Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter google youtube

Author Topic: How would you have ended Book 1?  (Read 1056 times)

Offline Deadpool

• The Merc with a Mouth
  • Pro-bending Fan
  • Championship Pot: 8
  • Something Deadpool would say...
How would you have ended Book 1?
« on: February 14, 2013, 07:10:44 AM »
Just curious, we all know the ending to LoK sucked, okay and there's many people at fault for that. But what I'm curious about is how would you have ended it? Me personally I would've kept Korra losing her powers and then book 2 would be her search to relearn all of them. It wouldn't have to take as long as Aang per se, but I just thought that was a good opportunity missed. Oh and I wanted Amon to live on...lol rhymes.

What about you guys? What would you have done different?

Offline Blu

• Task Force
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 116
Re: How would you have ended Book 1?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2013, 07:12:44 AM »
Uhhh.... for starters:

-not reveal Amon's backstory
-have Lin play an active role in the finale
-Korra doesn't get her bending back (I know, they thought they only had one season, but I'm speaking ideally here)
-General Iroh doesn't exist

Offline Lex

• The Guru
  • Airbending Guru
  • Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 40
  • I'm a spy, and I don't care who knows it.
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2013, 09:15:29 AM »
-have Lin play an active role in the finale
-Korra doesn't get her bending back (I know, they thought they only had one season, but I'm speaking ideally here)
-General Iroh doesn't exist

All of these. However, I liked the backstory.  But instead of a whole spread of his life stories, I would have preferred snippets here and there that kept you guessing.  I mean, we saw everything and his hypocrisy was still not understandable for me.  Might as well have the ambiguity to go with it.

- Have Book Air centralize around Air.  The element final gets its own chapter and we learned next to nothing new.
- Leave the unrest in the citizens intentionally unresolved.  When Amon disappears all of the city's civil unrest seems to go with him.   Amon was a fraud, but the inferiority that the nonbending citizens felt was not.
- Better romance writing.  It had potential, but the pacing and some script soiled it.

Offline Tiger

• Chi Blocker
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 110
  • I'm the Wan and the only
    • My DA
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2013, 02:05:22 PM »
Not return Lin's power.

older sigs (click to show/hide)

Offline NinjaKitty

• Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 58
    • My Facebook.
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2013, 05:38:44 PM »
Left us on a total cliffhanger, and never gave back Korra's bending. Now we're all "Shock! Now what! We have an Avatar that can't bend!" and VERY eagerly awaiting season two.

Don't return her bending until the middle of season two, where despite Korra not being a bender (for now), she still embarks on a spiritual journey and FINDS Aang (he doesn't find her).

Offline bearboymcg

• Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 72
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2013, 06:35:35 PM »
All I would've changed is have Bolin and Korra wind up together and if possible changed how the love triangle thing was haddled where it doesn't have Mako kinda look like he was cheating on Asami with Korra.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 09:00:26 PM by bearboymcg »

Beautiful Kataang set made by my Secret Santa:D

Offline A6

• Airbending Guru
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 230
  • avvie by Water Lily
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2013, 08:31:51 PM »
I personally loved the ending, so I  would not change a thing other than take about 24 episodes to get there!
signatures - gift from my talented friends Water Lily and Honey Badger :3

Offline Deist Zealot

• P'heer Marked Me
  • Waterbending Healer
  • Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 36
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2013, 03:14:47 AM »
Amon is possibly something other than a bloodbender.  (Possibly...y'know, an actual badass-normal with an actual spirit pact or at least advanced chi-blocking?)

Korra airbends to save the Equalist Lieutenant, in whom she has no pre-established vested interest (thus making it genuinely selfless).

Lin does something while de-bent.  (Punches Amon in the face, maybe?)

Mako's love confession gets cut off.  He respects Korra's wishes enough to not follow her

A brief interlude of Spirit World shenanigans.  Turns out Korra's chakras are futzed, and it's up to her to fix that.

Steam Kiss #2 does not happen.

And I'd probably have made Book 1 longer, to compensate for the somewhat messy pacing.
I keep:  Lin Beifong's resolve, Asami Sato's integrity, and Bolin's endearing inability to lie.

CREDITS:

Forum coded by Seluna
Logo illustrations courtesy of terrik_zion and Seluna.
-----

Enjoy the site?
You can donate to help with hosting and maintenance costs!

-----

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:

The Korra Connection is an unofficial, non-profit fansite made by fans. It is in no way affiliated with Nickelodeon, Viacom, creators Bryan Konietzko and Michael Dante DiMartino or anything else related to the Avatar: The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra or related franchises. All ownership rights are respected by the staff of this site and no copyright infringement is intended.