Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter google youtube

Author Topic: First episode of Book 2 to be shown at SDCC!  (Read 3697 times)

Offline Free_Spirit

• Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 71
  • Freespirit81 on deviantART. ;)
    • Free_Spirit's Art
Re: First episode of Book 2 to be shown at SDCC!
« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2013, 03:52:31 AM »
I'm gonna say it again : Seluna, you are SO lucky that you'll be there! Have fun, and please try to tape the 1st episode for us (it's title is "Rebel Spirit")! The trailer,too!

By the way, I just found out that the Nickelodeon booth will have both Pabu and Naga plushies!!!!!! I just hope that they'll be available at Nickelodeon Universe's store! :D

https://twitter.com/gaangster/statuses/357674852200624130
"We're all connected. Everything is connected."
(Avatar Aang)

Offline Seluna

• The Amon-istrator :|
  • Administrator
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 162
  • "Noatak-in' back!"
« Reply #41 on: July 18, 2013, 03:57:11 AM »
I'll do my best to GET IN to this event. I'm seeing more and more things that make me worry about getting a spot. I may live in SD, but unlike so many others who are here on vacation - my schedule is TIGHT. I still have to work Thursday... so in addition to having to go pick up my freaking badge on Friday morning, I'll also have to make sure I'm in line on time! And then hope I get in after that.  *sighs and crosses fingers* If only I had more prep time...

Offline divsalley

• Fire Sage Divs
  • Councilwoman Divs / Global Moderator
  • Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 85
  • Haters gonna Hate. :P
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #42 on: July 18, 2013, 03:57:21 AM »
SO MUCH WANT FOR NAGA AND PABU PLUSHIES

My Keeps (click to show/hide)
LoK Keeps (click to show/hide)Korra and Naga's Friendship
Korra's Sass
Mako's Seriousness
Mako's Scarf
The Finale Makorra Hug and Twirl

ATLA Keeps (click to show/hide)Zuko's Destiny
Zuko's Finale Speech
Zuko's Honor
Zuko's Inner Fire
Zuko's Speech to Ozai in DoBS

Offline divsalley

• Fire Sage Divs
  • Councilwoman Divs / Global Moderator
  • Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 85
  • Haters gonna Hate. :P
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #43 on: July 18, 2013, 03:58:09 AM »
I'll do my best to GET IN to this event. I'm seeing more and more things that make me worry about getting a spot. I may live in SD, but unlike so many others who are here on vacation - my schedule is TIGHT. I still have to work Thursday... so in addition to having to go pick up my freaking badge on Friday morning, I'll also have to make sure I'm in line on time! And then hope I get in after that.  *sighs and crosses fingers* If only I had more prep time...
*hugs* you'll make it. Keep us posted! XD

My Keeps (click to show/hide)
LoK Keeps (click to show/hide)Korra and Naga's Friendship
Korra's Sass
Mako's Seriousness
Mako's Scarf
The Finale Makorra Hug and Twirl

ATLA Keeps (click to show/hide)Zuko's Destiny
Zuko's Finale Speech
Zuko's Honor
Zuko's Inner Fire
Zuko's Speech to Ozai in DoBS

Offline Seluna

• Administrator
  • Knockout!
  • "Noatak-in' back!"
« Reply #44 on: July 18, 2013, 04:01:15 AM »
San Diegan natives are always a little testy when it comes to tourists getting pretty much all the stuff before us - even tickets since we can no longer drive over to the convention halls ourselves to reserve them. In our own freaking city. XD Many years ago, con didn't used to be like this - if you took away all the non-related comic and animation stuff, it was a lot smaller and more on target for the name, especially. We remember then as "the good old days." Having all the non-comic/animation panels is nice, but it really creates a lot of unnecessary problems and traffic that just shouldn't be here. Separate all that into a "Media Con" I say. 

Offline Cassidy Alice

• "Laughter's the best medicine!"
  • Task Force
  • Winner!
  • Championship Pot: 262
    • Cassidy's Fanfiction
« Reply #45 on: July 18, 2013, 04:10:19 AM »
SO MUCH WANT FOR NAGA AND PABU PLUSHIES

YES!

*hugs* you'll make it. Keep us posted! XD

I think it's so incredibly wonderful of you to try and to pass us any info at all, so I really hope you do make it! ^_^

Set from tumblr. © Respective owners
Fanfiction | FictionPress | Tumblr | dA

Offline Seluna

• Administrator
  • Knockout!
  • "Noatak-in' back!"
« Reply #46 on: July 18, 2013, 08:03:31 AM »
I don’t think there’s any hope for me to pick up my badge AND get a spot in the Korra panel line for 11:15. Every single source I’m reading is pretty much telling me to admit defeat at this point… I’m seriously going to cry. There’s no other time I can pick up my badge and that day I have to go solo (Tristan is joining me for the weekend…) Any advice?

Offline Harley Quinn

• hi puddin'
  • Lightningbender
  • Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 56
  • Formerly JHZ
    • my own site yo
« Reply #47 on: July 18, 2013, 01:17:43 PM »
Any Avatar fan friends going who would be willing to hold you a spot in line? Also, how late are you working Thursday? You could try to swing by and pick it up at night.

lol I don't think people get how hard it is to go to SDCC anymore. To even get a badge you either have to go to the con itself already and try to get it there, work for a company going to the convention, have a really nice press job, know someone attending or working the show who can get you a badge, or be really really REALLY lucky when the few go up for sale online.  Or have an extra $1000 to get scalper tickets closer to the time. It went from being a fan con to a big Hollywood event. I remember going with my parents as a child over 10 years ago and it was a lot smaller and easier to get into. Now.... good luck.  It's not about living on the west coast or anything, it's about being lucky to begin with (or have a lot of money >_>;; )

Offline Seluna

• Administrator
  • Knockout!
  • "Noatak-in' back!"
« Reply #48 on: July 18, 2013, 05:22:35 PM »
Any Avatar fan friends going who would be willing to hold you a spot in line? Also, how late are you working Thursday? You could try to swing by and pick it up at night.

lol I don't think people get how hard it is to go to SDCC anymore. To even get a badge you either have to go to the con itself already and try to get it there, work for a company going to the convention, have a really nice press job, know someone attending or working the show who can get you a badge, or be really really REALLY lucky when the few go up for sale online.  Or have an extra $1000 to get scalper tickets closer to the time. It went from being a fan con to a big Hollywood event. I remember going with my parents as a child over 10 years ago and it was a lot smaller and easier to get into. Now.... good luck.  It's not about living on the west coast or anything, it's about being lucky to begin with (or have a lot of money >_>;; )

A lot of my friends here locally just aren't going this year - or if they are, only managed to get WEEKEND passes - which doesn't help me much Friday. (Like I mentioned before in a previous post, many of us native San Diegans are very frustrated about what SDCC has developed into - a MEDIA con rather than a place to celebrate comics and animation like before.)
And as for Avatar friends I've met through various communities? Most of them are crying the same song, "If only I could go to Comic-Con~" As for picking them up after work, badge pick up closes at 6 pm and I'm off at 7 - but will probably have to stay until 8 or later in the office to finish up work so I can take my three-day weekend. It's all very ironic. I'll still try to get into the show - but it's looking grim. The only time I can get the badge is on Friday morning.

And Harley's absolutely right. I've been attending Comic-Con pretty much all my life since it was a local affair - but in recent years, it's damn near IMPOSSIBLE to get in. The last ticket sale sold out in record time and each year more and more problems develop from the ever-increasing crowd. It's very frustrating to see something you could once be a part of change so dramatically - and more than that: shut you out entirely.

The camping trend has become the norm now, also. And from what I read about the X-files bunch waiting for the ballroom panel today, I sincerely doubt Friday will be any different. Sorry guys - I tried. I'll keep trying, but ... looks like I'll just have to spazz with the rest of you over tumblr goodness rather than report. But maybe I can get in touch with fans there to gage reactions and whatnot.

Offline NinjaKitty

• Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 58
    • My Facebook.
« Reply #49 on: July 18, 2013, 08:03:40 PM »
Makes me not miss San Diego. The tourists! Ugh.

Offline Glitch

• Caleb
  • Waterbending Healer
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 116
  • Appreciate every mistake your friends make.
« Reply #50 on: July 18, 2013, 09:42:24 PM »

A lot of my friends here locally just aren't going this year - or if they are, only managed to get WEEKEND passes - which doesn't help me much Friday. (Like I mentioned before in a previous post, many of us native San Diegans are very frustrated about what SDCC has developed into - a MEDIA con rather than a place to celebrate comics and animation like before.)
And as for Avatar friends I've met through various communities? Most of them are crying the same song, "If only I could go to Comic-Con~" As for picking them up after work, badge pick up closes at 6 pm and I'm off at 7 - but will probably have to stay until 8 or later in the office to finish up work so I can take my three-day weekend. It's all very ironic. I'll still try to get into the show - but it's looking grim. The only time I can get the badge is on Friday morning.

And Harley's absolutely right. I've been attending Comic-Con pretty much all my life since it was a local affair - but in recent years, it's damn near IMPOSSIBLE to get in. The last ticket sale sold out in record time and each year more and more problems develop from the ever-increasing crowd. It's very frustrating to see something you could once be a part of change so dramatically - and more than that: shut you out entirely.

The camping trend has become the norm now, also. And from what I read about the X-files bunch waiting for the ballroom panel today, I sincerely doubt Friday will be any different. Sorry guys - I tried. I'll keep trying, but ... looks like I'll just have to spazz with the rest of you over tumblr goodness rather than report. But maybe I can get in touch with fans there to gage reactions and whatnot.

This is really last-minute, but contact Teddy Blass, he's the guy who runs LastAirbenderFans.com and I would be willing to bet that he's there. Tell him you're a buddy of Glitch and see if he'll help you out. It may be a long shot but Teddy's a great guy and I was a major user on his forum and a chatroom mod back in his site's golden days, so we were pretty cool friends. He may help you out if you tell him I'm one of your right-hand-men. xD

Course, he could just not be there at all. We don't keep up much. d: I'll PM you some contact info.

CREDITS:

Forum coded by Seluna
Logo illustrations courtesy of terrik_zion and Seluna.
-----

Enjoy the site?
You can donate to help with hosting and maintenance costs!

-----

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:

The Korra Connection is an unofficial, non-profit fansite made by fans. It is in no way affiliated with Nickelodeon, Viacom, creators Bryan Konietzko and Michael Dante DiMartino or anything else related to the Avatar: The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra or related franchises. All ownership rights are respected by the staff of this site and no copyright infringement is intended.