Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter google youtube

Author Topic: Teo Lee General Discussion  (Read 31492 times)

Offline Nukilik

• Naive Fools Club!
  • Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 97
  • http://25.media.tumblr.com/9030ce0b1e02557e0cf2b56
Re: Teo Lee
« Reply #60 on: January 14, 2013, 11:07:00 AM »
Oh, and yes, Katara is definitely the biggest canon shipper, and Toph the biggest fanon shipper. I'm sorry BUT I CAN NOT GET OVER THE FACT THAT Toph SHIPS Katara. It's sooo lulz.

It's just so true.

Katara tried shipping Toph once as payback, but her heart wasn't into it. Tokka is just not her OTP.

Offline Schmitty

• Naive Fools Club!
  • Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 63
  • A little bit crazy, and proud of it!
« Reply #61 on: January 14, 2013, 11:09:28 AM »
I feel sorry for Toph. Harutara, Jetara, Tokka. None of her ships are canon. Poor girl.
Spread the Katara angle!

ATLA Keeps: The Taunting Fish (114), Katara's Blushes, Aang's Energybending, The Kataango, Sokka and Aang's Bromance
TLOK Keeps: Aang's Beard, Katara's importance of family, Kya's sass, Bumi's facial hair, Vacation Tenzin

Offline Nukilik

• Naive Fools Club!
  • Round 2!
« Reply #62 on: January 14, 2013, 11:14:57 AM »
Let's not forget forget Toko. She shipped it by the end of the show.

Seriously, guys, I'm telling you. When Sokka suggested Katara kised Jet to "relive" his memory, TOPH SMILLED. A TRUE SHIPPER SMILE.

Meanwhile Aang and Katara mentally slapped Sokka :p

Offline Spruce

• They don't think it be like it is...
  • Chi Blocker
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 150
  • ...but it do
« Reply #63 on: January 14, 2013, 11:45:16 AM »
About Haru: I don't think he'd be as bad as the usual Ember Island guys, he's a bit more gentlemanly than that. But, I do still like Teo Lee more.
The best posts I ever made were the ones I didn't make.

Offline The Melon Lord Approves

• Naive Fools Club
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 121
  • World's Biggest FAangirl
    • My tumblr
« Reply #64 on: January 14, 2013, 04:40:19 PM »
Yeah, Haru would definitely not be pushy like the EI playas (see what I did there? And the puns get even better if you speak Spanish... ooh, triple threat tri-pun!), but I think he definitely has that earthbender tendency to just go for what he wants when he makes up his mind to do so.

• Naive Fools Club
  • Knockout!
    • My tumblr
« Reply #65 on: January 14, 2013, 10:31:34 PM »
Exactly! Earth and Fire mesh well... but Ty Lee's not really all that much of a Fire Nation personality, now is she?  She's Airbender on the outside (because let's face it, she could not look more like an airbender if she tried), Fire Nation in the middle, and then deep down underneath that little layer of Fire Nationishness, she's got more Airbender at the center.

And Teo is the same way, but replace "Fire Nation" with "Earth Kingdom."  So again, we've got just enough Earth to blend nicely with the Fire in her, but Teo is more of an Air Nomad at heart, just like she is, and thus complements her much better.

Offline Spruce

• Chi Blocker
  • Knockout!
  • ...but it do
« Reply #66 on: January 15, 2013, 12:43:57 AM »
I bet they have beautiful children who are as sweet as them...

...oh.

Right... (click to show/hide)

• Naive Fools Club
  • Knockout!
    • My tumblr
« Reply #67 on: January 15, 2013, 01:03:04 AM »
I bet they have beautiful children who are as sweet as them...

...oh.

Right... (click to show/hide)

Ain't that the truth...

Offline Cowboy Colt

• We are free to stuggle but we are not stuggling to be free.
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 231
  • Comparison is the death of contentedness
    • www.fanfiction.net
« Reply #68 on: January 15, 2013, 01:05:47 AM »
Now that I look at her it's kind of weird how much Pema resembles Ty-Lee and Teo.

keeps and quotes (click to show/hide)
 ATLA keeps: Kataang lovemaking, "MY CABBAGES " line, Aangs quiet badassness
Main theme (click to show/hide)
[
Elevation requires separation.

Be thankful for each day that you have.

Member of the league of butts-Guardian's of the Markiplier fandom.

• Naive Fools Club
  • Knockout!
    • My tumblr
« Reply #69 on: January 15, 2013, 01:46:24 AM »
Isn't it?  It cannot just be a coincidence. Bryyyyyyyke, make it canooooooonnnnnnn!!!!  *whines*

Seriously, the more you look at her, the more you freak out over the resemblances.  I mean. HER HAIR.  It's the same color as Ty Lee's, but you can tell, from that little tuft at the front that doesn't quite get pulled back with the rest, that she has Teo's crazy messy hair.  And her face.  Same soft features as Ty Lee, but maybe a little bit longer and leaner, like Teo.  Those eyes... Teo's eyes, exactly, very pretty EK hazel. And you can completely tell that when she's not massively pregnant, she's just a tiny little slip of a thing, much like Ty Lee.

And Ty Lee's personality is exquisitely manifested in little Ikki, and Rohan has the eyes of course...
I hate how plausible and amazing this headcanon is, because if it gets shot down in flames by Season 2, I'm really gonna be devastated.  On the other hand, if it DOESN'T get shot down in flames (or better yet, ends up being canon as -censored-), it will be a supremely cathartic and triumphant moment for me.

• Naive Fools Club
  • Knockout!
    • My tumblr
« Reply #70 on: January 15, 2013, 08:03:38 AM »
I'll be co-host for this grim banquet, should it become necessary.

But honestly, as much as it would hurt if they shot down the Pema-as-Teo Lee-baby headcanon, as long as they leave Teo Lee itself intact, I should be able to endure that, emotionally.

• Naive Fools Club
  • Knockout!
    • My tumblr
« Reply #71 on: January 15, 2013, 06:25:24 PM »
You are quite possibly right.

I'm just hoping that nothing happens with Ty Lee in The Search that could contradict the inevitable existence of Teo Lee.  Then again, who knows if she'll even show up aside from that one appearance with Azula in the beginning...

• Naive Fools Club
  • Knockout!
    • My tumblr
« Reply #72 on: January 15, 2013, 07:13:16 PM »
Indeed. Without a knife to the gut or a (metaphorical) ring to the finger, Teo Lee is still possible at any time.

Offline Nukilik

• Naive Fools Club!
  • Round 2!
« Reply #73 on: January 15, 2013, 07:44:20 PM »
Imagine if teo and Ty lee are both in the comic.

Oh, if Teo and Ty lee  MEET:

If Teo and Ty Lee TALK:

If Teo and Ty lee kiss: You can wake up now. You were reading a fanfic and fell asleep XD
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 07:53:16 PM by Nukilik »

• Naive Fools Club
  • Knockout!
    • My tumblr
« Reply #74 on: January 15, 2013, 07:49:43 PM »
Nukilik, that right there earns you some yuans.

Anyway, their search very well might take them to the Earth Kingdom. Possibly the northwestern Earth Kingdom, which seems like a logical place for Ursa to hide out. That's near the Air Temple (although, who knows if Teo even went back to the temple? Maybe he likes seeing the world and traveling a bit) and it's not impossible to imagine that if Ty Lee turns up in the company of our main band of heroes (and maybe she might... after all, she's gotta feel compelled to try to stick close to Azula), they might encounter each other by chance or... well...

Oh I love hate how plausible it all is.

Offline Spruce

• Chi Blocker
  • Knockout!
  • ...but it do
« Reply #75 on: January 15, 2013, 09:54:36 PM »
I don't know if I see them making this straight canon, but I can absolutely see them having the two characters meet and Ty Lee being like "you're cute :D!" in her typical flirty manner. She might like, hop into his lap (with an acrobat move, 'natch) and throw her arms around him even, and Suki has to drag her off by the ear.

• Naive Fools Club
  • Knockout!
    • My tumblr
« Reply #76 on: January 16, 2013, 03:24:30 AM »
Dude, I don't even care. If Teo showed up somehow (which is not impossible. I mean... they had Sneers as a main character in The Promise, and he appeared in one scene in one episode) in The Search, I would completely be happy with the two of them in the same panel. Not even interacting. Just in the same panel.

And if the two of them actually met for real and not just "we are in the same place at the same time" like they were at Zuko's coronation... *mind blown*

• Naive Fools Club
  • Knockout!
    • My tumblr
« Reply #77 on: January 16, 2013, 07:56:12 AM »
It's not outside the realm of possibility for Teo Lee to be canon-destined.

I mean, everyone thought Linzin was utter crack and would never, ever happen, either... and then it became canon and everyone was like OMGWTFBBQ!!!!!1!!

And Teo Lee, when you think about it, is exactly up Bryke's alley. It's precisely the kind of pairing they would love to itty bitty bits. So even if it never becomes canon, as long as we never get anything that contradicts it, I'm going to assume that it actually IS canon in that it's what Bryke envisioned.

Also, you know what weirds me out?  Teo/Toph.  Huh? I've read a few Kataang pieces that had Teo and Toph as a background pairing and it was so bizarre. It was like literally the only logic behind the pairing was "Well, she's blind and he's paraplegic so obviously they can understand each other!"  Except... no. It's like mini-Taang (airbender in spirit if not in bending ability, paired with the master earthbender). Only it's lacking all the things which actually make Taang even REMOTELY possible (and it really is an incredibly distant, amazingly remote, implausible possibility that would require an Act of God to induce).

It just incites a whole lot of LOLWHUT feelings in me.

• Naive Fools Club
  • Knockout!
    • My tumblr
« Reply #78 on: January 16, 2013, 08:15:54 AM »
Poor Toph. I think she's the new Katara. Now that Katara has a canonically-established happily ever after with the man of her dreams, someone else has to be the girl who gets shipped with everybody.  And at present, it's sort of a three-way war between Toph, Korra, and- surprisingly- Ursa to find out who that's gonna be.  Seriously, I see Toph paired with everybody and it's weird, but Teo/Toph has got to be the absolute weirdest (and kind of insulting... I mean, my BFF is wheelchair-bound, but she's not gonna go jump a blind guy just because he can "understand her better" because of his disability or some other such nonsense, which is usually how Teoph is played).

Teo needs to have somebody who's going to A) not just tolerate or put up with, but appreciate his inquisitiveness and scientific mind and B) not run roughshod all over him.  Ty Lee has a huge personality, but she complements the people she's around, rather than dominating them. I wonder how much of that comes from living most of her life in Azula's shadow. One way or another, she's really good at appreciating the very best of people and accepting the worst of them, and she's also very good at being herself without totally overrunning the whole atmosphere of the group.

She'd be just as good for Teo as he would be for her.

• Naive Fools Club
  • Knockout!
    • My tumblr
« Reply #79 on: January 16, 2013, 04:33:42 PM »
The only time I've ever appreciated Toph being shipped with an airbender (or airbender-type personality) is Yonten in The Avatar's Love. Because even though he is a very airbendery airbender, he also does not appreciate her tendency to run right over him and tells her so. He sticks up for himself and calls her on it and doesn't let her push him around.

For some reason, it's not okay to be a soft guy. If you're too nice or gentle, you need to be "manned" up, and for some reason, Toph should be the one doing that.

No, I'll stick with Kataang and Teo Lee where Teo and Aang can be happy as the nice guys they are.

Yep, and it's a sad, sad commentary on the state of western society that this is the case. I hate it, for a lot of reasons but also because kind, gentle guys are exactly the type of man I'm attracted to, and we live in a social climate that actively tries to squash that.  Softheartedness does not equate to a lack of masculinity.

I'm with you, Shiney. Let's give these kind, gentle boys over to the girls who will love them just exactly how they are and not try to force a change on them.

CREDITS:

Forum coded by Seluna
Logo illustrations courtesy of terrik_zion and Seluna.
-----

Enjoy the site?
You can donate to help with hosting and maintenance costs!

-----

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:

The Korra Connection is an unofficial, non-profit fansite made by fans. It is in no way affiliated with Nickelodeon, Viacom, creators Bryan Konietzko and Michael Dante DiMartino or anything else related to the Avatar: The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra or related franchises. All ownership rights are respected by the staff of this site and no copyright infringement is intended.