Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter google youtube

Author Topic: Reasons To Ship Teo Lee  (Read 1108 times)

Offline The Melon Lord Approves

• Naive Fools Club
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 121
  • World's Biggest FAangirl
    • My tumblr
Reasons To Ship Teo Lee
« on: February 08, 2013, 03:55:23 PM »
Just what it says on the tin.

#1- Because Teo has the spirit of an airbender, and Ty Lee seems like she probably has Air Nomad ancestry. Two almost airbenders is a great match.

#2- Because despite their mutual airiness, Teo has the solidity and groundedness of the Earth Kingdom in him, and Ty Lee has the spark of the Fire Nation. They each embody the best of their "home nation" element, and earth and fire are drawn together by proximity just as air and water are. Yes I know, element rationalizations are the stupidest arguments for shipping but it's still true whether it's a bad argument or not.

So I've got the dumb ones out of the way. Anybody else wanna chime in?

Offline ShineyDragons

• Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 84
Re: Reasons To Ship Teo Lee
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2013, 04:17:23 PM »
#3 - reason to have ship them and having them as Pema's parents, because if they really are her parents, then the airbender babies descendants from all four nations!

• Naive Fools Club
  • Knockout!
    • My tumblr
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2013, 07:05:47 PM »
The next three pretty much just go together:

#4- Ty Lee needs someone who's going to respect her for her and not just want her because she's insanely hot. She's used to being valued for her pretty face and not much else by her family, hence the whole run-away-to-the-circus thing.

#5- Teo is used to being pre-judged. He needs a girl who will accept him as-is and accept his limits while also respecting his free spirit and his need for independence.

#6- These are two people who are really used to people making snap judgments about them, and I'd be willing to bet that both of them are sick of it (in Ty Lee's case, I don't have to bet- we know this for sure). Because of this, they're both more inclined to look below the surface of people to get to the heart of them.  In short, they're both likely to look past each others' surface qualities and recognize the similarities they share underneath the superficial.

Offline bombalurima

• Lightningbender
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 117
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2013, 07:41:14 PM »
Just in general...because they're adorbs X3

And I'm so glad they have their own little section!
"...and everybody saved everybody else at some point."

~beatles icons by astrobeatles at LJ

• Naive Fools Club
  • Knockout!
    • My tumblr
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2013, 07:46:24 PM »
You and me both!  I feel like we accomplished something magical.

Because they could go gliding together!

Offline Fourtune

• There is simply no meaning to life if you live like a dead man.
  • Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 69
  • We gotta make the dream come true!! Step by step!!
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2013, 12:08:00 AM »
#9- Because it's been grown and cultivated and burst on the scene out of absolutely nothing but love and inspiration! No wars, no hatred, no looking for combat. Shipping Teo Lee is shipping done the right way.

#10- Because no alternate character interpretation is needed whatsoever, but your imagination is still encouraged to run wild with it.

#11- Because if Katang is The Light, Maiko is The Force, Sukka is The Bridge, and The Doph is The Way, then Teo Lee is The Flow.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 12:10:12 AM by Fourtune »
This expertly-done set you see before you comes to TKC courtesy of SD’s Signature & Avatar Boutique!

• Naive Fools Club
  • Knockout!
    • My tumblr
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2013, 05:01:13 AM »
^^Very excellent point, Fourtune!  With Teo Lee, there's no need to step on anybody's toes or get into angry ship wars. It's a ship of happiness and enjoyment only.

#12- Because writing conversations between them is so easy they practically write themselves.

#13- Because Ty Lee is sick of these big buff meatheads who are always trying to hit on her when they don't know anything about her, but Teo's such a respectful guy that he's going to give her the space she needs to really learn to genuinely like a guy.

#14- Because Teo would listen to her random comments and little rambling tangents about inconsequential things and think it was adorable.

CREDITS:

Forum coded by Seluna
Logo illustrations courtesy of terrik_zion and Seluna.
-----

Enjoy the site?
You can donate to help with hosting and maintenance costs!

-----

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:

The Korra Connection is an unofficial, non-profit fansite made by fans. It is in no way affiliated with Nickelodeon, Viacom, creators Bryan Konietzko and Michael Dante DiMartino or anything else related to the Avatar: The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra or related franchises. All ownership rights are respected by the staff of this site and no copyright infringement is intended.