Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter google youtube

Author Topic: Will you be watching Book 2 of Korra?  (Read 8631 times)

Offline KL125

• Lover of Fantasy
  • Waterbending Healer
  • Pro-bending Fan
  • Championship Pot: 7
  • Do you hear the people sing?
    • My tumblr
Re: Will you be watching Book 2 of Korra?
« Reply #80 on: January 09, 2013, 07:31:32 PM »
Then again, this is a Nick show, so I assume everyone is gonna remain 'teenagers' till the end. Cause you can't have your protagonist be adults if you want the target audience to watch it :/

Ifsocanweatleasthaveflashbacksofthegaangontheiradultyears?
Both Nick and Disney have a tendency to keep the protagonists and supporting characters around the same age for extended periods of time, which always confuses me. I also would like small flashbacks. Only when necessary of course. Not too many, because then the show would no longer be about Korra and her life, but some would be nice.

Sig and Avvie by me!

Team Tag by quidditchchick004

Extras! (click to show/hide)
Sig by me.

Offline Nukilik

• Naive Fools Club!
  • Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 97
  • http://25.media.tumblr.com/9030ce0b1e02557e0cf2b56
« Reply #81 on: January 09, 2013, 07:35:26 PM »
^ Yeah. It's not weird in a single, continuous story like ATLA, but when you're telling four independent stories, it'd feel kinda wierd having them all happen in such a short period of time.

Offline KL125

• Lover of Fantasy
  • Waterbending Healer
  • Pro-bending Fan
  • Championship Pot: 7
  • Do you hear the people sing?
    • My tumblr
« Reply #82 on: January 09, 2013, 07:46:38 PM »
Having at least some time gap helps the stories make so much more sense in the long run. I mean you cannot just have something life threatening happen every week.

Sig and Avvie by me!

Team Tag by quidditchchick004

Extras! (click to show/hide)
Sig by me.

Offline A6

• Airbending Guru
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 230
  • avvie by Water Lily
« Reply #83 on: January 10, 2013, 03:56:26 PM »
Then again, this is a Nick show, so I assume everyone is gonna remain 'teenagers' till the end. Cause you can't have your protagonist be adults if you want the target audience to watch it :/

While I agree in general, if you look across this forum it seems like a pretty good number people think Lin and Tenzin are the best characters in the series compared to the Krew, or are at least viewed as essential as the examples for the Krew to follow/look up to. :)
signatures - gift from my talented friends Water Lily and Honey Badger :3

Offline Nukilik

• Naive Fools Club!
  • Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 97
  • http://25.media.tumblr.com/9030ce0b1e02557e0cf2b56
« Reply #84 on: January 10, 2013, 06:44:09 PM »
While I agree in general, if you look across this forum it seems like a pretty good number people think Lin and Tenzin are the best characters in the series compared to the Krew, or are at least viewed as essential as the examples for the Krew to follow/look up to. :)

Oh, so do I. Im not saying that the older fans agree with this view. Honestly I don`t even know if it holds up on a practical sense, at the end of the day, audience-wise.

What I mean is that the Nick higher ups would probably frown, or hesitate a bit, towards having an older leading cast (much like we know they did towards having a  non-white girl starring an action show). It may be seen as clashing with the standard or with their intended target audience (which is still young kids ages 8-11 as far as I recall, and mainly boys). So thats something to keep in mind.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 07:42:01 PM by Nukilik »

Offline A6

• Airbending Guru
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 230
  • avvie by Water Lily
« Reply #85 on: January 10, 2013, 06:58:36 PM »
Yep. I get it.  Good logic.  :)
signatures - gift from my talented friends Water Lily and Honey Badger :3

CREDITS:

Forum coded by Seluna
Logo illustrations courtesy of terrik_zion and Seluna.
-----

Enjoy the site?
You can donate to help with hosting and maintenance costs!

-----

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:

The Korra Connection is an unofficial, non-profit fansite made by fans. It is in no way affiliated with Nickelodeon, Viacom, creators Bryan Konietzko and Michael Dante DiMartino or anything else related to the Avatar: The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra or related franchises. All ownership rights are respected by the staff of this site and no copyright infringement is intended.