Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter google youtube

Author Topic: Mafia! Welcome to Republic City (DAY THREE)  (Read 48095 times)

Offline Guyw1tn0nam3

• Chi Blocker
  • Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 52
  • Inhumane and beautiful
Mafia! Welcome to Republic City (DAY THREE)
« on: January 21, 2013, 07:36:29 PM »

Welcome to Republic City Mafia!

Word has spread the that Avatar has come to Republic City. They say she's powerful but naive, a young brash teenager with little experience with the outsider world. In the midst of the Avatar's arrival, the cogs of the city begin to turn, the triads awaken, and their killing instincts are unleashed on an unsuspecting city.

For a refresh on the rules/roles of Mafia, feel free to look here for more information.

Every day is divided into night/day. During the night, if you have a role, you will be PMing your night action (and your action will be explained to you in PMs that I send out to everyone upon me completing them) to me and I will be executing those actions in the following day. If you don't have a role (as in I just give you a townie), then you don't need to worry about this.

On the other hand, during the day, you have the opportunity to target people you think are suspicious (and/or arouse suspicion of a helpless towns person) by typing "Vote:" and the name of the person you want to vote off. If the vote achieves over 50%, then that player is killed and the game immediately returns to night phase (he will have 24 hours to defend himself before I consider it a final kill).

The roles you will be given include characters from show. So for example, you may get Tenzin, Pema, Mako, Bolin, etc. These characters do not need to have been included in the episode that this game is based on in order to be in the game. These characters also do not need to be aligned with their alignments in the show. For example, if someone claims that they received the character Lin, that does not mean that I necessarily gave her the role of Cop, nor does that mean I gave her a Townie role.

In other words, for you all know, I could have messed around with the game and made Bolin, Tenzin, and Lin mafia members, Korra is a serial killer, and Amon is a cop.

Once I've sent out all of the role PMs and you guys have confirmed that you've received them, we can start the game (I will be done with all of them probably before 9PM PST tonight).

RULES OF THIS GAME:

•   1/ Do not use italics unless you are dead, in which case you can talk in italics until I kick you out. Even if you're dead you can only talk if you have something entertaining to add that won't distract, aid, or hinder the living players.  Mainly, italics will be reserved for me. You can comment on my interjections, but I have the final say.
•   2/ Do not PM or contact other members about the game except for your teammates. If you are a Townie, you are not allowed to talk to others in your group unless your role description mentions otherwise.
•   3/ Dead players are no longer allowed to post in the thread (jk, you can until I tell you to stop) or PM their teammates (if you do this and I find out, you may be castrated or modkilled).
•   4/ Do not edit or delete any posts. Players have the right to read exactly what you said the first time you said it. If you want to add something later, make a new post. This is an exception from the usual ASN rules, so please don't misuse it; if you have to post 3 times in 10 minutes, you should probably give it some more thought before hitting the "Post"-button.
•   5/ When discussing your roles or information from PMs, leave me (the narrator) out of it. Do not quote any PMs I send you. Do not say "I was just told" or "the narrators told me"; present it as if it was your own understanding. You are allowed to quote text posted in the thread.
•   6/ To vote, put the word Vote and the player's name in bold. Votes will not be counted without one of these two. If you wish to remove a vote without changing to another player, bold Unvote. If you wish to change your vote to another player, just vote again. You can also opt to vote No Lynch.
•   7/ In order to give everyone (especially people from different timezones) a fair chance to defend themselves, there must be at least 24 hours between the first and the last vote on a player.
•   8/ Once the majority of votes to lynch (or not lynch) has been reached, the Day will end automatically. Even if the lynched player is unvoted in that same post, as soon as the final vote is placed, that's final. When you see a certain player has the required number of votes for a lynch, please stop posting and wait for any of the moderators to end the Day and start the Night phase.
•   9/ When sending in a Night/Day action, please include the phase and number (for example "Night 2") in the subject. Mention the action and target (for example "Investigate: Player X") in your PM.
•   10/ When the Godfather of a Mafia team is temporally unavailable, each member can send in a name and the highest in rank will see his kill carried out. Rankings are decided at the beginning of the game.
•   11/ Nights will last 24-48 hours. If I have not received a player's Night action after 48 hours, the Night will not be extended and that player's action will be skipped unless otherwise specified. If this happens twice in row without prior notice, the player will be replaced.
•   12/ Players who go longer than 48 hours without posting without prior notice will be prodded by one of the narrators. If a player does not respond to their prod within an additional 24 hours, they will be replaced. Having all the players active works much better. Just a small post will keep you from getting replaced, so keep up with the game.
•   13/ When a Day lasts longer than 72 hours (without maintaining a high number of posts), the narrators can issue a time limit.
•   14/ No cryptography is allowed within this game. This consists of any code that is not English and requires any type of outside assistance to interpret the message. This also applies to size 0 text. All posts must be in VISIBLE ENGLISH.
•   15/ Breaching of these rules may result in replacement or modkill. That means your character is dead and your team will get hurt.
•   16/ The rules are subject to change at the narrators’ discretion. Changes will be posted in the thread (or send by PM if they only affect a small number of people and making them public would reveal too much).

LIST OF PLAYERS

1. Arcanger
2. Moby Octopad
3. Natural Born Chiller
4. TemporalShenanigans
5. Soap MacTavish
6. Glitch
7. Fenix
8. Zevinja
9. 1911Cowboy
10. Guitarfreak

Note: If you still want to sign up, go for it! We're always looking for more players to play with us. ^^

Day One has started!
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 02:01:37 PM by Guyw1tn0nam3 »

Offline TemporalShenanigans

• Queen of Gibberish
  • Airbending Guru
  • Pro-bending Fan
  • Championship Pot: 7
Re: Mafia! Welcome to Republic City
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2013, 01:20:54 AM »
So when do we start?

Offline The Banished Prince

• Metalbender
  • Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 53
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2013, 01:50:41 AM »
Confirmed.

Pretty sure we can start now.

Let go your earthly tether. Enter the void. Empty and become wind.

Offline Glitch

• Caleb
  • Waterbending Healer
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 116
  • Appreciate every mistake your friends make.
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2013, 02:30:31 AM »
Got it. Random question: how do we know when it's day and when it's night?

Offline Blu

• Task Force
  • Knockout!
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2013, 03:24:51 AM »
Got it. Random question: how do we know when it's day and when it's night?

Well for starters, its always day at the start of the game. And the mod will let you know and change the title of the thread accordingly. Its easy though, nothing happens in the thread at night, and days start and end with mod reports of night actions and lynches.

Confirmed.

Offline Cowboy Colt

• We are free to stuggle but we are not stuggling to be free.
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 231
  • Comparison is the death of contentedness
    • www.fanfiction.net
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2013, 03:49:17 AM »
Confirmed.

keeps and quotes (click to show/hide)
 ATLA keeps: Kataang lovemaking, "MY CABBAGES " line, Aangs quiet badassness
Main theme (click to show/hide)
[
Elevation requires separation.

Be thankful for each day that you have.

Member of the league of butts-Guardian's of the Markiplier fandom.

Offline Soap MacTavish

• King of World at War Zombies
  • Pro-bending Fan
  • Championship Pot: 2
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2013, 04:10:02 AM »
Im ready for some mafia!

Offline Glitch

• Caleb
  • Waterbending Healer
  • Knockout!
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2013, 04:31:01 AM »
Sounds good, sounds good. :)

Offline Arcanger

• Chi Blocker
  • Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 10
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2013, 04:37:30 AM »
Confirmed.

Offline Blu

• Task Force
  • Knockout!
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2013, 04:42:28 AM »
Lets get this under way for real.

I'm Mako.

Offline Glitch

• Caleb
  • Waterbending Healer
  • Knockout!
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2013, 04:43:39 AM »
Imma knock you out with super womanly powers of baby raisn', yo! PEMA'S COMIN' AFTER YA.

Offline Arcanger

• Chi Blocker
  • Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 10
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2013, 04:47:01 AM »
What does Mako do?

Offline Blu

• Task Force
  • Knockout!
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2013, 04:47:47 AM »
Imma knock you out with super womanly powers of baby raisn', yo! PEMA'S COMIN' AFTER YA.

Do you have the power to birth more players during the game?

What does Mako do?

Nothing! I'm just a regular vanilla townie.

Offline Glitch

• Caleb
  • Waterbending Healer
  • Knockout!
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2013, 04:51:41 AM »
cough. aren't we not supposed to say what role we have? I mean the characters don't matter but doesn't it partially defeat the point to say what we are? lol

Offline Blu

• Task Force
  • Knockout!
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2013, 04:55:36 AM »
cough. aren't we not supposed to say what role we have? I mean the characters don't matter but doesn't it partially defeat the point to say what we are? lol

I figured there was no risk in outing myself as a major character with no power.

Offline TemporalShenanigans

• Queen of Gibberish
  • Airbending Guru
  • Pro-bending Fan
  • Championship Pot: 7
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2013, 04:57:53 AM »
You're free to say what you are, but if you've got a good role the Mafia will probably target you in the night so for the most part it's not advisable.

Offline Glitch

• Caleb
  • Waterbending Healer
  • Knockout!
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2013, 04:59:19 AM »
Oh, I get it... >:} sorry I'm a little slow at understand this all. xD

Offline Guyw1tn0nam3

• Chi Blocker
  • Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 52
  • Inhumane and beautiful
Re: Mafia! Welcome to Republic City (Day One)
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2013, 05:16:39 AM »

Do you have the power to birth more players during the game?

What does Mako do?

Nothing! I'm just a regular vanilla townie.

lol

Offline Blu

• Task Force
  • Knockout!
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2013, 05:28:23 AM »
I wouldn't advise any more claiming though. We have a small game and it would be easy to guess who the doctor/cop is.

So who wants to lynch today?

Offline The Banished Prince

• Metalbender
  • Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 53
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2013, 05:45:13 AM »
I wouldn't advise any more claiming though. We have a small game and it would be easy to guess who the doctor/cop is.

I was just coming in here to say this.

So who wants to lynch today?

I think it's smart to aim for one. I might not end the day with a vote on someone, but I also won't be voting no lynch.

Let go your earthly tether. Enter the void. Empty and become wind.

CREDITS:

Forum coded by Seluna
Logo illustrations courtesy of terrik_zion and Seluna.
-----

Enjoy the site?
You can donate to help with hosting and maintenance costs!

-----

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:

The Korra Connection is an unofficial, non-profit fansite made by fans. It is in no way affiliated with Nickelodeon, Viacom, creators Bryan Konietzko and Michael Dante DiMartino or anything else related to the Avatar: The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra or related franchises. All ownership rights are respected by the staff of this site and no copyright infringement is intended.