Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter google youtube

Author Topic: Taang General Discussion  (Read 4251 times)

Offline SolitaryRose

• Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 10
Re: taang~
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2013, 12:46:02 PM »
2 MONTHS, Melon.  TWO MONTHS.  Oy, what I would've GIVEN to be able to avoid that.

The worst part was that I did it to myself.  I was like "okay, I'm stopping here.  No, really, I'm stopping."  And then a new chapter would get posted and my loyalty to D would win out and I'd read the damn thing, and then I was like "but I need to know what happens with the kids!"  (Honestly, that is almost the entire reason why I kept reading.  I wanted resolution with the children.  By the end I was skimming over the EWWWWWWWWWWWWWW and just looking for that, but it was too late, the damage was done.  I HAD SEEN TOO MUCH.)

I NEVER expected that fic to hurt as much as it did.  When I first saw it posted I was like "oh, another Taang? Okay, whatever, I'll just read and see if it holds my interest."  Then I saw WHAT the story was going to be about, and I went "...uh oh."  But even then I just said, "okay, but whatever, it's AU, and I'll just stop when it gets uncomfortable, no biggie."  THEN I REALLY wanted to see the spirit world stuff and there was always a reason WHY I felt I needed to continue until it was too late, I was in.

I learned a GOOD LESSON from Voldemort.  Thou Shalt Not Read Fics That Separate My OTP Permanently And Have Either One Of Them Fall For Anyone Else.  EVAH. 

But yes, I digress.  If you're a Taanger and you like aangst, Voldemort is for you.  LOL!  We should call them death eaters.  :-D

Offline ShineyDragons

• Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 84
Re: taang~
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2013, 12:52:25 PM »
I really am exceptionally happy I haven't gone further into Voldemort than skimming the first two chapters. But then, I'd never actually read a full Taang story - I have zero interest for it, as I have zero interest for Zutara. And even if it would offend me, no  fanon!paring story has actually ever been able to convince me fully. I always feel the characters is taken out of context.

But for people that does - it's probably a story for you. I'm not going anywhere near it. :-P

Offline Bloodbender09

• The Waterbending Prodigy
  • Pro-bending Fan
  • Championship Pot: 4
  • Still an Aang fangirl
Re: Taang General Discussion
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2013, 07:39:10 PM »
2 MONTHS, Melon.  TWO MONTHS.  Oy, what I would've GIVEN to be able to avoid that.

The worst part was that I did it to myself.  I was like "okay, I'm stopping here.  No, really, I'm stopping."  And then a new chapter would get posted and my loyalty to D would win out and I'd read the damn thing, and then I was like "but I need to know what happens with the kids!"  (Honestly, that is almost the entire reason why I kept reading.  I wanted resolution with the children.  By the end I was skimming over the EWWWWWWWWWWWWWW and just looking for that, but it was too late, the damage was done.  I HAD SEEN TOO MUCH.)

I NEVER expected that fic to hurt as much as it did.  When I first saw it posted I was like "oh, another Taang? Okay, whatever, I'll just read and see if it holds my interest."  Then I saw WHAT the story was going to be about, and I went "...uh oh."  But even then I just said, "okay, but whatever, it's AU, and I'll just stop when it gets uncomfortable, no biggie."  THEN I REALLY wanted to see the spirit world stuff and there was always a reason WHY I felt I needed to continue until it was too late, I was in.

I learned a GOOD LESSON from Voldemort.  Thou Shalt Not Read Fics That Separate My OTP Permanently And Have Either One Of Them Fall For Anyone Else.  EVAH. 

But yes, I digress.  If you're a Taanger and you like aangst, Voldemort is for you.  LOL!  We should call them death eaters.  :-D
Sorry to bump this thing up but. I tried looking for that voldemort fanfic but i couldn't find it anywhere. I do like taang but when i rewatched bitter work I remember why i was turned off from it. Toph is so hard on him even if at the end it did help him i just felt so bad for Aang.

siggy and icon by waterlady

Offline The Melon Lord Approves

• Naive Fools Club
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 121
  • World's Biggest FAangirl
    • My tumblr
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2013, 03:42:23 AM »
It's by DJNS, the Kataang queen, as you're undoubtedly aware. Just go to her ff.net page here. You'll undoubtedly discover quickly which fic we mean.

Offline mywildimagination

• Pro-bending Fan
  • Championship Pot: 4
  • forever foaming at the marble trick
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2014, 08:52:49 AM »
I'm not a Taanger but I do like Aangst. And I really like All Fall Down by DJNS Fear of a name only increases fear of the thing itself Yeah it was dark, but I liked exploring how Aang handled that tragedy. Like melon, I only shipped Taang during the Blind Bandit, but DJNS got me to like it in that fic. By their thirties they would have matured enough that their relationship wouldn't be such a disaster - not that it wasn't still difficult. I'm actually kind of curious as to how things would've gone by Korra's time in that universe.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 09:02:20 AM by mywildimagination »

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 214
  • I'm Fenix and don't you forget it!!
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2014, 09:47:28 PM »
I think I can recall Av and I actually discussing that Aang and Toph had some really nice moments in Blind Bandit that felt like it could have taken a romantic direction and felt a bit like a ship tease. I remember even considering shipping the. (and this was even before I became a multi-shiper) But with the direction they took, and it was an expected one, I really couldn't see them more as friends with a teacher/student relationship.

Extraordinarily awesome sig by Zevinja!!

CREDITS:

Forum coded by Seluna
Logo illustrations courtesy of terrik_zion and Seluna.
-----

Enjoy the site?
You can donate to help with hosting and maintenance costs!

-----

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:

The Korra Connection is an unofficial, non-profit fansite made by fans. It is in no way affiliated with Nickelodeon, Viacom, creators Bryan Konietzko and Michael Dante DiMartino or anything else related to the Avatar: The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra or related franchises. All ownership rights are respected by the staff of this site and no copyright infringement is intended.