Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter google youtube

Author Topic: What Stars Would You Have Replaced In the Movie and Everything Else  (Read 402 times)

Offline Die.Toets

• Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 13
I can't say since I haven't seen the movie but I AM really curious what you guys have to say. ^^

But on nationality, probably Filipino. Doesn't matter if it's here in the states or their Native country or else where as long they act good. :|

Tim Burton style special effects.

Offline wherewulf

• Councilman wherewulf / Moderator
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 130
Re: What Stars Would You Have Replaced In the Movie and Everything Else
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2015, 06:25:58 PM »
I liked Dev Patel as Zuko and Shaun Toub as Iroh, so I'd definitely want them in.  Aasif Mandvi as Zhao... good grief.  XD  Out.

Seychelle Gabriel did a good job as Yue, and Nicola Pelz and Noah Ringer weren't too bad as Katara and Aang, I thought, but the dialogue was so unbelievably clunky.  Just about everyone else, out.  Most especially M. Night Shymalan himself.  Ugh.

Who would I have replace those people I wanted out... I honestly have no idea.

EDIT: you know, I have to amend that.  As a replacement, I could see Daniel Dae Kim as Zhao.  He was diabolical enough as General Fong and Hiroshi Sato, I think he'd make a good live-action Zhao, too.

I also wouldn't mind seeing either Denzel Washington or Samuel L. Jackson (yeah, him) as Pakku.  And as Ozai, assuming I have an infinite budget and power to bring back people from the dead, I would love to see Toshiro Mifune, he that was Yoshi Toranaga in Shogun.  :D

For that matter, if I couldn't have Dev Patel as Zuko, I really think he could pull off a good Sokka.  I think he has the attitude.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 01:43:44 AM by wherewulf »

CREDITS:

Forum coded by Seluna
Logo illustrations courtesy of terrik_zion and Seluna.
-----

Enjoy the site?
You can donate to help with hosting and maintenance costs!

-----

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:

The Korra Connection is an unofficial, non-profit fansite made by fans. It is in no way affiliated with Nickelodeon, Viacom, creators Bryan Konietzko and Michael Dante DiMartino or anything else related to the Avatar: The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra or related franchises. All ownership rights are respected by the staff of this site and no copyright infringement is intended.