Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter google youtube

Author Topic: Mafia! When Extremes Meet (GAME OVER... TOWN WINS)  (Read 37521 times)

Offline Glitch

• Caleb
  • Waterbending Healer
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 116
  • Appreciate every mistake your friends make.
Re: Mafia! When Extremes Meet (DAY FIVE)
« Reply #520 on: July 18, 2013, 05:09:20 AM »
"A big part of me is leaning towards Glitch...the potential chaos is attractive."
Lol glad to have been of service. XD

I would like to publicly make it known that despite it him not ending up as mafia, my charge against FRD was sincere and I truly believed everything I was saying. I knew we wouldn't be able to come to a conclusion between me and Colt, so I charged against the only suspicious person I could muster up in my head and tried to be as confident as I could. xD And I gotta say, despite his innocence doing me a big disservice, I enjoyed leading the charge hahaha. Good second game, a lot of great things I learned. Looking forward to the next game, and hoping I'm again a good-hearted townie. I like them. xD

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 214
  • I'm Fenix and don't you forget it!!
« Reply #521 on: July 18, 2013, 05:11:13 AM »
I'll say one thing. This didn't help me with mafia research at all. XDD

Extraordinarily awesome sig by Zevinja!!

Offline Glitch

• Caleb
  • Waterbending Healer
  • Knockout!
« Reply #522 on: July 18, 2013, 05:16:28 AM »
*confusled*
What didn't help? And what were you researching? THE mafia or the game of mafia? Lol sorry...

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
« Reply #523 on: July 18, 2013, 05:20:25 AM »
*confusled*
What didn't help? And what were you researching? THE mafia or the game of mafia? Lol sorry...

I'm making a joke because the first time I heard about this mafia game half the reason I wanted to play was I thought it might help with research. See, I'm writing a mafia vampire/werewolf story. Of course I learned by the first game that it wouldn't help with research at all.

Offline WinterStar

• Pro-bending Fan
  • Championship Pot: 9
« Reply #524 on: July 18, 2013, 06:24:57 AM »
Wait it ended...? That was fast. Oh well. That was an awesome game. By the way Zev, you did a great job hiding that you were the godfather, if you hadn't voted for rcox on the third day I wouldn't have been sure you were mafia - we would've tried to kill you for the heck of it :D And no Doctor? That's surprising, but makes a lot of sense. High-five, rcox,we almost won :D you were a great godfather.

Offline Zevinja

• Councilwoman Zevinja / Moderator
  • Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 68
  • Do the thing!
« Reply #525 on: July 18, 2013, 08:12:06 AM »
I missed so much while I was at work! o.o;  But ok here we go I'll respond to everyone!

First off, I didn't know until the very end that the QT would be posted publicly...so I'll apologize for anything bad I might have said?  Otherwise, enjoy my stupidity xD

Quote (selected)
I've got a pretty big role...went from a townie to the head of the damn mafia. This could be really bad, seeing as I'm still slightly confused on what I do. But I'm just going to pretend I know what I'm doing. Cool? Cool.

Oh Zev, that's so you. XDD

Haha yup that about sums up my entire game.  I hadn't the slightest idea how to play a godfather role, so I was just enjoying the ride, testing limits, etc etc.

Wow, Zev, you talked to TBP a lot. xD

Story of my life...I can't help it, I love pestering him, and it was especially fun when he was Mr. Serious Mod Guy :P

I gotta ask Zev. You suspected me for a little bit. Mostly cuz I wasn't active in the thread and because Mako could be a dodgy. But what exactly did I do to go off your radar? Seriously I've been wondering why I was never once suspected except from Guy. I mean I was town, but I never really had to defend myself at all.

What guy said...it was a lie.

Well, originally the mafias were going to be rcox and glitch, and guy and WS. But when Glitch said he didn't want to be mafia (in the thread) and Zev said she wanted to be, I rearranged it.

And here I thought it was because you BELIEVED in me!  But aww...thanks :)  I had fun with it even though my partner died the first night >:/

I gotta say that Zev and Winterstar were both hard to take down as scum. I tried to stick to my guns but believe me, you guys DID have me doubting myself for a second.

Really?  I thought I was boned the second you started saying you were suspicious...and then when you straight up said "you're mafia" I was just like YUP I'M DONE.

Quote (selected)
"A big part of me is leaning towards Glitch...the potential chaos is attractive."
Lol glad to have been of service. XD

You were all over the place, man...

By the way Zev, you did a great job hiding that you were the godfather, if you hadn't voted for rcox on the third day I wouldn't have been sure you were mafia - we would've tried to kill you for the heck of it :D

That surprises me.  Seriously.  Like I thought my vote for rcox completely gave it away, which was partially intentional...I was almost positive I was going to be lynched that day, and once it was made clear that I was Tarrlock (who knew after the 2nd night that rcox was Amon) that it would be clear why I made that random vote.  It was a desperate moment where, like I said, I thought I was as good as dead anyway, and I thought "Welp, if I'm not winning, neither is the other mafia! >:)"  I'm honestly surprised Blu didn't pick up on it, since he mentioned that strategy before I died.

I c o n s     b y     m y     S e c r e t     S a n t a !

Offline TemporalShenanigans

• Queen of Gibberish
  • Airbending Guru
  • Pro-bending Fan
  • Championship Pot: 7
« Reply #526 on: July 18, 2013, 08:33:30 AM »
I just regret that I wasn't that active this game.

I had been meaning to, but then I suddenly had a lot of stuff to run and do and I sort of ran out of time in the day to do all these things. I honestly could have done a lot more than I did, but I'm not ashamed of anything I DID do, which is good, at least.

R, to be honest, the reason why I suspected you of being the other Godfather I think was how nonchalant you were about Zev's vote for you - normally you flip out a bit when people accuse you (and it's justifiable, believe me) and so to see you react with such calm was... jarring? XD There was something else pretty off about you, too, but I still can't really put my finger on it.

And Soap, good job with your cop stuff. You played a wonderful game and have kept this family's good name alive. 8) (Also I see the "shadowing Grieves" thing must run in the family)

I wish I had gotten a power role, honestly - would have at least given me a motive to try harder to keep up every day instead of just letting them pass me by, haha.

Offline Zevinja

• Round 2!
  • Do the thing!
« Reply #527 on: July 18, 2013, 09:11:35 AM »
Finally read through the other QT.

Rcox, I'm a chick.  :|

Offline Blu

• Task Force
  • Knockout!
« Reply #528 on: July 18, 2013, 12:21:40 PM »
I gotta say that Zev and Winterstar were both hard to take down as scum. I tried to stick to my guns but believe me, you guys DID have me doubting myself for a second.

Really?  I thought I was boned the second you started saying you were suspicious...and then when you straight up said "you're mafia" I was just like YUP I'M DONE.

Wellll, like I say: I try to stick to my guns. A bit of bluster never hurt anyone in mafia xD

Like I thought my vote for rcox completely gave it away, which was partially intentional...I was almost positive I was going to be lynched that day, and once it was made clear that I was Tarrlock (who knew after the 2nd night that rcox was Amon) that it would be clear why I made that random vote.  It was a desperate moment where, like I said, I thought I was as good as dead anyway, and I thought "Welp, if I'm not winning, neither is the other mafia! >:)"  I'm honestly surprised Blu didn't pick up on it, since he mentioned that strategy before I died.

Its not really a hard and fast rule that mafia would necessarily have that attitude toward other mafia though, I suppose. If I put too much emphasis on that vote when making my decision I think I could have reasoned it both ways.

(Also I see the "shadowing Grieves" thing must run in the family)

Lol I know right
<< Post Merge: July 18, 2013, 12:23:25 PM >>

I hope you guys got more of a feel for how the game works this time around. I know last game there was a lot of confusion and Av basically thought it was all nonsense. But I think this game showed that there IS info to be gained, and that placing votes, getting people to talk, and making lynches will give you stuff to work from.

Also its amusing just how many names I go by throughout the QTs O.o
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 12:23:25 PM by Blupac Shakur »

Offline Glitch

• Caleb
  • Waterbending Healer
  • Knockout!
« Reply #529 on: July 18, 2013, 03:19:50 PM »
@Zev: happy to admit I didn't play the best, but I'm curious how I was all over the place? I mainly just proposed my ideas and defended myself. Well, and cowboy, lol.

But unlike temp said, I am not exactly proud of how I played but I'd rather have a good time and learn while looking newbish than a boring time not learning and plying safe. Lol.

Offline Zevinja

• Round 2!
  • Do the thing!
« Reply #530 on: July 18, 2013, 07:20:44 PM »
Quote (selected)
Its not really a hard and fast rule that mafia would necessarily have that attitude toward other mafia though, I suppose. If I put too much emphasis on that vote when making my decision I think I could have reasoned it both ways.

I did try to kill him twice in the night, even though I knew there was a good chance he was 100% bulletproof and not just the one time.

Guess my intentions were not quite as blatantly obvious as I felt like they were.

Offline The Banished Prince

• Metalbender
  • Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 53
Re: Mafia! When Extremes Meet (GAME OVER... TOWN WINS)
« Reply #531 on: July 18, 2013, 10:22:33 PM »
I wish I had gotten a power role, honestly - would have at least given me a motive to try harder to keep up every day instead of just letting them pass me by, haha.

I had thought about making you and Ryan mafia together, but ultimately decided against it. I wanted 2 (strictly) TKCers to have mafia roles and didn't want to pair them together.

And here I thought it was because you BELIEVED in me!  But aww...thanks :)  I had fun with it even though my partner died the first night >:/

I honestly thought you'd be better at accusing people than defending yourself, but you've changed my mind. I'm glad you had fun.

And I thought, and still think, Glitch could be really dangerous as a mafia member.

@Zev: happy to admit I didn't play the best, but I'm curious how I was all over the place? I mainly just proposed my ideas and defended myself. Well, and cowboy, lol.

You defended yourself and Cowboy really well, IMO, but doing so ended up costing you your life. I don't think you played poorly at all. I actually have a higher opinion of your game now than I did after the last. You're just still new and raw, you're going to have to make mistakes and learn from them. But don't worry, that's part of the game. In the second game I've ever played, I ended up dying for coming to someone's defense too.

I hope you guys got more of a feel for how the game works this time around. I know last game there was a lot of confusion and Av basically thought it was all nonsense. But I think this game showed that there IS info to be gained, and that placing votes, getting people to talk, and making lynches will give you stuff to work from.

Just by how much more fluid this game was, I think it's obvious people got a better feel for how mafia should be played. I just hope everyone had fun.
<< Post Merge: July 18, 2013, 10:23:45 PM >>

Also, it probably won't stay there, but this game made it to the top 10 threads by replies on TKC in under 2 weeks. That's pretty cool.

Let go your earthly tether. Enter the void. Empty and become wind.

Offline Glitch

• Caleb
  • Waterbending Healer
  • Knockout!
« Reply #532 on: July 21, 2013, 04:13:41 PM »
*cough* when are we gettin this rolling? ;)

Offline The Banished Prince

• Metalbender
  • Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 53
« Reply #533 on: July 21, 2013, 04:27:39 PM »
Get what rolling?

Cowboy:

You are Lightning Bolt Zolt. Being the known leader of the nefarious Triple Threat Triads, you are Hated Townie. As such, it takes 1 less vote to lynch you than stated in the vote count.

Win condition: As a townie, you win when all scum has been eliminated.

Soap:

You are former Chief of Police, Lin Beifong. (That lady is my hero!) You may have thrown down your badge, but you are still a Cop at heart. As such, you can investigate one player of your choosing each Night. To do so, PM me your choice in a timely manner, and I will message you back your results before the next day begins.

Win Condition: You are sided with the town, and win when all scum has been eliminated.

rcox:

You are Amon, mysterious leader of the radical Equalists. You believe nothing good as ever come from the ability to bend the elements, so you wish to remove from the world completely. One bender at a time. Starting with Republic City.

As Mafia Godfather, you have Investigative Immunity. Once per Night, you also have to ability to equalize (kill) one player. To do so, either PM me your choice in a timely manner, or leave your choince in The Equalist Hideout (where you can also discuss the game with your teammate).

In addition, you are also Bulletproof. This means you cannot be killed in the Night.

Win condition: You are sided with the mafia, and win when the Equalists make up greater than or equal to 50% of he town.

Asami Sato is a safe claim that you can either use for yourself, or share with your teammate.

Fe:

You are Mako, one of The Fabulous Bending Brothers, and former Fire Ferrets team captain. Your dreams of long career in pro bending have been all but crushed after the attack on the arena.

Win Condition: As a Vanilla Townie, you are sided with the town, and win when all scum have been eliminated.

TS:

You are Councilman Tenzin, son of Avatar Aang, and the sole living Airbending Master in the world. It is your destiny to teach the new Avatar, Korra, how to airbend, so that she can restore balance to Republic City and preserve your father's legacy.

Win Condition: As a Vanilla Townie, you are sided with the town and win when all scum has been eliminated.

Arc:

You are Jinora. Daughter of Councilman Tenzin, and quite a powerful airbender in your own right.

Win Condition: As a Vanilla Townie, you are sided with the town, and win when all scum has been eliminated.

Glitch:

You are Tahno, former captain of the probending team The Wolfbats. You are extremely arrogant, but you have the waterbending skills to back it up. You aren't beyond playing dirty, if need be.

Win Condition: As a Vanilla Townie, you are sided with the town, and win when all scum has been eliminated.

FRD:

You are General Iroh (II), grandson of former Fire Lord Zuko, and a General in the United Forces. You have come to Republic City to aid Avatar Korra restore peace and balance.

Win Condition: As a Vanilla Townie, you are sided with the town and win when all scum has been eliminated.

Zev:

You are Councilman Tarrlok. You strive to achieve ultimate political power in Republic City, and become "its savior." You are willing to take out anyone who stands in your way, and have founded your own Task Force in order to help you do so.

As Mafia Godfather, you have Investigative Immunity. Once per night, you also have the ability to arrest (Kill) one player. To do so, either PM me your choice in a timely manner, or leave your choice in the Task Force Headquarters (where you can also discuss the game and strategize with your teammate).

In addition you are also a Bomb. This means that if anyone kills you during the Night, they will die as well.

Win Condition: You are sided with the mafia, and win when the Task Force makes up greater than or equal to 50% of the town.

Bolin is a Safe Claim that you can either use for yourself, or share with your teammate.

WS:

You are Amon's Lieutenant, second in command of the radical group known as the Equalists. You use your incredible martial arts and electrified batons to help Amon take down the oppressive bending establishment in Republic City.

Win Condition: As a Mafia Goon, you are sided with the mafia, and win when the Equalists make up greater than or equal to 50% of the town.

You may discuss the game and strategize with your teammate at the Equalist Hideout.

Guy:

You are Republic City's newly appointed Chief of Police, Chief Saikhan. You are also 2nd in command of Tarrlok's Task Force. You know these are positions mostly in title, but you don't mind being Tarrlok's Goon.

Win Conditions: You are sided with the mafia, and win when the Task Force make up greater than or equal to 50% of the town.

You may discuss the game a strategize with your teammate in the Task Force Headquarters.

Blu:

You are Avatar Korra. For too long, the world has been kept hidden from you. But it is now time for you to fulfill your destiny. And you must start by restoring balance to Republic City.

You are 1-shot Bulletproof. The first time someone attempts to kill you in the Night, your defense mechanism, The Avatar State, will kick in and their attack will be thwarted.

Win Condition: You are sided with the Town, and win when all scum has been eliminated.

Let go your earthly tether. Enter the void. Empty and become wind.

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
« Reply #534 on: July 21, 2013, 10:45:00 PM »
Okay, I finally get what Safe Claim means.

CREDITS:

Forum coded by Seluna
Logo illustrations courtesy of terrik_zion and Seluna.
-----

Enjoy the site?
You can donate to help with hosting and maintenance costs!

-----

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:

The Korra Connection is an unofficial, non-profit fansite made by fans. It is in no way affiliated with Nickelodeon, Viacom, creators Bryan Konietzko and Michael Dante DiMartino or anything else related to the Avatar: The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra or related franchises. All ownership rights are respected by the staff of this site and no copyright infringement is intended.