Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter google youtube

Author Topic: New airbending subset style in Korra Book 2  (Read 2810 times)

Offline Spruce

• They don't think it be like it is...
  • Chi Blocker
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 150
  • ...but it do
Re: New airbending subset style in Korra Book 2
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2013, 02:35:37 AM »
In theory, if they can manipulate air, they can vibrate the gaseous particles such that the kinetic energy of the ambient air increases in such a way as to raise the temperature.
The best posts I ever made were the ones I didn't make.

Offline quidditchchick

• Councilwoman quidditchchick / Moderator
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 146
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2013, 03:43:07 AM »
Waterbenders can manipulate the temperature of the water, though. At least make it cold enough to freeze, anyway. I'm not sure if they can heat water.

~Set by me~

Offline Kasi McCarty

• Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 13
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2013, 07:11:27 AM »
Waterbenders can manipulate the temperature of the water, though. At least make it cold enough to freeze, anyway. I'm not sure if they can heat water.

They can make steam, which is really just superheated water that has evaporated, ie they make water heat up.

I'm very excited about this and I can not WAIT until Season 2 comes out. Hopefully, it comes out with more predictability than the first, because I remember having to suddenly wait MONTHS for new episodes!!!!

Offline Lex

• The Guru
  • Airbending Guru
  • Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 40
  • I'm a spy, and I don't care who knows it.
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2013, 03:30:40 AM »
If there hadn't been a confirmed "specialized" airbending form, I would have been so cheesed off.

Offline Lex

• The Guru
  • Airbending Guru
  • Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 40
  • I'm a spy, and I don't care who knows it.
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2013, 03:41:08 AM »

I don't know if it's how Bryke sees it (or if they've thought that much about it), but I've perceived waterbending ice differently.  In nature water gets cold and forms ice. With waterbending, I see it kind of backwards - a waterbender rearranges the hydrogen bonds of the water and in effect makes the water instantly freeze into the reformed bonds the bender put them in, making it cold to the touch.

The same.  But backwards.

That's how I imagine it.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 03:44:41 AM by Lex »

CREDITS:

Forum coded by Seluna
Logo illustrations courtesy of terrik_zion and Seluna.
-----

Enjoy the site?
You can donate to help with hosting and maintenance costs!

-----

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:

The Korra Connection is an unofficial, non-profit fansite made by fans. It is in no way affiliated with Nickelodeon, Viacom, creators Bryan Konietzko and Michael Dante DiMartino or anything else related to the Avatar: The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra or related franchises. All ownership rights are respected by the staff of this site and no copyright infringement is intended.