Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter google youtube

Author Topic: LEGEND OF KORRA GRAPHIC NOVELS CONFIRMED!!!!!!!!: D  (Read 3885 times)

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 214
  • I'm Fenix and don't you forget it!!
Re: LEGEND OF KORRA GRAPHIC NOVELS CONFIRMED!!!!!!!!: D
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2016, 03:17:27 AM »
Why are they disappointed in something that was never meant to have a 5th season? Bryke gave confirmation that there were going to be only 4 seasons back when season 2 was airing. It'd be the fans fault for their own wishful thinking.

And hypothetically even if there was a 5th season then it's unlikely it would've ended up on Netflix, they'd need to buy the shows contract which means they'd need to be interested in it, (doubtful since the other seasons aren't on Netflix) Nick would have to be interested in selling/sharing certain right, and buying a contract can't be easy and is probably super expensive.

Apparently a lot of fans of the show see potential for at least one more season of LOK, there was a petition a while back for Netflix to pick up the show and it got nearly 50 thousand signatures.

A petition means nothing if Netflix isn't interested. And just because a lot of fans see potential for a 5th season that doesn't mean it should happen, Bryke ended it on the 4th season for a reason and they're the ones who should get the last say on matters such as that. If they don't want a 5th season it's not going to happen. Wanting all 4 seasons on Netflix is one thing but if that petition also includes wanting more seasons without Bryke's okay then it is doing nothing but forcing them to do something they may not want to do and I can never support that. Let them move on to other things, they clearly want to.

Extraordinarily awesome sig by Zevinja!!

Offline Free_Spirit

• Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 71
  • Freespirit81 on deviantART. ;)
    • Free_Spirit's Art
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2016, 03:55:21 AM »
-shrugs- Eh well it's not really all that anticipating for me so I can wait for it patiently. Assuming I'll even get around to reading it once it comes out. I still haven't read the ones from ATLA.
Well I know a few people looking forward to the release date whenever that may be, though they are disappointed there won't be a LOK season 5 on another network like Netflix.

Comics are coming out sometime this Fall. ;)

http://www.kpopstarz.com/articles/247915/20151012/the-legend-of-korra-comic-release-date.htm

"We're all connected. Everything is connected."
(Avatar Aang)

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 214
  • I'm Fenix and don't you forget it!!
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2016, 04:22:35 AM »
Oh good. Glad they have a release-ish date now. Thought we wouldn't find out until a couple weeks when it was supposed to be released like the did with the show. Remember that? Ugh, terrible.

Extraordinarily awesome sig by Zevinja!!

Offline boolboolean

• Pro-bending Fan
  • Championship Pot: 2
  • Korrasami <3
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2016, 12:07:36 PM »
Really looking forward to this comic and the Korrasami :) But what do you think the story will be about? Will it just be about Korra and Asami dating and hanging out (which I certainly wouldn't mind ;)) or will it be more like how The Promise was, with a non-romantic main plot?

Personally, I think it will focus relatively much on their relationship, much more than the TV series has focused on any relationship. But I have no idea how they will interweave that with some kind of main plot, nor what the main plot would be. I'm really curious about it! What do you think?

Edit:

It's great we know approximately when it will be released. It makes the wait a little easier...
« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 12:17:16 PM by boolboolean »

Offline Free_Spirit

• Round 2!
    • Free_Spirit's Art
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2016, 07:38:11 PM »
According to Dark Horse Comics, they will announce the release date for the first Korra comic at SDCC this July. I asked them on Twitter ( I'm @Avatar_Rei) and that's what they told me. :)

Anyone here going to their local comic book store next Saturday (May 7) for Free Comic Book Day? There'll be a free Korra comic available. :)

(Avatar Aang)

Offline boolboolean

• Pro-bending Fan
  • Korrasami <3
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2016, 08:50:07 PM »
My local comic book shop doesn't participate in FBCD :( However, another store celebrates FBCD online so they allow customers to get one for free online! It's only for the first 200 customers so I guess I must be quick :) I will definitely try to get the Korra comic, that's for sure ;)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 08:51:48 PM by boolboolean »

Offline Free_Spirit

• Round 2!
    • Free_Spirit's Art
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2016, 07:13:33 PM »
Got 2 copies of the Korra comic this morning (one for me & one for Caroline-chan5, who's been doing most of the faces for my plushes and couldn't get to her comic shop today to get one. Her copy's been mailed out, and I hope she'll get it soon). :)

The story is a little short, but good! So's the artwork. Get a copy while you still can! ;D
(Avatar Aang)

Offline bearboymcg

• Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 72
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2016, 08:07:45 PM »
Here is a link I found to copy of it online: http://avatarthelastairbenderonline.com/korra-free-comic-2016-friends-for-life-scans-and-review/

That was a cute comic:3 and it was interesting to see how Korra first found Naga:)

Beautiful Kataang set made by my Secret Santa:D

Offline Free_Spirit

• Round 2!
    • Free_Spirit's Art
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2016, 08:33:52 PM »
Yup! As soon as I saw the cover months ago, I knew that it would be about how they met! ;)

Seluna, did you and Terrik_Zion get your copies yet? If so, you should hurry; I bet that some comic shops might have run out of them by now.
<< Post Merge: May 13, 2016, 08:37:22 PM >>

The Korra comics are now coming out sometime next year! T_T

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1TYkk6xjM6c

(Nickelodeon podcast from today with Bryke)
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 08:37:22 PM by Free_Spirit »
(Avatar Aang)

Offline boolboolean

• Pro-bending Fan
  • Korrasami <3
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2016, 05:53:02 PM »
I got my copy today! I thought it was nice and it feels very much like Korra and Naga not to tire out (much to Senna and Tonraq's dismay? hehehe).

Sad to hear though that the other comic got delayed. But I'm sure it'll be great and well worth the wait!

Offline Free_Spirit

• Round 2!
    • Free_Spirit's Art
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2016, 11:14:13 PM »
There won't be any Korra comic news coming from SDCC 2016! I hope that they'll have news by NYCC (October 6-9). T_T

According to Dark Horse's Twitter account, there are apparently several reasons for lack of news and the delay for the Korra comics themselves. There's a rumor going around that Brittney Williams isn't the artist for them anymore (take with a grain of salt).

I tweeted at Dark Horse and said that IF this rumor is true I recommend Seluna and Terrik_Zion (aka Art Knight Studios, who do the amazing Avatar prequel webcomic Tashi and Nima) and even sent a link to the webcomic's site. ;D

<< Post Merge: July 11, 2016, 11:17:43 PM >>

There, however, WILL be a whole Avatar comics panel on July 24 at 12-1 PM PT (3-4 PM ET). Something to look forward to! ;)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 11:17:43 PM by Free_Spirit »
(Avatar Aang)

Offline boolboolean

• Pro-bending Fan
  • Korrasami <3
« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2016, 12:53:59 PM »
Hmmm… this Korra comic feels really elusive due to, you know, this constant lack of information. I really hope Dark Horse doesn't cancel it all together because I and probably a lot of people are looking forward to this comic so much! But they won't do that, right? (right!?)

Offline wherewulf

• Councilman wherewulf / Moderator
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 130
« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2016, 06:34:07 PM »
If it were Nick by themselves, I wouldn't doubt it.  Since it's Dark Horse, mmm.... more sanity's involved, I think.

Offline korrasami94

• Pro-bending Fan
  • Championship Pot: 1
« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2016, 02:16:27 PM »
I can't wait to read it and see Korra's and Asami's romance unfold.

Offline boolboolean

• Pro-bending Fan
  • Korrasami <3
« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2016, 04:38:11 PM »
I can't wait to read it and see Korra's and Asami's romance unfold.

Me neither! I read some news from SDCC2015 (old news I guess :D) when they announced it and they said they would focus on their relationship. Really looking forward to seeing them interact with each other now that they are couple <3. I wonder what they did when they got into the spirit world and perhaps before the final scene. Ahhh I just want to see them together in the story!

Offline Free_Spirit

• Round 2!
    • Free_Spirit's Art
« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2016, 01:00:33 AM »
OMG! The Korra comics are coming in June 2017! Will be called "Turf Wars"! New artist: Irene Koh! (This rumor has been confirmed!)

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/10/04/legend-korra-turf-wars-graphic-novel?iid=sr-link1

I CAN'T WAIT! :D

Also, Rebel Genius is out today! ;)

DISCUSS! :D
(Avatar Aang)

Offline lilithxchan

• Metalbender
  • Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 29
  • Korrasami Expert
« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2016, 04:23:44 AM »
Though I'm curious what the conflict of the comics will be, my only hope is the conflict doesn't center around "Ew Lesbians" by various other cast members. Sorry I lied I also hope we don't run into the "Bury your gays" trope.

Offline Free_Spirit

• Round 2!
    • Free_Spirit's Art
« Reply #37 on: November 27, 2016, 02:03:28 AM »
Official release date for Book 1 of Turf Wars for Amazon & bookstores: 6/20/17; comic shops will have it on 6/7/17 (comic shops usually get them 13 days earlier). :)

https://www.amazon.com/Legend-Korra-Turf-Wars-Book/dp/1506700152/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1480212109&sr=1-1&keywords=legend+of+korra+turf+wars

Discuss! :D
<< Post Merge: March 16, 2017, 08:32:18 PM >>

Part 2 of Turf Wars will come out January 17th, 2018 in comic shops, and everywhere else will have it on January 30th.

http://avatarthelastairbenderonline.com/legend-of-korra-turf-wars-part-2-coming-january-17th30th-2018/

Discuss!
« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 08:32:18 PM by Free_Spirit »
(Avatar Aang)

Offline lilithxchan

• Metalbender
  • Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 29
  • Korrasami Expert
« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2017, 10:28:29 PM »
OKAY! SO! After all the waiting in the world, Legend of Korra Turf Wars, will be hitting Comic book stores...... THIS WEEK!!!!!!!!!! 

I AM SO PUMPED!!!! AAAAAAHHHHH!

Offline Free_Spirit

• Round 2!
    • Free_Spirit's Art
« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2017, 03:44:15 AM »
OKAY! SO! After all the waiting in the world, Legend of Korra Turf Wars, will be hitting Comic book stores...... THIS WEEK!!!!!!!!!! 

I AM SO PUMPED!!!! AAAAAAHHHHH!

That's correct! Can't wait until Wednesday morning! I preordered it through my comic shop, so I am expecting a phone call from them that morning confirming it came in and is put aside for me.

The Korra panel at SDCC was today. No new news except that the release date for part 2 will now be 1/31/2018. As far as I could see, anyways. If I find anything else newsworthy, I'll bring it here.

<< Post Merge: August 08, 2017, 10:46:45 PM >>

Part 1 is AWESOME! Bookstores have it today. ;)

Part 2 will now be released 1/31/2018 in comic shops, 2/13/18 everywhere else. Today, they revealed the cover for part 3! No date is set for it yet though.

http://ew.com/books/2017/08/08/legend-of-korra-comic-team-talks-korrasami-queer-representation/

(Covers for parts 2 & 3 are at the end of the page.)
« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 10:46:45 PM by Free_Spirit »
(Avatar Aang)

CREDITS:

Forum coded by Seluna
Logo illustrations courtesy of terrik_zion and Seluna.
-----

Enjoy the site?
You can donate to help with hosting and maintenance costs!

-----

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:

The Korra Connection is an unofficial, non-profit fansite made by fans. It is in no way affiliated with Nickelodeon, Viacom, creators Bryan Konietzko and Michael Dante DiMartino or anything else related to the Avatar: The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra or related franchises. All ownership rights are respected by the staff of this site and no copyright infringement is intended.