Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter google youtube

Author Topic: What made you start shipping Kataang?  (Read 9076 times)

Offline HoneyBadger

• Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 32
  • I have a problem for your solution
Re: What made you start shipping Kataang?
« Reply #60 on: March 03, 2014, 04:01:50 AM »
season 2 episode 2

Offline Schmitty

• Naive Fools Club!
  • Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 63
  • A little bit crazy, and proud of it!
« Reply #61 on: March 03, 2014, 05:00:38 AM »
season 2 episode 2
I think that was definitely a deal sealer for a lot of people, and for good reason too.
Spread the Katara angle!

ATLA Keeps: The Taunting Fish (114), Katara's Blushes, Aang's Energybending, The Kataango, Sokka and Aang's Bromance
TLOK Keeps: Aang's Beard, Katara's importance of family, Kya's sass, Bumi's facial hair, Vacation Tenzin

Offline Bolinfangirl

• Pro-bending Fan
  • Championship Pot: 5
« Reply #62 on: June 10, 2014, 09:15:45 PM »
I think I started falling in love with the pairing in the Cave of two Lovers, than I started liking it even more as book three moved on, they had a lot of cute moments in that season.

Offline Die.Toets

• Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 13
« Reply #63 on: June 03, 2015, 04:34:34 AM »
It all happened in the Cave of Two Lovers and that's what all began and even though of my ignorance of the cartoon for not being anime and well it is anime. :D

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 214
  • I'm Fenix and don't you forget it!!
« Reply #64 on: June 04, 2015, 12:20:13 AM »
It all happened in the Cave of Two Lovers and that's what all began and even though of my ignorance of the cartoon for not being anime and well it is anime. :D

It's not anime.

Extraordinarily awesome sig by Zevinja!!

Offline wherewulf

• Councilman wherewulf / Moderator
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 130
« Reply #65 on: June 04, 2015, 06:42:22 PM »
(checks back to see if I've answered this)

(haven't)

Hmm.  Wonder how the heck I did that?

Anyway, off the top of my head, I don't remember one particular episode where I started shipping Kataang; "Cave of Two Lovers" is probably part of it, along with "The Fortuneteller".  I started shipping them when I realized that a good, healthy friendship was growing between the two of them, and it was clear Aang was interested in Katara and Katara was, well, sorting through exactly how she felt about Aang.  I think it probably accented things when Sokka accidentally (or at least allegedly accidentally :D) kept getting in the way at exactly the wrong moment.  It was horrible.  It was enticing.  :D

I too don't ship Kataang as much as I used to--not because I care about those two any less, but because their relationship is an established fact.  There is no maybe about it anymore, nothing unrequited about it.

And I am so glad to see you back, Roy.  XD

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
« Reply #66 on: June 06, 2015, 04:56:10 AM »
Thanks! With the move and everything my family and I didn't have internet for almost two weeks. I used 4G a bit here and there, but not much cuz I didn't want my dad to have to deal with extra cost.

I'm surprised I didn't answer this either. For me it was the episode, Kyoshi Warriors. I didn't latch on to the idea of Kataang at the beginning for some reason despite the blatant hints at it and the shipping radar in my head usually picking up anything I might like at top speed. No, instead it took a couple episodes. First there was Aang trying to get Katara's attention, I was a teeny bit intrigued but it wasn't enough to satisfy my needs. Nothing Aang tried to do really spoke to me, I thought it was cute and all but it wasn't quite enough. Still I said I was intrigued, I was paying more attention to the reactions throughout the episode thanks to Aang's obvious crush. Then Aang started acting all cocky around the many little girls and it bugged Katara, and that was when my radar started going off. ATLA had my complete attention after that, I was like "okay, I kinda dig this, will this go the way I think it will and will I like it?" Turns out I did because as soon as we got to the cheek kiss Bryke had me bowing down to their greatness. I liked the potential and if done right Kataang could be absolutely beautiful. After that I was an avid shipper and completely obsessed with the ship and the show. I surfed the web desperately for other fans, I perused the Nick.com messageboards, I collected the nick.com Avatar cards, made sure not to miss any episodes, even got my bro into it.

And everything was history. Avatar became my favorite TV show and still to this day is. It opened a lot of doors into other things I love now, such as anime. It shaped the rest of my life, my interests, my school life, my adult life even, it impacted my love of writing, etc. And it was all thanks to my love for Kataang. I mean I liked Avatar when I first watched it, but I loved the show on a whole new level because of Warriors of Kyoshi.

Offline wherewulf

• Knockout!
« Reply #67 on: June 06, 2015, 01:20:12 PM »
You even got your bro into it.  Now that is a real shipper.  :D

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
« Reply #68 on: June 06, 2015, 11:58:23 PM »
Well I didn't get him into the ship or anything, he's not the romance type, but I got him to love the show.

Offline wherewulf

• Knockout!
« Reply #69 on: June 09, 2015, 06:32:27 PM »
Well, that's a first step, I suppose.  Hopefully the rest will come to him in time.  :D

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
« Reply #70 on: June 09, 2015, 08:28:48 PM »
It won't, I know my brother. He's the type to make a joke during any romantic tension scene, which I like because then it's not as awkward watching those scenes with him. Personally It'd just be bizarre if he was into that type of stuff, my bro's just fine the way he is. I got him into a show I deeply loved for many reasons and it was another thing we could bond over, as long as he appreciated the art, the action, and the plot that's enough for me cuz I enjoy all that as well.

CREDITS:

Forum coded by Seluna
Logo illustrations courtesy of terrik_zion and Seluna.
-----

Enjoy the site?
You can donate to help with hosting and maintenance costs!

-----

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:

The Korra Connection is an unofficial, non-profit fansite made by fans. It is in no way affiliated with Nickelodeon, Viacom, creators Bryan Konietzko and Michael Dante DiMartino or anything else related to the Avatar: The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra or related franchises. All ownership rights are respected by the staff of this site and no copyright infringement is intended.