Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter google youtube

Author Topic: What If...  (Read 4258 times)

Offline quidditchchick

• Councilwoman quidditchchick / Moderator
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 146
What If...
« on: January 18, 2013, 06:34:20 AM »
Just a thread to discuss different ways situations could have happened in Korra.

Decided to make this a thread after this convo Alpha and I had. What if when Mako went on Airbender Island and Korra freaked out and she earthbent Ikki and Jinora into the air and they were non-benders/didn't use their airbending to float back down. Korra would have freaking killed two children out of embarrassment. And Mako would have been like "Korra, you just murdered two children." and so she killed Mako too.

So essentially a serial killer AU where Korra kills people out of social awkwardness. Idek. xD

So what are your "what-ifs"?

~Set by me~

Offline Seluna

• The Amon-istrator :|
  • Administrator
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 162
  • "Noatak-in' back!"
Re: What If...
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2013, 07:35:19 AM »
What if Asami's moped collision with Mako caused the satomobile/bus in front of them to swerve INTO Mako instead of away from him and cause a fatality?
Would the scene have panned out similarly - dramatic hair whip, taking off helmet and bribing a Metalbender with bedroom eyes and an invitation to Kwong's Quisine if the whole ordeal was swept under the rug?

Offline A6

• Airbending Guru
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 230
  • avvie by Water Lily
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2013, 04:11:19 PM »
Amon had been in league with Koh, or was Koh himself in human form, deriving his debending from an evil spirit in retribution to Korra for past Avatar transgressions in her previous reincarnations as a water bender (Kuruk) and there was a Koh/Korra confrontation?
signatures - gift from my talented friends Water Lily and Honey Badger :3

Offline PSUKFB92

• I am...PENN STATE's...Katara fanboy.
  • Waterbending Healer
  • Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 21
  • Penn Stater for life. Katara fan for life.
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2013, 04:17:13 PM »
What if Korra stopped to think just how oppressive benders like Tarrlok really could be and took time to work on the divide?
ATLA keeps: Kataang hug from The Serpent's Pass, Sokka's DoBS WT armor, Katara's water skins, Appa, Azula's lightning.

LoK keeps: Asami's electric glove, Bolin's seaweed noodles, Korra's hat trick in the pro-bending tournament, Lin Beifong's police uniform, the waterfall behind Tarrlok's desk.

Sig made by Secrets

Offline bombalurima

• Lightningbender
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 117
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2013, 05:11:25 PM »
Korra would have freaking killed two children out of embarrassment. And Mako would have been like "Korra, you just murdered two children." and so she killed Mako too.

I laughed out loud for wayyyyyyy longer than I should have. XDDDD
"...and everybody saved everybody else at some point."

~beatles icons by astrobeatles at LJ

Offline Av

• Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 153
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2013, 07:45:37 PM »
What if Bolin was treated with respect and dignity by the narrative?
AV IS FLAWLESS
I HEAR HIS SNARK IS INSURED FOR 10000 DOLLARS
I HEAR HE MAKES AVATAR COMMERCIALS IN TIAWAN
ONE TIME HE HIT ON ME
...IT WAS AWESOME

Offline Deist Zealot

• P'heer Marked Me
  • Waterbending Healer
  • Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 36
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2013, 01:12:02 AM »
What if Korra stopped to think just how oppressive benders like Tarrlok really could be and took time to work on the divide?
You just earned yourself a yuan.

What if Bolin was treated with respect and dignity by the narrative?
So did you.

Lemme try my hand: what if Asami, rather than Mako, had gone with Korra to confront Amon?  (Yeah, I know; Asami had to go call out Daddy and all that.  Roll with it.)
I keep:  Lin Beifong's resolve, Asami Sato's integrity, and Bolin's endearing inability to lie.

Offline Av

• Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 153
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2013, 01:27:43 PM »
What if Noatak and Tarrlok were in league with each other from the beginning and attempted to take control of Republic City from both sides, top and bottom, just for the express purpose of having it collapse?
AV IS FLAWLESS
I HEAR HIS SNARK IS INSURED FOR 10000 DOLLARS
I HEAR HE MAKES AVATAR COMMERCIALS IN TIAWAN
ONE TIME HE HIT ON ME
...IT WAS AWESOME

Offline quidditchchick

• Knockout!
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2013, 09:16:05 PM »
What if Amon was actually Koh in disguise?

~Set by me~

Offline A6

• Airbending Guru
  • Knockout!
  • avvie by Water Lily
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2013, 01:50:04 AM »
What if we had gotten 2-3 lead in episides of Aang and Katara at their prime of life, in love as young then older adults, Aang as a fully realized Avatar, raising their family, building the city, seeing the older Gaang, watched Tenzin and Pema fall in love, watched Aang age and pass gracefully and be honored by the statue being built, seen the city decay in crime and the rise of the Equalists, watched a much older Katara discover and train little Korra, and THEN "Welcome to Republic City" was Episode 4 (of 16)

Offline FengLi

• Pro-bending Fan
  • Championship Pot: 4
  • Don't worry, It gets better - Avatar Roku
    • Fanfiction.net profile
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2013, 05:14:27 AM »
What if Amon was actually Koh in disguise?
That would explain why all the equalists wore expressionless masks.
ATLA Keeps: Sokka'smoked sea slug and Aang's armor in 'Sokka's Master', 3.14

Offline Secrets

• feathered and lethal
  • Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 73
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2013, 05:51:47 AM »
What if Korra and Asami actually were good friends in the series?

What if Asami had knocked over Bolin with her moped instead of Mako?

WHAT IF PABU WAS AMON?

Offline quidditchchick

• Knockout!
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2013, 06:34:48 AM »
WHAT IF PABU WAS AMON?
Pssh, what do you mean "what if"?

~Set by me~

Offline Nukilik

• Naive Fools Club!
  • Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 97
  • http://25.media.tumblr.com/9030ce0b1e02557e0cf2b56
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2013, 09:32:00 PM »
What if we had gotten 2-3 lead in episides of Aang and Katara at their prime of life, in love as young then older adults, Aang as a fully realized Avatar, raising their family, building the city, seeing the older Gaang, watched Tenzin and Pema fall in love, watched Aang age and pass gracefully and be honored by the statue being built, seen the city decay in crime and the rise of the Equalists, watched a much older Katara discover and train little Korra, and THEN "Welcome to Republic City" was Episode 4 (of 16)

I'd be a happier human being if they did that. As of now I'm having WAY too much of a hard time letting the Gaang go.

Offline A6

• Airbending Guru
  • Knockout!
  • avvie by Water Lily
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2013, 12:10:56 AM »

^This! I want them to make a prequel of this!

Thanks for agreeing wth my thoughts! :)

Offline Cassidy Alice

• "Laughter's the best medicine!"
  • Task Force
  • Winner!
  • Championship Pot: 262
    • Cassidy's Fanfiction
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2013, 12:15:08 AM »

I second this! Honestly, though, if that had been the case, I'd have died long before Korra ended. XDDD

Set from tumblr. © Respective owners
Fanfiction | FictionPress | Tumblr | dA

Offline Cowboy Colt

• We are free to stuggle but we are not stuggling to be free.
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 231
  • Comparison is the death of contentedness
    • www.fanfiction.net
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2013, 12:16:53 AM »

I agree with them!

keeps and quotes (click to show/hide)
 ATLA keeps: Kataang lovemaking, "MY CABBAGES " line, Aangs quiet badassness
Main theme (click to show/hide)
[
Elevation requires separation.

Be thankful for each day that you have.

Member of the league of butts-Guardian's of the Markiplier fandom.

Offline bruisedreed

• Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 45
    • Fanfiction.net
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2013, 12:18:08 AM »

I agree with them!
I know I probably would have liked LOK more.

Sig by Seluna
I will trust You

Offline Cowboy Colt

• We are free to stuggle but we are not stuggling to be free.
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 231
  • Comparison is the death of contentedness
    • www.fanfiction.net
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2013, 01:49:52 AM »

I agree with them!
I know I probably would have liked LOK more.
That's what I call a Bruise burn! XD

keeps and quotes (click to show/hide)
 ATLA keeps: Kataang lovemaking, "MY CABBAGES " line, Aangs quiet badassness
Main theme (click to show/hide)
[
Elevation requires separation.

Be thankful for each day that you have.

Member of the league of butts-Guardian's of the Markiplier fandom.

Offline Secrets

• feathered and lethal
  • Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 73
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2013, 03:13:26 AM »

I.....don't like this. At all.

This is supposed to be Korra's story, so we should start with Korra's story. It'd be nice to have 2-3 episodes IN THE MIDDLE of Korra's story, but in the beginning?

TLOK may be a continuation of ATLA, hence flashbacks, but it's its own series. More flashbacks and references to ATLA would be nice, but entire episodes? No. Entire episodes should focus on the new characters, not the old. This is the Legend of Korra, after all. don't get mad i'm just saying...

How about: what if Mako and Bolin got their own flashback episode? That was something I was hoping for in S1.

CREDITS:

Forum coded by Seluna
Logo illustrations courtesy of terrik_zion and Seluna.
-----

Enjoy the site?
You can donate to help with hosting and maintenance costs!

-----

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:

The Korra Connection is an unofficial, non-profit fansite made by fans. It is in no way affiliated with Nickelodeon, Viacom, creators Bryan Konietzko and Michael Dante DiMartino or anything else related to the Avatar: The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra or related franchises. All ownership rights are respected by the staff of this site and no copyright infringement is intended.