Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter google youtube

Author Topic: Teo Lee General Discussion  (Read 31607 times)

Offline The Melon Lord Approves

• Naive Fools Club
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 121
  • World's Biggest FAangirl
    • My tumblr
Re: Teo Lee
« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2013, 01:09:22 AM »
Nukilik, I am fangirling you so hard right now.  Have some yuans, because it's BEAUTIFUL and AMAZING and ADORABLE and why is this ship so pretty?  I love how she's just so chipper and Ty Lee and O HAI!!! =D and he's all bashful and sweet and how is something that isn't Kataang giving me this many fluffy feels?

*goes to write ficlets*

Offline Nukilik

• Naive Fools Club!
  • Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 97
  • http://25.media.tumblr.com/9030ce0b1e02557e0cf2b56
« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2013, 01:10:53 AM »
XD

Apparently the Melon Lord Approves!

Sorry. Had to. But seriously, the ship deserves fanart howcomeZutarahassomuchandnonethoughtofthisbefore? :p

*goes back to work*
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 01:14:03 AM by Nukilik »

• Naive Fools Club
  • Knockout!
    • My tumblr
« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2013, 01:20:23 AM »
I need to make a Melon Lord reaction gif for when I love something... now the only question is whether to use the actual Melon Lord scene, or just a picture of a melon...

howcomeZutarahassomuchandnonethoughtofthisbefore?

Well, it probably doesn't help that Teo Lee never had the chance to interact in canon even though circumstances could very easily have brought them together in the aftermath of the war and Zutara spent a lot of time attempting to kill each other even before he finally pulled his head out of his arse and they became friends.

But really, Teo Lee is such a good idea, I don't know how no one has run with it before now!

Offline Nukilik

• Naive Fools Club!
  • Round 2!
« Reply #43 on: January 13, 2013, 01:26:16 AM »
True. Zutara is still way less... "cracky" considering Teo and Ty Lee never met in canon. Still, this deserves more love and it's weird no one thought of it before :p

Yay I helped flooding the Teo lee tag :D :D :D
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 01:31:59 AM by Nukilik »

• Naive Fools Club
  • Knockout!
    • My tumblr
« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2013, 01:54:23 AM »
Yeah, at least Zuko and Katara were actually in the same scene... but hey, we always have Zuko's coronation. At least they were within ten feet of each other then.  And considering her new role as a member of the Kyoshi warriors and the fact that I've always thought Teo must have inherited at least some of his father's inventive talent (thereby making himself very much in demand in a rapidly-changing world), their paths could very easily cross at a later time.

EDIT:

Can I just say that I love that this thread has more comments than the entire child board for both Tokka and Sukka? That fills me with irrational joy.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 03:58:37 AM by The Melon Lord Approves »

• Naive Fools Club
  • Knockout!
    • My tumblr
« Reply #45 on: January 13, 2013, 08:17:12 AM »
Hey, when a ship is good, a ship is good.

Also, my Pema reflection piece (featuring Teo Lee) is just about half done. It's still quite short, but I'm just trying to make it really good. Probably won't be ready to post for a few days yet due to the new uni semester starting on Monday (oh my god that's tomorrow) but it's turning out quite nicely.

Offline Nukilik

• Naive Fools Club!
  • Round 2!
« Reply #46 on: January 13, 2013, 09:47:47 AM »
NUKILIK!!!!!!!!!!

ALL THE YUANS. Seriously, if this was a 'quick' thing, then I don't even know how good it'll be if you put some effort into it.

MELON!!!! TEO LEE HAS IT'S FIRST FANART!!!!

Well, thanks. I'm glad you think so since I blame it's existence on your post :p

Quote (selected)
Also, this is clearly the best fanon ship. Ever.

See, one of the things I like about Teo Lee is, despite being fanon, it doesn't clash with canon at all. So that you don't need to bend the original story to make it possible unlike many/most fanon ships.

Because I happen to mostly like my ATLA canon, so please don't mess with it. Thank ya!

Quote (selected)
Can I just say that I love that this thread has more comments than the entire child board for both Tokka and Sukka? That fills me with irrational joy.

Woah! You really accomplished something here :D

Now, if only this gets across Tumblr...
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 10:04:08 AM by Nukilik »

• Naive Fools Club
  • Knockout!
    • My tumblr
« Reply #47 on: January 13, 2013, 10:02:23 AM »
I'm doing my best with that. Lil ficlets and manips and random irritating fansquee posts to clog up the Teo Lee tag... it's good times, honestly.  If it actually really catches on, that could be amazing.

I have an epic-length fanfic on my back burner which will heavily feature Teo Lee saving the world (and falling for each other in the process), and I know how a reasonably well-written fanfic that skillfully crafts a romance can launch a fanon ship like nobody's business if the readership is big enough.

Quote (selected)
Also, this is clearly the best fanon ship. Ever.

See, one of the things I like about Teo Lee is, despite being fanon, it doesn't clash with canon at all. So that you don't need to bend the original story to make it possible unlike many/most fanon ships.

Because I happen to like my ATLA canon, so please don't mess with it. Thank ya!

Exactly. Canon-compliancy is a big part of why I've almost completely stopped caring about Tokka since we found out that Toph's daughter and Sokka's nephew used to play tonsil hockey. But Teo Lee not only makes exquisite sense, it's utterly possible with ATLA canon as presented thus far.  All that would really be necessary would be circumstances to throw them together for enough time to make it happen (and the way I envision them happening, it probably would take some time to get it together... they'd be a slow boil kind of romance) and voila!
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 10:07:19 AM by The Melon Lord Approves »

Offline Schmitty

• Naive Fools Club!
  • Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 63
  • A little bit crazy, and proud of it!
« Reply #48 on: January 13, 2013, 11:17:42 AM »
I wouldn't say I ship this just yet, but I just want to take a moment to congratulate Melon. Captain of the SS Teo Lee, and successfully convincing people to come aboard.
Spread the Katara angle!

ATLA Keeps: The Taunting Fish (114), Katara's Blushes, Aang's Energybending, The Kataango, Sokka and Aang's Bromance
TLOK Keeps: Aang's Beard, Katara's importance of family, Kya's sass, Bumi's facial hair, Vacation Tenzin

• Naive Fools Club
  • Knockout!
    • My tumblr
« Reply #49 on: January 13, 2013, 06:56:40 PM »
Firstly... awwww. I feel special.
Secondly..

Can I be first mate?

Yes. Yes you can.

Offline Spruce

• They don't think it be like it is...
  • Chi Blocker
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 150
  • ...but it do
« Reply #50 on: January 13, 2013, 07:09:23 PM »
As current captain of the SS The Doph, I send you hail, fair winds and following seas.
The best posts I ever made were the ones I didn't make.

• Naive Fools Club
  • Knockout!
    • My tumblr
« Reply #51 on: January 13, 2013, 07:10:05 PM »
And same to you, Captain Spruce!

Then will I, first mate Shiney, together with my noble Captain Melon of the SS Teo Lee, sail across the wide ocean that is the battle field of this fandom. On our honorable ship, will we convince every sailor or to join our floating boat, and destroy every single rival ship in the process.

We may not have cannons - but we will sure bomb you.

I feel like the only rival ships we have are Harulee and Tyzula.  And the only one that's really taken seriously by more than an extremely tiny fraction of the fan-base is Tyzula. Which I guess I can understand, because Ty Lee is very seriously the only person to ever love Azula unconditionally, but personally I take that complicated relationship for what it is rather than getting all femslash about it...

Basically, unlike other non-canon ships, we really don't have rival pairings that were lovingly crafted and developed in the series.

• Naive Fools Club
  • Knockout!
    • My tumblr
« Reply #52 on: January 13, 2013, 07:26:13 PM »
Yep, pretty much. Although Grey Delisle would love for us to think otherwise.

The only reason I can see Harulee happening would be because Haru is just another prettyboy, just like Ty Lee always goes for (and we've seen how well that's worked out for her in the past)...  and Ty Lee has a braid like Katara so Haru would like that because Bad Reasons For Ship.

Oh god. Why is my brain concocting scenarios where Ty Lee and Haru are together, Haru proceeds to ditch her for Katara (who couldn't care less because she's way too busy sucking face with the Avatar to notice Haru's attempts to impress her), Ty Lee is left heartbroken and then Teo swoops in to save the day and appreciate her for the amazing person she is instead of just her hawtness...  it's such a cliche'd plot, but my brain will not ignore it. At all.

I have a bad feeling I'm going to end up writing this... and it's probably going to suck.

• Naive Fools Club
  • Knockout!
    • My tumblr
« Reply #53 on: January 13, 2013, 07:43:50 PM »
The Harulee-becomes-Teo Lee fic will probably be a two- or three-shot.  I'm gonna take a break from Ch6 of Fireflight and the Pema-as-daughter-of-Teo Lee ficlet and try to get the first chapter up by tonight.  It'll be on tumblr and ffnet (and maybe even here, too) by this evening sometime.

And my epic-length Kataang, Teo Lee, Mai/Ruling the FN fic will be something that I'll just kinda write in the background and when it's about half-done I'll start posting it.  And then the whole world will ship Teo Lee because you have no idea what a decent, long fic can do for a fanon ship until you see it in action (and believe me, I have, in other fandoms).
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 07:45:36 PM by The Melon Lord Approves »

• Naive Fools Club
  • Knockout!
    • My tumblr
« Reply #54 on: January 13, 2013, 07:57:33 PM »
We can definitely have Toph the shipper. I have a feeling that Ty Lee's gonna be too pissed and sad that her boyfriend ditched her for the sake of trying to break up her OTP to do much shipping (until Teo fixes up that broken heart, of course).

Also, may I just say that my head is conjuring up an image of Ty Lee doing a handstand on the arms of Teo's wheelchair, giving him an upside-down Spider-man kiss and it's absolutely adorable?

But yeah, await the first part of the Teo Lee two- and/or three-shot sometime tonight (for clarification it's about 2 pm my time, since I know you're on the other side of the Pond, Shiney).

• Naive Fools Club
  • Knockout!
    • My tumblr
« Reply #55 on: January 13, 2013, 10:50:17 PM »
I could see Ty Lee being slightly jealous (if that's even a feeling she posses?) over the fact that Kataang is so happy. Not envy, but more like "I wish I had that" - and then comes Teo.

Yessssss I can envision that. Especially because the guy that she liked so much in canon had zero interest in her.

EDIT:

The first chapter is posted.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 06:36:05 AM by The Melon Lord Approves »

• Naive Fools Club
  • Knockout!
    • My tumblr
« Reply #56 on: January 14, 2013, 08:16:39 AM »
Writing Haru- even Haru as seen through Ty Lee's memories and reflections- is surprisingly hard. Because, um, don't hate me for this, but I never felt like Haru actually had a personality.  He was pretty to look at and a very nice sort of person, but he always seemed so... bland.

Oh well. Ty Lee's gonna get herself a man with a bit of pizzazz...

• Naive Fools Club
  • Knockout!
    • My tumblr
« Reply #57 on: January 14, 2013, 08:33:11 AM »
He's had even less screen time than Teo, and even less where he showed prominent personality. So, keeping him overall nice should be enough.

Firstly- you're probably right.

Secondly- At least in Teo's short amount of screen time, we got to learn an awful lot about him. All we really got from Haru's episode was that he's a nice, well-meaning guy who loves his family and maybe has something of a rebellious streak. But even though Teo was only around for a slightly longer time, somehow we still learned a lot more about him. His actions said a lot- and really did mark him as a steward of the Air Nomad spirit. He was high-spirited, empathetic, humble, intelligent (clearly got that from his father!), very attuned to spiritual matters whether he realized it or not, and had a great sense of humor.

Oh man he is so perfect for Ty Lee!  They just complement each other so well.

• Naive Fools Club
  • Knockout!
    • My tumblr
« Reply #58 on: January 14, 2013, 08:53:35 AM »
Haru would probably be more like one of the boys in "The Beach".

I always feel so bad for Ty Lee during that scene at the Jersey Shore Ruon-Jian's house when all the guys are completely ganging up on her and demanding that she choose one. I know it's played for laffs, but that still sucks. Yeah, she encouraged them at the start, because it's really easy for Ty Lee to use people and not even realize that she's doing it because she just loves their attention and doesn't always see the situation so clearly, but when you consider the fact that this probably wasn't something that happened just once for her- that she literally has to physically fight off hordes of excessively persistent would-be suitors... well, you start to feel really bad for her.

Yet another reason why Teo would be a good match for her: he's not pushy. He can be showy and clever and awesome and eye-catching when he wants to, but from what we've seen, he's much more laid back than your typical hormone-driven teenager.

• Naive Fools Club
  • Knockout!
    • My tumblr
« Reply #59 on: January 14, 2013, 09:17:52 AM »
I think Aang would be a hardcore Teo Lee shipper.  He recognized something of himself in Teo pretty quickly, and I think as he gets to know Ty Lee as something other than the peppy girl with the quick fists, he might very well recognize the airbender spirit in her as well. And in his deeply romantic heart, I think he wouldn't be able to help thinking these two friends of his would make a very sweet couple.

And as for Katara, she just kind of ships her friends/happiness, so while I don't think it would be a thought that would occur to her before it happened, once it actually did she would be a big fan. Katara is the biggest canon shipper ever.

CREDITS:

Forum coded by Seluna
Logo illustrations courtesy of terrik_zion and Seluna.
-----

Enjoy the site?
You can donate to help with hosting and maintenance costs!

-----

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:

The Korra Connection is an unofficial, non-profit fansite made by fans. It is in no way affiliated with Nickelodeon, Viacom, creators Bryan Konietzko and Michael Dante DiMartino or anything else related to the Avatar: The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra or related franchises. All ownership rights are respected by the staff of this site and no copyright infringement is intended.