Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter google youtube

Author Topic: Episode 207: Zuko Alone  (Read 1088 times)

Offline Lionheart

• Task Force
  • Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 52
  • Taking out the dregs of humanity since 1917.
    • My FF.net
Episode 207: Zuko Alone
« on: July 01, 2013, 10:53:32 PM »
Anything that develops Zuko as a character is already on my favorite episode list. I have to agree with Doug about Lee's reaction after finding who Zuko was. It would have been stronger to have him confused about the whole thing. Also, he brought up an interesting point: the gifts Iroh sent. I didn't think they meant much but the idea of the knife teaching Zuko to be assertive and the doll being a device to bring Azula back to being an innocent child was pretty smart.
Set by Waterlady

Offline The Banished Prince

• Metalbender
  • Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 53
Re: Episode 207: Zuko Alone
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2013, 12:04:23 AM »
A surefire top 3 episode of the series.

Let go your earthly tether. Enter the void. Empty and become wind.

Offline Cassidy Alice

• "Laughter's the best medicine!"
  • Task Force
  • Winner!
  • Championship Pot: 262
    • Cassidy's Fanfiction
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2013, 02:15:46 AM »
I really enjoyed this episode! I thought it was one of the most interesting ones!

Set from tumblr. ę Respective owners
Fanfiction | FictionPress | Tumblr | dA

Offline Cowboy Colt

• We are free to stuggle but we are not stuggling to be free.
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 231
  • Comparison is the death of contentedness
    • www.fanfiction.net
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2013, 02:21:25 AM »
I really enjoyed this episode! I thought it was one of the most interesting ones!
This.

keeps and quotes (click to show/hide)
 ATLA keeps: Kataang lovemaking, "MY CABBAGES " line, Aangs quiet badassness
Main theme (click to show/hide)
[
Elevation requires separation.

Be thankful for each day that you have.

Member of the league of butts-Guardian's of the Markiplier fandom.

Offline Blu

• Task Force
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 116
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2013, 03:53:10 AM »
A surefire top 3 episode of the series.

Yo this episode is beat.

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 214
  • I'm Fenix and don't you forget it!!
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2013, 06:53:02 AM »
Definitely a favorite episode of mine. This doesn't even have the gaang in it and it's still fantastic.

Extraordinarily awesome sig by Zevinja!!

Offline Lionheart

• Task Force
  • Round 2!
    • My FF.net
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2013, 11:23:36 AM »
Both this and the next one have a sorta Western feel to it. All the fights at the end were missing were tumbleweeds and the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly theme playing.
Set by Waterlady

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2013, 07:25:55 PM »
Yeah, the Chase definitely does have a Western feel to it too. Probably why I like both episodes.

Offline Spruce

• They don't think it be like it is...
  • Chi Blocker
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 150
  • ...but it do
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2013, 09:30:24 PM »
This is easily my favorite episode of ATLA, made a huge impact on me. From an artistic and storytelling standpoint, it's just tremendous. The spaghetti western homage vibe actually worked really well for it, I agree.
The best posts I ever made were the ones I didn't make.

Offline Lionheart

• Task Force
  • Round 2!
    • My FF.net
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2014, 04:21:51 AM »
There are people on youtube and FB still ranting about how the townspeople turned on Zuko after finding out who he really was. They likely grew up in the first world, and never had any friend or family that was in war, and the worst thing they have to worry about is everyday BS like classes or a bad day at work. War is not cupcakes and rainbows where everybody knows who the bad guys are and who good guys are. Think about it. This war has been going on for a hundred years. The Fire Nation was killing everything and everyone in their path to conquest. Yes, the soldiers in the town were oppressive bullies but I am pretty sure more than one family in the town had sons in the Army fighting the Fire Nation and many of them did not come back. Lee's brother might have been killed in action too.

Put it this way: You invite a stranger into your home, feed him, let him sleep there and it turns out he is the son of a man who wants to take over your country and was responsible for the death of millions of your countrymen including, possibly your own son. How would you react? I don't think the aforementioned commenters would be singing the same tune. The Poles didn't take very kindly to Germans who were outcasts from their land nor did the Chinese take kindly to Japanese soldiers who defected and joined with the resistance (and hid their identity), though that was more with the former, you can clearly tell the difference between a Chinese person and a Japanese person. People who think the town was absolutely out of line should get out of their 2000's peacetime mind frames and watch some war movies and documentaries, or even talk to people who grew up in war zones. Then they'll understand the reality of war without actually having to experience it themselves. 

I thankfully have never experienced war, the closest thing I came to it was the 9/11 attacks and its aftermath but my mom and her whole side of the family had and I have some friends who served in the military.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 04:37:26 AM by Lionheart »
Set by Waterlady

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2014, 04:36:32 AM »
These people had been through a hundred years of war against the fire nation, just because one Fire Nation Citizen helps out or even saves the people from military jerks does not mean that they're going to automatically trust or that they even necessarily should. Plus he's the prince for crying out loud, that's a big reason as to why they didn't trust him. And honestly just because one man does good, that doesn't necessarily make him a good person. And people can argue that he's obviously good because he was banished, but we were shown at the beginning that Zuko wasn't a good person. Heck he could've been banished for many reasons, he could be an extremist or something.

As I said, the world has been at war for a very long time, it wasn't kind of them to be cold to Zuko after what he did, but it was understandable.

Offline Cassidy Alice

• "Laughter's the best medicine!"
  • Task Force
  • Winner!
  • Championship Pot: 262
    • Cassidy's Fanfiction
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2014, 01:29:03 PM »
Yeah, and unfortunately, one person doing a good deed or two doesn't right all the wrongs a whole nation made.

Set from tumblr. ę Respective owners
Fanfiction | FictionPress | Tumblr | dA

CREDITS:

Forum coded by Seluna
Logo illustrations courtesy of terrik_zion and Seluna.
-----

Enjoy the site?
You can donate to help with hosting and maintenance costs!

-----

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:

The Korra Connection is an unofficial, non-profit fansite made by fans. It is in no way affiliated with Nickelodeon, Viacom, creators Bryan Konietzko and Michael Dante DiMartino or anything else related to the Avatar: The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra or related franchises. All ownership rights are respected by the staff of this site and no copyright infringement is intended.