Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter google youtube

Author Topic: Gaming and Tech Culture Rules  (Read 613 times)

Offline Lionheart

• Task Force
  • Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 52
  • Taking out the dregs of humanity since 1917.
    • My FF.net
Gaming and Tech Culture Rules
« on: November 17, 2012, 07:34:55 AM »
We gamers are a passionate bunch. Opinions will generally be very firm and you are free to express them. However, that doesn't mean that there aren't any restrictions.

1. Respect your fellow gamers. Everyone's entitled to express their opinion but it should be done so in a respectful manner. Bashing games or certain genres of games is okay but you gotta give a reason as to why you don't like it.

Bad ex.: I hate those Cooking/Gardening Mama games. They're stupid/they suck.

Good ex.: I hate those Cooking/Gardening Mama games because I find them disrespectful to women and stereotyping of Japanese (if it's possible to stereotype against your own culture).

2. Mark your spoilers. If you're discussing the story of a game and an important plot point comes up, put it in spoiler tags by hitting that little button to the left of the youtube icon. Also if you're discussing game strategy, put the the helpful hints in spoilers because there may be people who want to figure things out for themselves.

3. If you have information about a new game, always post a link to a source in the original post or in your reply.
Rumors are fun to discuss but if it's a thread about a new game or console, a source should be posted. It doesn't have to be official. If plot points are revealed, refer to rule number 2.

4. Like in the Avatar-related forums, respect people's shipping preferences. This should be self-explanatory but while shipping discussions  and debates make for good topics, ship bashing will NOT be tolerated. There's a difference beteween criticism and bashing. You should know where the line is.

If any mod wants to add to this, go ahead.
Set by Waterlady

CREDITS:

Forum coded by Seluna
Logo illustrations courtesy of terrik_zion and Seluna.
-----

Enjoy the site?
You can donate to help with hosting and maintenance costs!

-----

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:

The Korra Connection is an unofficial, non-profit fansite made by fans. It is in no way affiliated with Nickelodeon, Viacom, creators Bryan Konietzko and Michael Dante DiMartino or anything else related to the Avatar: The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra or related franchises. All ownership rights are respected by the staff of this site and no copyright infringement is intended.