Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter google youtube

Author Topic: Teo Lee General Discussion  (Read 31217 times)

Offline The Melon Lord Approves

• Naive Fools Club
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 121
  • World's Biggest FAangirl
    • My tumblr
Re: Teo Lee
« Reply #80 on: January 16, 2013, 07:26:05 PM »
Exactly. One of the things that I love the most about ATLA (and to a lesser extent LoK) is that it really underlines that, just as there is no one right way to be a woman, there is no one right way to be a man.  You've got a guy like Aang, who is very in touch with more "feminine" traits, but is certainly not un-masculine. You've got Sokka, the meat and sarcasm tough guy who loves shopping to an unhealthy degree. You've got stoic and surly angry guy Zuko. You've got wise old men and crazy old men and stern old men. You've got the geeky, high-spirited son of an inventor with the mind of a mechanic, and big tough guys who aren't the brightest, and warriors and cabbage merchants and fancy noblemen and kings who talk to their pets (and in some cases have rather co-dependent relationships with them).

And all of that is okay.  Everybody is comfortable in their own skin, no one ever wishes to be other than they are, because who they are is just fine. There's nothing wrong with Aang, who has a soft spot for animals and regularly saves the world and makes jewelry out of wildflowers and is nice to everybody. Don't try to force him into your narrow-minded perception of what masculinity should look like.

Same goes for everybody else.

Offline Nightcrawler

• Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 52
  • sig via tumblr, icon by delanynder
« Reply #81 on: January 16, 2013, 09:13:06 PM »
This ship. I could see it happening. And I think I like it. I still can't fully decided. But so far it's sounding good. And I like idea of them being Pema's parents too.

I used to ship Teo/Toph a looong time ago. Like before I even understood reasons as to why two characters should be together. I don't even remember why I used to ship them. But The Doph is my ship for Toph now.

Teo Lee would be pretty awesome to see happening though.

Everyone's story begins once upon a time...and it's up to us to cherish the time we're given to ensure we live happily ever after.

• Naive Fools Club
  • Knockout!
    • My tumblr
« Reply #82 on: January 16, 2013, 10:38:02 PM »
It's deeply unlikely that we'll ever get any confirmation for Teo Lee, but I love it very much.

Stay tuned to my Almost Airbenders fic, Nightcrawler.  I should finish that within a month (I would promise it as a complete whole sooner, but busyyyyyyyyy), and although it's very light-hearted and won't probably go super deep into the levels of awesome that is Teo Lee, it should be a decent introduction to Why Everyone And Their Sister Should Ship This.

Offline Cowboy Colt

• We are free to stuggle but we are not stuggling to be free.
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 231
  • Comparison is the death of contentedness
    • www.fanfiction.net
« Reply #83 on: January 16, 2013, 10:55:00 PM »
I just did a search for Teo Lee fan art and I could find none.

keeps and quotes (click to show/hide)
 ATLA keeps: Kataang lovemaking, "MY CABBAGES " line, Aangs quiet badassness
Main theme (click to show/hide)
[
Elevation requires separation.

Be thankful for each day that you have.

Member of the league of butts-Guardian's of the Markiplier fandom.

• Naive Fools Club
  • Knockout!
    • My tumblr
« Reply #84 on: January 17, 2013, 04:36:03 AM »
That's because the ship was invented all of two weeks ago.  BUT if you go on tumblr and search the Teo Lee tag, you'll see the combined efforts of Shiney, myself, and even a cute contribution from Nukilik!

This little ship is just a baby, guys. She's just setting sail. Right now the only fanart that I know of is Nukilik's adorable little piece.  But there will be more, in time.  Even if I have to take a class myself to learn how to drawn like something other than a complete, perspective-less art n00b, there will be Teo Lee fanarts.

• Naive Fools Club
  • Knockout!
    • My tumblr
« Reply #85 on: January 17, 2013, 07:41:58 AM »
And hey, don't our sappy manips KINDA count as fan art?  Sorta?

Offline Seluna

• The Amon-istrator :|
  • Administrator
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 162
  • "Noatak-in' back!"
« Reply #86 on: January 17, 2013, 07:56:27 AM »
Which of you talented folks has some time to make a ship graphic for this lovely ship for TKC's tumblr?

I love the discussion happening here and the passion in which it's being discussed.

We usually have them say the site's name, url, and the phrase "Let your ship come rest in our dock."

But I could make one when I find the time - just thought I'd ask if anyone else wanted the job first since I'm a busy gal these days. ;)

• Naive Fools Club
  • Knockout!
    • My tumblr
« Reply #87 on: January 17, 2013, 08:07:33 AM »
I'll try to whip something up, though I gotta say my art and photoshop skillz are kind of... what's the word... lame?

I suppose we could always do a variation on the manip in my sig because that's just adorable.

Offline Seluna

• Administrator
  • Knockout!
  • "Noatak-in' back!"
« Reply #88 on: January 17, 2013, 08:14:16 AM »
Would Nukilik be cool with me using her art? I'd give credit. :) I want to give this ship some love, too.

Offline Nukilik

• Naive Fools Club!
  • Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 97
  • http://25.media.tumblr.com/9030ce0b1e02557e0cf2b56
« Reply #89 on: January 17, 2013, 03:56:45 PM »
^ Absolutely. Feel free to use it, Seluna! :D

• Naive Fools Club
  • Knockout!
    • My tumblr
« Reply #90 on: January 17, 2013, 07:57:43 PM »
Awesome-sauce!  I'm also working on another manip, if you want I can turn that into something for the TKC tumblr as well.

Offline Seluna

• Administrator
  • Knockout!
  • "Noatak-in' back!"
« Reply #91 on: January 17, 2013, 11:31:39 PM »
Sure! Keep 'em coming and I'll post them. :)

Offline Seluna

• Administrator
  • Knockout!
  • "Noatak-in' back!"
« Reply #92 on: January 18, 2013, 12:25:23 AM »
http://thekorraconnection.tumblr.com/post/40799700222/the-korra-connection-come-here-to-discuss-the

Here you go, guys! :D Graphic and tumblr post advertising this thread and all.

Offline Glitch

• Caleb
  • Waterbending Healer
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 116
  • Appreciate every mistake your friends make.
« Reply #93 on: January 18, 2013, 03:02:14 AM »
Okay. I just sat here. And I read the whole thread.

All of my yes. I am such a shipper of them now. You guys have totally convinced me. However, I am still a super multi-shipper, so I'm not gonna let go of my beloved Ty Zula ship... but I multi-ship. xD

As I read through this I had an idea for a fic but alas, I can't write it with all the things on my hands to write. I'm gonna put it in this post so I can come back to it later if I ever get caught up on fanfic writing, but until then, if anyone likes the simple idea enough you're welcome to include it. xD I can totes see them getting together, and Teo tells Ty Lee that he has a little bit of feeling in his legs and can twitch them, and always has since he was injured. She gets excited realizing that there may be hope to recover some, and using her super amazing chi-knowledge and extensive experience with bodily contortion, she helps him stretch his legs every day in unique and weird ways, and over a long period of time he begins to get more feeling in his legs and eventually can move them around some.

sfdjgsdlkjfghklsdfjghlksdjfghsdfg it would be so cute.

Anyway I am adding this ship to my list of ships. I'm on board. :}

Offline Spruce

• They don't think it be like it is...
  • Chi Blocker
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 150
  • ...but it do
« Reply #94 on: January 18, 2013, 03:04:13 AM »
That's a pretty interesting idea, Glitch.

Even in general, I think the image of Ty Lee lovingly helping her boy into bed, or something like that, is very sweet. And she's the nurturing sort who'd do it without complaint, too.
The best posts I ever made were the ones I didn't make.

Offline Glitch

• Caleb
  • Waterbending Healer
  • Knockout!
« Reply #95 on: January 18, 2013, 03:06:32 AM »
That's a pretty interesting idea, Glitch.

Even in general, I think the image of Ty Lee lovingly helping her boy into bed, or something like that, is very sweet. And she's the nurturing sort who'd do it without complaint, too.
Yes, I can just imagine all the fluff that would go into their relationship! They seem like the kind of pairing that would truly be in love with each other no matter what's on the outside... That he doesn't go after her for her beauty on the outside, and she doesn't think twice about his disability.

• Naive Fools Club
  • Knockout!
    • My tumblr
« Reply #96 on: January 18, 2013, 03:21:33 AM »
using her super amazing chi-knowledge and extensive experience with bodily contortion, she helps him stretch his legs every day in unique and weird ways, and over a long period of time he begins to get more feeling in his legs and eventually can move them around some.

O.O

Ty Lee as the original Avaverse physical therapist!?!? HEADCANON ACCEPTED.

But really, this ship... I love this ship. I love it so much. They would be amazingly sweet, and I think that's something Ty Lee would need, considering her upbringing and her role as sole confidante to notorious master manipulator Azula.  She needs someone warm and kind and fun and genuine.

Offline Spruce

• They don't think it be like it is...
  • Chi Blocker
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 150
  • ...but it do
« Reply #97 on: January 18, 2013, 03:32:32 AM »
Someone who holds her in his strong arms (built from years of pushing his wheelchair), plants a kiss on the top of her head, and lovingly whispers "good night" in her ear as she falls asleep.

As opposed to "get up early we have a lot of ground to cover or so help me I will end you". You know, from Azula.
The best posts I ever made were the ones I didn't make.

• Naive Fools Club
  • Knockout!
    • My tumblr
« Reply #98 on: January 18, 2013, 03:46:03 AM »
Someone who holds her in his strong arms (built from years of pushing his wheelchair), plants a kiss on the top of her head, and lovingly whispers "good night" in her ear as she falls asleep.

As opposed to "get up early we have a lot of ground to cover or so help me I will end you". You know, from Azula.

#1- You're right, Teo really would have strong arms. My best friend in the world is paraplegic. She is 4' 10", weighs eighty pounds, and when we were in high school, she arm-wrestled her way through the entire football squad and the wrestling team.  Made a few of them cry, too.

#2- Being with Teo would definitely be an excellent change of pace after HOW many years of being pushed around and psychologically tortured by her best friend?  Yeah, she needs a sweetie who's really going to give her some affection and put her best interests first.

Offline Glitch

• Caleb
  • Waterbending Healer
  • Knockout!
« Reply #99 on: January 19, 2013, 04:58:33 AM »
So I entered the drabble contest this week. Just finished writing this and I ended up putting my idea into action. xD
Quote (selected)
Title: First Step to a New Beginning
Author: Glitch
Rating: K+
Word Count: 400
Summary: They had met at Zuko's coronation... but they would have never guessed they'd end up as soulmates. Stretches, aerobics, and all sorts of physical therapy over the past year or two had all been leading up to this point, and for Ty Lee, it was her moment to let Teo know that perseverance can overcome any difficulty.
Note: Indeed, I have been converted to ship Teo Lee. :D

First Step to a New Beginning (click to show/hide)"Are you ready?" a soft voice inquired.

"Absolutely," was the determined reply. A young man looked down at his legs, which were laying out straightforward on the bed. There were loosened wrappings underneath them that had been recently taken off. After a long pause, he finally attempted to move. His left leg twitched, bringing a smirk. His right leg twitched; more joy. He managed to move one slightly towards the edge of the bed.

"You're doing it!" the girl exclaimed.

His leg continued sliding to the edge of the bed, and finally dropped off the side with a thud.

"Did you feel that?" She asked, wincing as she hoped he didn't.

"A little bit!" he answered. Bittersweet. His other leg followed soon enough, and he was now sitting on the edge of the bed with both legs dangling to the floor. He extended his hands to the young woman.

"Teo, are you sure you're ready for that? You've made a lot of progress already," She smiled.

"I can do this," he answered, "I haven't failed yet, I'm gonna keep going."

She grabbed his hands, concern on her face, though nonetheless supportive. He shifted his weight onto her arms and clumsily pulled himself up into a standing position. Quickly, however, and almost in a panic, he slid his arms up to her shoulders and grabbed on for support. She reached beneath his arms and around his torso to keep him from falling.

"Are you sure you can do this?"

"Ty Lee, I'm fine, I just need to stabilize myself…" he trailed off, concentrating. After adjusting his legs little by little, he tried to take a step, looking down at his feet. "Here goes…"

The boy slowly dragged his left foot forward. It slid across the ground and wouldn't normally be considered an actual step, but for him... it was something he had never accomplished before. Ty Lee took a simultaneous step as he moved, and a smile lept onto her face. She quickly looked up at Teo, ecstatic.

"You did it!" She squealed, leaping into a full-on hug, including a delightful kiss with it. The force of her leaping into the hug and the lack of support he was now receiving forced the couple to fall back onto the fluffy bed where they simply laid and laughed together as they stared at the ceiling.

It was a new beginning for Teo.
Please consider voting for my Teo Lee drabble this week in the Drabble Contest, but be sure to read through the other entries and give them a fair chance too! ^^

CREDITS:

Forum coded by Seluna
Logo illustrations courtesy of terrik_zion and Seluna.
-----

Enjoy the site?
You can donate to help with hosting and maintenance costs!

-----

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:

The Korra Connection is an unofficial, non-profit fansite made by fans. It is in no way affiliated with Nickelodeon, Viacom, creators Bryan Konietzko and Michael Dante DiMartino or anything else related to the Avatar: The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra or related franchises. All ownership rights are respected by the staff of this site and no copyright infringement is intended.