler

• Round 2!
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2013, 06:16:52 PM »
Yeah, I got too excited too fast... XD

CREDITS:

Forum coded by Seluna
Logo illustrations courtesy of terrik_zion and Seluna.
-----

Enjoy the site?
You can donate to help with hosting and maintenance costs!

-----

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:

The Korra Connection is an unofficial, non-profit fansite made by fans. It is in no way affiliated with Nickelodeon, Viacom, creators Bryan Konietzko and Michael Dante DiMartino or anything else related to the Avatar: The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra or related franchises. All ownership rights are respected by the staff of this site and no copyright infringement is intended.