Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter google youtube

Author Topic: Lackadaisy - Webcomic  (Read 658 times)

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 214
  • I'm Fenix and don't you forget it!!
Lackadaisy - Webcomic
« on: February 20, 2013, 04:44:25 AM »
Because this site demands a Lackadaisy thread.

Some of you already know what this is and are big fans, but for the people that don't I guess I'll introduce the plot to ya.

Quote (selected)
When Prohibition grips the United States in 1920, Atlas May sets his eatery, the Little Daisy CafÚ, as the front for a successful speakeasy called the Lackadaisy. Situated at the mouth of a network of limestone caves, the speakeasy can only be accessed from the CafÚ by those showing a pin in the shape of a Clubs card suit. With easy access to illegal alcohol and a steady clientele, business burgeons, and the Lackadaisy becomes a premier establishment.
In 1926, however, Atlas is mysteriously killed, and management of the Little Daisy and the Lackadaisy falls to his widow Mitzi. Patronage at the Lackadaisy gradually falls off, bringing it to the brink of collapse, with only a handful of its original crew remaining and doing their best to keep the business alive. There is a band that plays at the club, and one of the members is a rumrunner, which brings the characters into conflict with others who distill their own whiskey and moonshine.

That pretty much sums it up. It's a fantastic webcomic created by Tracy J. Butler where all the pages are serpia toned and the characters are anthromorphic cats. It's fun, quirky, dramatic and smart little story I think you all should check out.

Here's the first page if you're interested. http://www.lackadaisycats.com/comic.php?comicid=1

Oh and for fans of the comic, there's a bunch of new pages to read. So get to it!!

Extraordinarily awesome sig by Zevinja!!

Offline quidditchchick

• Councilwoman quidditchchick / Moderator
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 146
Re: Lackadaisy - Webcomic
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2013, 05:48:34 AM »
Thank you for making a thread! I just heard about the new pages, I am excite! :3

But seriously, if you haven't read this, do it NOW. The art is freaking delicious.

~Set by me~

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2013, 06:28:57 AM »
Thank you for making a thread! I just heard about the new pages, I am excite! :3

But seriously, if you haven't read this, do it NOW. The art is freaking delicious.

You're very welcome!!

And I concur. READ IT!!!

Offline quidditchchick

• Councilwoman quidditchchick / Moderator
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 146
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2013, 06:35:33 AM »
For those of you who haven't seen it/heard of it, here's some sample art.

Beautiful, am I right?

~Set by me~

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2013, 06:37:51 AM »
-whistles- Lookin' good.

CREDITS:

Forum coded by Seluna
Logo illustrations courtesy of terrik_zion and Seluna.
-----

Enjoy the site?
You can donate to help with hosting and maintenance costs!

-----

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:

The Korra Connection is an unofficial, non-profit fansite made by fans. It is in no way affiliated with Nickelodeon, Viacom, creators Bryan Konietzko and Michael Dante DiMartino or anything else related to the Avatar: The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra or related franchises. All ownership rights are respected by the staff of this site and no copyright infringement is intended.