Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter google youtube

Author Topic: hello!!  (Read 1684 times)

Offline bree

• Pro-bending Fan
  • Championship Pot: 2
    • tumblr
hello!!
« on: June 18, 2015, 03:50:36 AM »
some of you may or may not know/remember me but i was originally from kf! i was "bri" (^: towards kf shutting down i got pretty distant from the site and lately i was feeling pretty reminiscent and i knew about tkc but never really signed up so i decided to now!

hello!! (^:

art from signature by robeyart!

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 214
  • I'm Fenix and don't you forget it!!
Re: hello!!
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2015, 04:42:39 AM »
Bri!!! Sup girl!! How could I forget a fellow anime fan?

Extraordinarily awesome sig by Zevinja!!

Offline bree

• Pro-bending Fan
    • tumblr
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2015, 04:54:07 AM »
hi fenix!!!! i didnt forget you either friend!!! (^: how are you!!

its been about three years since kf went down...right? gosh thats a long time,,

Offline wherewulf

• Councilman wherewulf / Moderator
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 130
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2015, 06:02:40 PM »
Well, I'll be darned.  :D

Hey, bree!  Welcome/welcome back!

Offline bree

• Pro-bending Fan
    • tumblr
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2015, 07:57:52 PM »
hey wulf!!!!! (^: its good to be back!

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2015, 09:05:12 PM »

I'm doing really well. Can't say I'm doing much in my life currently as I'm really just floating along, but it's certainly not bad.

Yep, near the end of 2012 was when KF closed and TKC opened. Who's the character from your sig and avvie?

Offline bree

• Pro-bending Fan
    • tumblr
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2015, 09:25:03 PM »

I'm doing really well. Can't say I'm doing much in my life currently as I'm really just floating along, but it's certainly not bad.

Yep, near the end of 2012 was when KF closed and TKC opened. Who's the character from your sig and avvie?
man as long as youre doing well then thats great news!!!

im not really doing much myself tbh. i had a job for quite some time but i had to quit because ive got a baby on the way so... thats honestly the only big thing happening with me right now (^:

my sig/avatar is from oyasumi punpun! its a great manga. at first its pretty light hearted and funny but by the end it has really dark tones. theres also a lot of trigger warnings as well ///

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2015, 09:51:45 PM »
A baby eh? I'd say that's pretty huge news. That's definitely doing more than me at the moment. XDD

Surprised I've never heard of Oyasumi Punpun. I can't say I've never been into series that went darker later on, so it probably wouldn't be a big problem to me. Sounds interesting, will have to try it when I'm in the mood for something a little more dark. Speaking of manga, we gotta talk anime and manga sometime, I haven't been able to converse with much anime fans lately.

Offline bree

• Pro-bending Fan
    • tumblr
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2015, 10:17:26 PM »
yep, a baby! its not at all a fun experience though. its taking away from things i wanted to do this summer. )^: but im sure when the baby comes, ill fall right in love and not even care anymore. plus id probably feel releaved. my experience being pregnant so far is terrible haha. cant wait til im not,,

yeah its my favorite manga! (immortal rain is still a favorite too, i remember crystle was the one who got me into that manga! its part of my memories from kf lol) its by a mangaka named asano inio who happens to make a lot of dark themed manga. definitely recommended to look at his work, specifically oyasumi punpun.

im always up for talking anime/manga! B) it always surprised me that kf didnt have that many anime/manga fans, as well as this forum. yaknow, considering a:tla/tlok gives off that anime kinda vibe.

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2015, 10:47:52 PM »
Yeah, going through months of pregnancy doesn't sound much fun, but I'm sure it's all worth it in the end.

KF got a lot of us into Immortal Rain, that's still up there in my favorites. (I have way too many favorites now) I've heard of Asano Inio from some manga called Umibe no Onnanoko that I ran across one day while searching for something else. Wasn't a fan of that particular one. Don't hate me, but I didn't really like the art style much, I'm picky when it comes to art, it's one reason shoujo hugely turns me off. But oh my gosh, I just looked up Punpun on myanimelist and I've seen the god character before. I didn't know that was an actual character from a manga, and it's awesome. Punpun wins me over a bit for that one.

I know right? Avatar is probably what got me interested in anime in the first place, because I was just so into that type of style I gave anime a chance and now anime is a huge part of my life.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 10:49:55 PM by Fenix »

Offline bree

• Pro-bending Fan
    • tumblr
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2015, 11:03:46 PM »
i dont blame you for not liking umibe no onnanoko! i personally liked it, but i know a lot of people who like oyasumi punpun but didnt like uno. i cant really say the art style in either manga is all that different but theres muuuuch more story line to op than there is to uno. plus, not liking the art style, thats totally your opinion man! no hate here (^: i get that way with anime and manga too. especially manga. its hard to read an illustrated story when you dont quite like the art. nbd.

and yeah, avatar was definitely the kickstart to get me into anime! (^:

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2015, 11:15:50 PM »
I dunno I just really disliked the main guy from Uno, I can't remember too well but he bugged me or maybe I found him boring. -shrugs- My pickiness is why it took me forever to read certain manga because I wasn't fond of the art. Like Fairy Tail (well before the art evolved) and Nanatsu no Taizai for example even though their in my like top 10 now and I adore their art now. And One Piece, although I still haven't gotten into that series because it's hella long. But if I can tolerate Attack on Titan's manga art (it sucks so bad) then I can get used to the art for this Punpun manga.

I mean Kingdom Hearts and FMA are the biggest culprits in my anime obsession, but I dunno if I would've given either of them a chance if it wasn't for Avatar.

I forget, you had a sig shop at KF right?

Offline bree

• Pro-bending Fan
    • tumblr
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2015, 11:42:47 PM »
yeah, no, uno was kind of a special taste. plus all of the naughties they had in there were underage kids ssssssso its... an arguably inappropriate as heck manga. but op starts off with punpun (who his character doesnt really look human until the the end of the manga when it shows the darkest parts of his life and even then punpuns face looks like my icon) and it goes on to show what punpuns life is like til hes in his 20s.

(click to show/hide)but this manga also has like mentions of rape, crazy physical and mental abuse, murder, suicide. its like....really really dark. so even punpun is a preferred taste of manga. :/

i have a bit of a hipster streak though so i tend to not like mainstream anime. i like the ones that i think deserve credit (definitely fma) but as far as one piece, fairy tale, naruto, etc... i just dont like. i also dont care for many 100+ episode animes. i think the longest anime i enjoyed was d.gray man. i remember being upset with the ending though. and never got around to the manga. (i also know the beginning of the manga for dgm is not so great)

(also on aot, i love the manga for that series though im far behind on it now and i totally agree. the art for that manga is sad)

and yes! i had a sig shop (^: i dont remember my photobucket account anymore though, so i lost all the graphics i made before )^,: and after kf i worked more on my art on sai than making graphics so im a little rusty. its why my set is kinda boring.

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2015, 12:19:37 AM »
Wow, Punpun definitely sounds an acquired taste kind of manga. I can take some dark, depressing elements at times, but that may be a little heavy for me. I still have to have some light going on to be able to handle heaviness like that.

I just like whatever sounds good to me. If it's popular I figure there's a reason for it and I might just agree with those reasons. That being said I haven't really been into most of the main popular anime series for a long time except maybe Fairy Tail because despite it being the most cliche shounen I just love the characters. I lost interest in Naruto ages ago and Bleach was never a huge priority on my list despite liking it.

I still like my action shounen though so I've been really into Magi the Labyrinth these past few years. Sure it's popular but like FMA I think it deserves it popularity. In fact I think it deserves to be far more popular than the big 3. I like it because even though it's definitely got some shounen action elements, it cares more about its plot than the fighting. The characters I think are better developed than most, and it takes a more grey morality approach. It's the same with Nanatsu no Taizai and Ao No Exorcist. They're how I think shounen should be.

And don't even get me started on 100+ episode anime, I don't think there's one anime with that many episodes that I've successfully finished or watched all of without missing an episode. Not even Inuyasha.

I'm not keeping up with AOT either. I read the most recent chapter and I had no freaking idea what was going on. Also I think the art has actually gotten worse in some aspects, like with the faces or something.

Offline bree

• Pro-bending Fan
    • tumblr
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2015, 12:49:31 AM »
yeah, whenever im to suggest oyasumi punpun to someone i always try to give them a good explanation of what to expect, because i definitely know its not the kinda story everyone wants to experience.

shonen is also my favorite anime/manga genre! and there should definitely be more shonen like ano, thats one of my favorite animes! havent heard of nanatsu no taizai though.

i did enjoy keeping up with aot but its easier for me to read manga thats already finished because waiting month and month and month for a chapter makes me lose mangas and eventually i just...forget about what happened. so. ongoing mangas are hard for me to keep up with.

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2015, 01:46:05 AM »
Hehe, yeah. I'm also the type who likes fiction for the escape so I prefer my series to usually be something very far away from real life struggles. XDD

So have you read the Ao No Exorcist manga? Because it's amazing, especially the most recent arc.
Nanatsu no Taizai or Seven Deadly Sins is a medieval fantasy series connected to the Arthurian Legends aka King Arthur. It's about these knights that were known as the Seven Deadly Sins because they had all once been criminals and their sins were connected to their crimes. At the beginning of the story they get accused of murdering a fellow knight and end up becoming fugitives on the run. Ten years later a girl goes looking for these 7 in need of their help and thus basically starts the journey of finding these ex-Knights.
That's the gist of it really, it's a cool and funny series, plus the best part is that everyone is basically already overpowered so it makes the fights extra fun. It's got an anime in case you're interested. It even has a good amount of romance suprisingly.

Yeah, I'm a bit like that myself. Well I've been able to keep up with some manga because of a manga app I have on my phone but I have so much I'm into that I can't keep track of them at all. I've only been able to keep up with Magi and Fairy Tail and a couple others out of habit. Magi cuz I'm just plain obsessed with that manga. I admit I got a bit bored with AOT at times and I get lost a lot so that's my problem with that.

Offline bree

• Pro-bending Fan
    • tumblr
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2015, 02:29:32 AM »
yeah, nah, its cool. (^: its a good story but only if youre into that kinda stuff. like idk my favorite type of stories/movies/mangas are the dark euphoric ones that can get you to cry.

when ao no excorcist aired its last episode i moved onto the manga because i loved it so much and i read through it in two days. i kept up with it for about two months but after that some personal life problems got in the way and i pretty much dropped any and everything. tl;dr, i need to reread the manga and catch up.
and nanatsu no taizai sounds pretty interesting. think i might give that one a shot. (^:

for a while i was able to keep up with all of my manga through manga apps on my phone but i just recently went through 3 phones and i had to drop pretty much all the manga i was reading because i cant remember all of what i was reading and what chapter )^:

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2015, 02:45:47 AM »
My favorites have a lot of variety apparently. I mean my top 5 anime are FMA, Eureka Seven, Durarara, Steins;Gate, and Toradora. Every single one is different from one another. In fact they're all different genres. FMA a shounen, Eureka Seven a mecha, Durarara is in it's own genre practically, Steins;Gate is a time travel sci-fi, and Toradora is a Romcom/Dramedy.

You definitely need to catch up. The most recent arc revolves mostly around a certain character and a huge revelation about them and it's just wow is all I can say. Luckly since ANO is a monthly manga it's only on chapter 67 which is actually a pretty fast read compared a lot of other popular mangas.
Yeah, Nanatsu no Taizai is pretty dang cool. Just don't expect it to be too dark, it's still a shounen.

I'm pretty sure some manga apps have a way for you to export and import your favorites to other phones. At least Manga Reader does that.

Offline Noodles Aang Colbert

• Airbending Guru
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 136
  • Wonder what kind of cupcakes they like?
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2015, 09:35:43 AM »
*puts a cupcake on your head*
Welcome to TKC!
If you want my Facebook, Tumblr, or Twitter contact just ask! :D

Offline bearboymcg

• Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 72
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2015, 08:59:29 PM »
Welcome to TKC:D I hope that you'll have fun here:D

Beautiful Kataang set made by my Secret Santa:D

CREDITS:

Forum coded by Seluna
Logo illustrations courtesy of terrik_zion and Seluna.
-----

Enjoy the site?
You can donate to help with hosting and maintenance costs!

-----

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:

The Korra Connection is an unofficial, non-profit fansite made by fans. It is in no way affiliated with Nickelodeon, Viacom, creators Bryan Konietzko and Michael Dante DiMartino or anything else related to the Avatar: The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra or related franchises. All ownership rights are respected by the staff of this site and no copyright infringement is intended.