Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter google youtube

Author Topic: Tenma General Discussion!  (Read 20893 times)

Offline quidditchchick

• Councilwoman quidditchchick / Moderator
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 146
Tenma General Discussion!
« on: November 22, 2012, 10:39:48 AM »

A place for Tenma general discussion! Remember, no bashing, constructive arguments only.

~Set by me~

Offline Autumn

• Master Sketch Bender
  • Waterbending Healer
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 141
Re: Tenma General Discussion!
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2012, 01:40:19 AM »
There needs to be more of this in the series!

ATLA Keeps (click to show/hide)
-Aang’s tattoos
-Kataang’s fluffiness
-Toph’s earthbending sight

LOK Keeps (click to show/hide)
-The Kataang Family Portrait
-Tenzin’s Tattoos
-Toph’s Statue
-Korra's Appa Plushie
-Pokey the Lemur

Offline A6

• Airbending Guru
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 230
  • avvie by Water Lily
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2012, 04:41:32 AM »
Truly my favorite ship of ALOK!
signatures - gift from my talented friends Water Lily and Honey Badger :3

Offline The Melon Lord Approves

• Naive Fools Club
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 121
  • World's Biggest FAangirl
    • My tumblr
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2012, 10:39:42 AM »
I love Pemzin (or Tenma, or whatever we're calling it these days).

Seriously, the way they are with each other is just ridiculously adorable. They're just so, so, SO... well, married.  They've worn their grooves in each other and they fit together.  She's the only person in the world who can absolutely have him cowed- not just flustered (because it's ridiculously easy to get Tenzin flustered)- but genuinely cowed.

And unfortunately we don't know too much about Pema which is what led to my headcanon about her being the daughter of Teo and Ty Lee because that is the best fanon ship ever and two Almost Airbenders have to be the airbabies' other set of grandparents but I really like her and I want so much more of her next season.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 10:41:15 AM by The Melon Lord Approves »

Offline ShineyDragons

• Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 84
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2012, 11:13:15 AM »
Tenma (or Pemzin as I usually call them) gave us the airbabies. You. Just. Can't. Dislike. It.

Really, it impossible.

• Naive Fools Club
  • Knockout!
    • My tumblr
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2012, 11:27:54 AM »
And even without the airbabies... my headcanon of them is adorable.  The way they met (Tenzin trained Pema in the airbending forms, as he had so many other Air Acolytes before her), the process of falling in love (and Tenzin's complete and utter surprise over how on earth this had happened, as he was utterly oblivious before he was in too far to get out), the...

OH GOD THEY'RE JUST TOO ADORABLE TOO MANY PEMZIN FEELS.

Offline Cassidy Alice

• "Laughter's the best medicine!"
  • Task Force
  • Winner!
  • Championship Pot: 262
    • Cassidy's Fanfiction
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2012, 04:16:53 PM »
Tenma (or Pemzin as I usually call them) gave us the airbabies. You. Just. Can't. Dislike. It.

Really, it impossible.

^
Even though there wasn't a whole lot of Tenma moments in LoK, I love them!

Set from tumblr. © Respective owners
Fanfiction | FictionPress | Tumblr | dA

Offline Cowboy Colt

• We are free to stuggle but we are not stuggling to be free.
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 231
  • Comparison is the death of contentedness
    • www.fanfiction.net
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2012, 04:22:17 PM »

Really, it impossible.

^
Even though there wasn't a whole lot of Tenma moments in LoK, I love them!
I know!

keeps and quotes (click to show/hide)
 ATLA keeps: Kataang lovemaking, "MY CABBAGES " line, Aangs quiet badassness
Main theme (click to show/hide)
[
Elevation requires separation.

Be thankful for each day that you have.

Member of the league of butts-Guardian's of the Markiplier fandom.

Offline aangismyhomie

• Pro-bending Fan
  • Championship Pot: 9
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2012, 04:38:59 PM »
I love this couple so much, they're just adorable.
Love is brightest in the dark :)

Offline A6

• Airbending Guru
  • Knockout!
  • avvie by Water Lily
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2012, 05:09:04 PM »
I agree with everyone's sentiments about them (Tenma/Pemzin - either way is good here).

The kids are so cute and spunky,  they have incredible skills (defeating Equalists).

Tenzin and Pema are sweet together, very loving, and great parents.  Seeing Tenzin run when he heard Rohan's first wail was endearing.

Pema shows us she doesn't take a lot of guff from Tenzin.

I completely identify with this couple - Tenzin because of similarity in age and temperament, and while I am older than my wife, not the same gap. But they sure are similar! :)

And the single most entertaining moment for me about them was when Asami and Mako were fighting in the kitchen when Pema has that first contraction, and her face as she walks off camera expressing shock over the coming Asami/Mako snarkiness to each other was truly priceless!

I hope they are explored further in the next seasons of ALOK!
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 05:11:35 PM by A6 »

Offline ShineyDragons

• Round 2!
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2012, 05:23:27 PM »
Quote (selected)
And the single most entertaining moment for me about them was when Asami and Mako were fighting in the kitchen when Pema has that first contraction, and her face as she walks off camera expressing shock over the coming Asami/Mako snarkiness to each other was truly priceless!

I agree. It's moments like this that makes me think Pema is underrated as a character, (and definitely undeserved of any bashing).

And it's true, Pemzin is awesome even outside the airbabies - but with the airbabies, they are just undeniably perfect.

Offline A6

• Airbending Guru
  • Knockout!
  • avvie by Water Lily
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2012, 05:30:19 PM »
Right on target ShineyFishes!

I am definitely not a Pema basher. I think that one scene when she reveals she pursued Tenzin (the details of which I'd love to hear/see in the coming season), the advice she gives Korra is from her point of view as a 35 year old with her oldest girl only being 10.  She meant well but had NO experience with teen age girls and how it might be interpreted.

I remember those days of childrearing, and giving advice to ten year old girls as a father was much easier than relating to my teen daughter at the time.  We managed to figure it out how to communicate though... ;)

• Naive Fools Club
  • Knockout!
    • My tumblr
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2012, 05:51:24 PM »
Exactly.  People dump all this crap on Pema for relatively stupid reasons (she "stole" Tenzin from the "more deserving" Lin, she gave "stupid" advice to Korra, she's a full-time wife and mother and somehow that's a bad thing), and I hate it, because she's wonderful and she has such a fun personality. She's very sweet, but she has this subtle little edge to her, something that gives her the strength and sense of humor to put up with the craziness of being married to Tenzin.

Offline ShineyDragons

• Round 2!
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2012, 06:13:32 PM »
I'm not really into the whole "Linzin" stuff (there are several good reasons for them not to work), so I have no reasons to hold grudges against her for that. Not that there are any reasons. It was solely Tenzin's decision who he wanted to be with - he chose Pema, out of free will. Pema might have made her feelings for him clear, but she did not "steal" him - he went freely.

Therefore, I really don't have a problem with her for encouraging Korra to pursue the boy she likes. Yes, it had unfortunate consequences, but being honest about your feelings shouldn't be a problem. Let's face it, had either the Mako/Asami or Lin/Tenzin relationships been strong and healthy, neither Korra or Pema's confessions would have had any influence at all.

Offline Autumn

• Master Sketch Bender
  • Waterbending Healer
  • Knockout!
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2012, 07:25:02 PM »
I know lotsa people who thought that Lin and Tenzin belong together and even rewrote the series so that they're together (I've seen people on ff.net say they HATE Pema and stuff...) Anyway, no.

There's nothing wrong with shipping Linzin (in my sketches, baby Lin has a crush on baby Tenzin), but it's very obvious that Pema and Tenzin  belong together. I mean, they're friggin married. What more do you want? And I was surprised at the age difference, but I just LOVE that ship. There isn't enough fanfiction (smut) of them. And I want more in season two! I'll even settle for a kiss. They're married. Nothing wrong with showing them kiss, Bryke.

-Aang’s tattoos
-Kataang’s fluffiness

-Tenzin’s Tattoos
-Toph’s Statue
-Korra's Appa Plushie
-Pokey the Lemur

• Naive Fools Club
  • Knockout!
    • My tumblr
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2012, 08:48:39 PM »
I know lotsa people who thought that Lin and Tenzin belong together and even rewrote the series so that they're together (I've seen people on ff.net say they HATE Pema and stuff...) Anyway, no.

I knooowwwww!  What is WITH that?  Seriously, it's at the point where I'm starting to think Linzin is the new Zutara and Pemzin is the new Kataang.  One is all "opposites attract" and was probably a very intense relationship back in the day when they were young and whatnot (except unlike Zutara, Lin and Tenzin actually did have actual romantic attraction for each other), and an insane amount of people love the pairing.  The other is canon/endgame/whatever and the two people involved are clearly very compatible and love each other very much... but hate gets dumped on it (and one partner in particular).

Offline ShineyDragons

• Round 2!
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2012, 08:59:27 PM »
Well, people tend to ship people that are totally awkward or rude to each other, for some reason. At least, Linzin used to be a something, but it is not anymore. I guess they had their reasons for parting, and I will respect that.

• Naive Fools Club
  • Knockout!
    • My tumblr
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2012, 09:21:45 PM »
Exactly.  All this "stupid Pema (removed) stole Tenzin from his 1 tru luv Lin!!!1!!1eleven" crap is just ridiculous.  Come on. Do you really think Tenzin, son of Katara, would lose his girlfriend and just awkwardly fall into a relationship he didn't want just because some much younger girl told him she was in love with him?

But then again, maybe that's the problem: too many people in this fandom also seem to think Katara is a spineless girl who couldn't possibly be with someone because she loves them, she must be with them because she thought she had to...

No.  Pema did not "steal" Tenzin, regardless of how Korra (a relatively naive 17-year-old) may have phrased it. If Tenzin didn't want to be "stolen," Pema's love confession would have meant nothing and Linzin would still be canon.  As it is, Tenzin and Lin's relationship was clearly already falling apart (or at least weakening) by the time Pema became a factor, and he wanted to be with Pema so he was with Pema.  End of story.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 08:50:13 PM by Glitch »

Offline ShineyDragons

• Round 2!
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2012, 09:37:30 PM »
I actually find it slightly disrespectful for Tenzin's character to suggest he is so spineless and disloyal, that he would betray the people he cares about or jump on every random girl he could. Or that he has no say or consideration in who he spends his life with. He is clearly 'mister spiritual': "Lulz this gals intta meh, gonna bang her" - yeah, I didn't think so.

Offline Autumn

• Master Sketch Bender
  • Waterbending Healer
  • Knockout!
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2012, 09:38:45 PM »
No.  Pema did not "steal" Tenzin, regardless of how Korra (a relatively naive 17-year-old) may have phrased it. If Tenzin didn't want to be "stolen," Pema's love confession would have meant nothing and Linzin would still be canon.  As it is, Tenzin and Lin's relationship was clearly already falling apart (or at least weakening) by the time Pema became a factor, and he wanted to be with Pema so he was with Pema.  End of story.
Exactly. Tenzin doesn't seem like the kinda guy who would leave his girlfriend just cause another girl said she loved him. And Tenzin even said that Pema didn't steal her, they were growing apart and had different goals in life.

Like what a lot of you were saying, if he didn't feel the same way about Pema, he wouldn't have left Lin. If Pema never came into the picture, they pro'lly would have broken up anyway.

-Aang’s tattoos
-Kataang’s fluffiness

-Tenzin’s Tattoos
-Toph’s Statue
-Korra's Appa Plushie
-Pokey the Lemur

CREDITS:

Forum coded by Seluna
Logo illustrations courtesy of terrik_zion and Seluna.
-----

Enjoy the site?
You can donate to help with hosting and maintenance costs!

-----

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:

The Korra Connection is an unofficial, non-profit fansite made by fans. It is in no way affiliated with Nickelodeon, Viacom, creators Bryan Konietzko and Michael Dante DiMartino or anything else related to the Avatar: The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra or related franchises. All ownership rights are respected by the staff of this site and no copyright infringement is intended.