10 (17.2%)
LOVED it
1 (1.7%)
Liked it
3 (5.2%)
Disliked it
2 (3.4%)

Total Members Voted: 57

Author Topic: What did you think of 'The Last Airbender'?  (Read 16731 times)

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 214
  • I'm Fenix and don't you forget it!!
Re: What did you think of this movie?
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2012, 04:39:02 AM »
I hated it, hated it, hated it. But at least I enjoyed making fun of it with my brother. Honestly I think I would've disliked it whether I was an Avatar fan or not. It was bad from a fan perspective and a movie goer perspective.

Extraordinarily awesome sig by Zevinja!!

Offline Nightcrawler

• Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 52
  • sig via tumblr, icon by delanynder
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2012, 03:47:03 AM »
It was a crowning moment of M Night's career. The moment when he realized it was over.
Haha! That much is true.

Everyone's story begins once upon a time...and it's up to us to cherish the time we're given to ensure we live happily ever after.

Offline MasterFirebender84

• Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 41
  • It's time for this world to end in fire!
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2012, 03:53:11 AM »
Do not even get me started on this movie. I could go one for weeks about just how this movie gets everything wrong.

And the "Firebending" - Dear God, do not even let me get started on that abomination. I literally fume with anger anytime "Firebending" is used or talked about in that movie.

Fire is the element of power. The people of the Fire Nation have desire and will, and the energy and drive to achieve what they want.

- General Iroh, the Dragon of the West -

Offline Nightcrawler

• Round 2!
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2012, 04:03:30 AM »
That and the earthbending. I can't even--

Everyone's story begins once upon a time...and it's up to us to cherish the time we're given to ensure we live happily ever after.

Offline MasterFirebender84

• Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 41
  • It's time for this world to end in fire!
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2012, 04:06:33 AM »
That and the earthbending. I can't even--

That wasn't Earthbending. That was Pebblebending.

Fire is the element of power. The people of the Fire Nation have desire and will, and the energy and drive to achieve what they want.

- General Iroh, the Dragon of the West -

Offline Cassidy Alice

• "Laughter's the best medicine!"
  • Task Force
  • Winner!
  • Championship Pot: 262
    • Cassidy's Fanfiction
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2012, 04:09:51 AM »
The airbending kind of reminded me of ballet. ^^'

Set from tumblr. © Respective owners
Fanfiction | FictionPress | Tumblr | dA

Offline wherewulf

• Councilman wherewulf / Moderator
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 130
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2012, 04:12:10 AM »
The props/scenery/costumes were all beautiful..but no heart in it whatsoever. No character/story/movie editing effort at all. It was sloppy and confusing and just not enjoyable to watch! It really disappointed me seeing this in theaters once. I cant bring myself to watch it again...just..no!

Thats a door in our fandom i want to remain closed. with it locked and the key thrown into the depths of hell)

(sigh)

I don't know if I'd go that far, but... oh, man.  XD

They clearly went to such trouble to have such great costumes, scenery, and props, but to have the story be such an... not an abridgment of the real story, an aberration was beyond me.

Some of it was just darn silly.  The squad of six Earthbenders going through a calisthenics set to move one rock?  Come on!

Had M. Night merely followed where Mike and Bryan had led, he would have produced a masterpiece.  This... is a masterpiece in a different sense.  XD

Yes.  And Katara and Aang going through Waterbending motions together at the North Pole was beautiful.  I do have to say that.

Offline Cassidy Alice

• Task Force
  • Winner!
    • Cassidy's Fanfiction
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2012, 04:18:41 AM »
The props/scenery/costumes were all beautiful..but no heart in it whatsoever. No character/story/movie editing effort at all. It was sloppy and confusing and just not enjoyable to watch! It really disappointed me seeing this in theaters once. I cant bring myself to watch it again...just..no!

Thats a door in our fandom i want to remain closed. with it locked and the key thrown into the depths of hell)

(sigh)

They clearly went to such trouble to have such great costumes, scenery, and props, but to have the story be such an... not an abridgment of the real story, an aberration was beyond me.

Some of it was just darn silly.  The squad of six Earthbenders going through a calisthenics set to move one rock?  Come on!

Had M. Night merely followed where Mike and Bryan had led, he would have produced a masterpiece.  This... is a masterpiece in a different sense.  XD

I'll say! A lot could have been better. XD

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2012, 05:31:41 AM »
The bending is what bugged me the most. It didn't flow like it does in the show. All we'd see is someone do these pointless and complicated moves only to bend a puddle.

Offline Cassidy Alice

• Task Force
  • Winner!
    • Cassidy's Fanfiction
« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2012, 05:36:02 AM »
Yeah, it was rather annoying. XD

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2012, 05:38:47 AM »
It was like I was watching a kung-fu movie. You know when those people do those really impossible slow kung-fu moves? I hate those. You can tell it's fake.

Offline Cassidy Alice

• Task Force
  • Winner!
    • Cassidy's Fanfiction
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2012, 05:43:57 AM »
Yup! It looked more like dance moves than martial arts or bending. ^^'

Offline Schmitty

• Naive Fools Club!
  • Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 63
  • A little bit crazy, and proud of it!
« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2012, 06:16:23 AM »

(sigh)

Yes.  And Katara and Aang going through Waterbending motions together at the North Pole was beautiful.  I do have to say that.
I think calling it a 'rock' is a bit of a strretch.

It was a pebble people.

A FREAKING PEBBLE!
Spread the Katara angle!

ATLA Keeps: The Taunting Fish (114), Katara's Blushes, Aang's Energybending, The Kataango, Sokka and Aang's Bromance
TLOK Keeps: Aang's Beard, Katara's importance of family, Kya's sass, Bumi's facial hair, Vacation Tenzin

Offline Blu

• Task Force
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 116
« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2012, 06:28:29 AM »
Well I wouldn't call it mediocre I guess. Its too fascinatingly ill-conceived. Like, I don't think this is a soulless Hollywood adaptation. I think he truly cared about telling a good story, and that's why it ended up so baffling in so many ways.

Offline Nightcrawler

• Round 2!
« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2012, 09:54:13 PM »
The bending is what bugged me the most. It didn't flow like it does in the show. All we'd see is someone do these pointless and complicated moves only to bend a puddle.
Same here. If the bending was done good and the names pronounced correctly, this would have been a lot better in my opinion, as well as AVATAR STATE WATER SPIRIT MONSTER was in the finale instead of giant wave that doesn't do anything. And if the Kyoshi Warriors were in it.

Offline Cassidy Alice

• Task Force
  • Winner!
    • Cassidy's Fanfiction
« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2012, 02:13:14 AM »
Same here. If the bending was done good and the names pronounced correctly, this would have been a lot better in my opinion, as well as AVATAR STATE WATER SPIRIT MONSTER was in the finale instead of giant wave that doesn't do anything. And if the Kyoshi Warriors were in it.
I could have forgiven the names if the bending had been a bit better and if the Giant Koizilla was there, but sadly it wasn't. And I believe Night said he planned on having the Kyoshi Warriors play a big role in the second movie, but it looks like that may not be happening. ^^'

Offline Nightcrawler

• Round 2!
« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2012, 04:29:54 AM »
Yeah, it was cancelled. Even though it was a terrible movie, I still kind of wanted to see the rest of the show get made into movies.

Offline Cassidy Alice

• Task Force
  • Winner!
    • Cassidy's Fanfiction
« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2012, 04:33:13 AM »
Me too! I thought they had already started casting for the second movie though. I remember hearing about possible actresses to play the role of Suki, but I guess it's not happening. Still, I hope someone will take up this project in the future, even if it is a big one. ^^'

Offline Secrets

• feathered and lethal
  • Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 73
« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2012, 05:08:13 AM »
Yeah, it was cancelled. Even though it was a terrible movie, I still kind of wanted to see the rest of the show get made into movies.

ugh, same

Offline Nightcrawler

• Round 2!
« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2012, 05:10:58 AM »
Maybe in the future someone will take the liberty to restart it with the first movie again but much more truer to the show.

CREDITS:

Forum coded by Seluna
Logo illustrations courtesy of terrik_zion and Seluna.
-----

Enjoy the site?
You can donate to help with hosting and maintenance costs!

-----

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:

The Korra Connection is an unofficial, non-profit fansite made by fans. It is in no way affiliated with Nickelodeon, Viacom, creators Bryan Konietzko and Michael Dante DiMartino or anything else related to the Avatar: The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra or related franchises. All ownership rights are respected by the staff of this site and no copyright infringement is intended.