Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter google youtube

Author Topic: How many times have you watched ATLA &/or LOK?  (Read 3130 times)

Offline bobcat4848

• Pro-bending Fan
  • Championship Pot: 7
How many times have you watched ATLA &/or LOK?
« on: May 08, 2015, 12:17:49 AM »
In total, I have watched ATLA 3 times now and LOK only once.

Funny thing was I marathoned LOK first over spring break and a couple weeks later, I went to ATLA. After watching it the first time, I watched it the following week, skipped a week, and watched it for the third time. I find the series so wonderful and amazing to watch. So many memories that can't be forgotten. Planning on reading all the comics they have available after the animated series very soon.

Tell me below how many times you've watched each and over the course of how long? It usually takes me about a full weekend and the Monday to finish the entire series of avatar. I have always loved it and I hope the community will stay strong even years after the Avatar universe is completely over.

Offline Banjolover9

• Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 12
Re: How many times have you watched ATLA &/or LOK?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2015, 04:06:09 AM »
Well, after a year and a half, my college buddies and I finished A:TLA. That would be my....sixth? Seventh? 324th time? Then we started Season one LoK but we're lightweights and are only six episodes in. However, on my own, I've been rewatching the episodes over and over again, especially when I'm at the gym and on the elliptical. Really passes the time. So, for Lok? Going for maybe 14th or 15th for some episodes. I'm really bad at watching them chronologically because there are certain moments that I just want to rewatch. It's quite great. I honestly don't know how many times really, doesn't really matter. The feelings never change for me, it will always be the best animated television series I ever did see (for both, don't ask me choose A:TLA over LoK, that ain't fair to my poor Avatar-loving heart). 

"True immortality isn't about living forever, its about what you do with the time you have."

"If you forget where you are from, you will never know where you are going."

Offline bobcat4848

• Pro-bending Fan
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2015, 01:57:52 PM »
Well, after a year and a half, my college buddies and I finished A:TLA. That would be my....sixth? Seventh? 324th time? Then we started Season one LoK but we're lightweights and are only six episodes in. However, on my own, I've been rewatching the episodes over and over again, especially when I'm at the gym and on the elliptical. Really passes the time. So, for Lok? Going for maybe 14th or 15th for some episodes. I'm really bad at watching them chronologically because there are certain moments that I just want to rewatch. It's quite great. I honestly don't know how many times really, doesn't really matter. The feelings never change for me, it will always be the best animated television series I ever did see (for both, don't ask me choose A:TLA over LoK, that ain't fair to my poor Avatar-loving heart). 

Awesome. Love how there is other people out there that like the show just as much as I do. Great to hear some positive feedback so far. :D

Offline Crystle

• Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 46
    • DA
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2015, 09:15:30 PM »
I literally can't count the number of times I watched ATLA. I've been pretty active in the fandom (understatement) from early-ish on, and i've participated in rewatches and made lists of adorable moments that characters have together and had to watch episodes multiple times in several timeslots when they aired to make sure I knew what was a spoiler and what wasn't.
Cannot comprehend the number, man.

I haven't watched through Korra even once, to be honest, because after that dedication I had for ATLA, Korra kinda betrayed my trust fairly early. After Season 1 I just... stopped. I've watched a few episodes, like the finales, but even then they didn't pique my interest enough.

Offline bobcat4848

• Pro-bending Fan
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2015, 12:50:02 AM »
I literally can't count the number of times I watched ATLA. I've been pretty active in the fandom (understatement) from early-ish on, and i've participated in rewatches and made lists of adorable moments that characters have together and had to watch episodes multiple times in several timeslots when they aired to make sure I knew what was a spoiler and what wasn't.

I haven't watched through Korra even once, to be honest, because after that dedication I had for ATLA, Korra kinda betrayed my trust fairly early. After Season 1 I just... stopped. I've watched a few episodes, like the finales, but even then they didn't pique my interest enough.

Glad you love ATLA. Maybe sometime you can move on to Season 2 with Korra. Grab some popcorn or some food and just marathon. Enjoy the little moments, laugh, and have fun!

Offline Av

• Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 153
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2015, 01:48:33 AM »

Glad you love ATLA. Maybe sometime you can move on to Season 2 with Korra. Grab some popcorn or some food and just marathon. Enjoy the little moments, laugh, and have fun!
Season 2 is significantly better watching it all the way through as opposed to one episode a week. Plus it has Beginnings, which is downright fantastic.

Which is funny considering it's easily the weakest season overall.

It really sucks that it took them until seasons 3 and 4 to really get their groove back and have consistency and overarching plots that coalesce and produce actual consequences for characters' actions.

I really wonder what this series could've been if Nick hadn't slapped them around going back and forth as to how many episodes they were supposed to make. It's impressive what they managed to do considering the little amount of time they had to go back to square one and restructure everything.

I also respect Mike and Bryan for being one of the few showrunners and creators out there who actually listen to constructive criticism. Words cannot describe how much I respect that. It is so easy to lock yourself in a bubble, and they were having none of that. The story became much stronger as a result.
AV IS FLAWLESS
I HEAR HIS SNARK IS INSURED FOR 10000 DOLLARS
I HEAR HE MAKES AVATAR COMMERCIALS IN TIAWAN
ONE TIME HE HIT ON ME
...IT WAS AWESOME

Offline bearboymcg

• Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 72
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2015, 02:00:19 AM »
I have no idea how many times I've seen Avatar:The Last Airbender.Since it aired 10 years ago,I've seen their episodes many times,either in order or just random episodes:) It's a great series and I enjoy watching it:D

As for Korra,I have not watched anywhere near as many times.I've watched it through I think once when I originally watched through them.Though I have seen some the episodes multiple times.It's not that I don't like the series,which I enjoy watching it,it is just newer,it seems to rarely come on TV and I usally don't bother to watch the DVDs.

Beautiful Kataang set made by my Secret Santa:D

Offline bobcat4848

• Pro-bending Fan
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2015, 02:07:25 AM »
I have no idea how many times I've seen Avatar:The Last Airbender.Since it aired 10 years ago,I've seen their episodes many times,either in order or just random episodes:) It's a great series and I enjoy watching it:D

As for Korra,I have not watched anywhere near as many times.I've watched it through I think once when I originally watched through them.Though I have seen some the episodes multiple times.It's not that I don't like the series,which I enjoy watching it,it is just newer,it seems to rarely come on TV and I usally don't bother to watch the DVDs.

It's all good. I personally enjoy ATLA over LOK as well. I watched LOK once and ATLA 3 times so far. I plan on watching ATLA again and again. It always made me laugh and I enjoyed every little moment of it.

Offline wherewulf

• Councilman wherewulf / Moderator
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 130
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2015, 06:32:14 PM »

Slight understatement.  :D

ATLA I've seen three times through, the original airing and getting caught up, the first time I watched the DVDs, then the second, over several years.  LoK only once, the original airing.

Season 2 is significantly better watching it all the way through as opposed to one episode a week. Plus it has Beginnings, which is downright fantastic.

It really sucks that it took them until seasons 3 and 4 to really get their groove back and have consistency and overarching plots that coalesce and produce actual consequences for characters' actions.

I really wonder what this series could've been if Nick hadn't slapped them around going back and forth as to how many episodes they were supposed to make. It's impressive what they managed to do considering the little amount of time they had to go back to square one and restructure everything.

I also respect Mike and Bryan for being one of the few showrunners and creators out there who actually listen to constructive criticism. Words cannot describe how much I respect that. It is so easy to lock yourself in a bubble, and they were having none of that. The story became much stronger as a result.

I agree with most of this.  I haven't seen Season 2 in one piece yet, and I have to think that'll be easier to watch than one episode at a time; a lot of Season 2 was hard to watch for me up until Wan entered the picture.  I look forward to hearing Mike & Bryan's explanations on the DVDs because some of that... ugh.

Seasons 3 and 4 were much more cohesive and better put-together, to me.  I wish Nick had given Mike and Bryan more of a chance to cleanly create things; I have to wonder how much of their jerking Mike and Bryan around affected Season 2 as well as 3 and 4.

Offline bobcat4848

• Pro-bending Fan
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2015, 08:13:51 PM »

Slight understatement.  :D

ATLA I've seen three times through, the original airing and getting caught up, the first time I watched the DVDs, then the second, over several years.  LoK only once, the original airing.

I agree with most of this.  I haven't seen Season 2 in one piece yet, and I have to think that'll be easier to watch than one episode at a time; a lot of Season 2 was hard to watch for me up until Wan entered the picture.  I look forward to hearing Mike & Bryan's explanations on the DVDs because some of that... ugh.

Seasons 3 and 4 were much more cohesive and better put-together, to me.  I wish Nick had given Mike and Bryan more of a chance to cleanly create things; I have to wonder how much of their jerking Mike and Bryan around affected Season 2 as well as 3 and 4.

I'm glad how they turned out in the end. Knowing they had to combat a lot of problems with LoK's budget; they still made it through.

Offline ThePaintedLady

• Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 14
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2015, 11:44:52 PM »
I've watched ATLA maybe twice? At least every episode once, but there would be some I've watched two, three, four times. And I've watched all of LOK twice.

Offline bobcat4848

• Pro-bending Fan
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2015, 12:14:06 AM »
I've watched ATLA maybe twice? At least every episode once, but there would be some I've watched two, three, four times. And I've watched all of LOK twice.

You should try to marathon ATLA. Watch all the episodes in order so that you get the full feel. :D

Offline Schmitty

• Naive Fools Club!
  • Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 63
  • A little bit crazy, and proud of it!
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2015, 12:37:52 AM »
I've honestly lost count of how many times I've watched A:TLA. I couldn't give you a rough number even if I tried.

LoK though, only once, and I still haven't seen the Book 4 finale. It just doesn't have the same charm as A:TLA did. The single story arcs were a massive let down for me, none of the characters really grabbed me, and the relationships especially were not fleshed out nearly enough to make them interesting, both romantic and platonic. Honestly I didn't even get the feeling that the Krew were an actual team, but more or less acquaintances.
Spread the Katara angle!

ATLA Keeps: The Taunting Fish (114), Katara's Blushes, Aang's Energybending, The Kataango, Sokka and Aang's Bromance
TLOK Keeps: Aang's Beard, Katara's importance of family, Kya's sass, Bumi's facial hair, Vacation Tenzin

Offline Crystle

• Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 46
    • DA
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2015, 02:39:03 AM »
I get that Korra has "Beginnings", the Wan episodes, and they're great as stand alone episodes. Having such a wonderfully complex character and concept which was followed up a fairly mediocre main storyline and poor character development was the thing that turned me off.

I do respect Mike and Bryan, and I never will not, but eh. And I certainly have nothing against fans of LOK, it's just not for me.

Offline Av

• Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 153
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2015, 03:29:08 AM »
I became more invested in Raava and Wan in one hour than I did in the Krew in a season and a half, definitely.
AV IS FLAWLESS
I HEAR HIS SNARK IS INSURED FOR 10000 DOLLARS
I HEAR HE MAKES AVATAR COMMERCIALS IN TIAWAN
ONE TIME HE HIT ON ME
...IT WAS AWESOME

Offline Carolinechan5

• The future...is in the past! ONWARD, AOSHIMA!
  • Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 55
  • twooooo lovers forbidden from one anotheeeeer
    • My deviantART
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2015, 12:47:04 PM »
I've watched ATLA more times than I can count. Actually just finished another rewatch of it last week XD

As for Korra I've seen book 1 three times and book 4 two times. Really need to go back and watch books 2&3 again

Offline Die.Toets

• Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 13
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2015, 08:44:02 PM »
I've seen all the season of ATLA about whole (once) and few times some episodes. Didn't make it twice or three times and more to beyond. I still have the scars from some things of the other forum which is why I can't live my love for that reason of that show and other reasons why. Think of it like a wounded person in the battlefield still etc. :/

Offline Lionheart

• Task Force
  • Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 52
  • Taking out the dregs of humanity since 1917.
    • My FF.net
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2015, 06:48:43 PM »

Set by Waterlady

Offline PhortyTwo

• lurking
  • Pro-bending Fan
  • Championship Pot: 3
  • always lurking
    • IndieBox!
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2015, 07:28:08 AM »
It's very strange to actually consider the fact that ATLA aired 10 whole years ago, but since then I've seen it 4 times. ATLA was actually like an entire stage in my life, as I'm sure it was for many. I've been called back over the years to rewatch a season over the course of a full day, but a full rewatch is something I haven't attempted in quite some time. Strange how time flies.

Offline bobcat4848

• Pro-bending Fan
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2015, 09:34:32 PM »
It's very strange to actually consider the fact that ATLA aired 10 whole years ago, but since then I've seen it 4 times. ATLA was actually like an entire stage in my life, as I'm sure it was for many. I've been called back over the years to rewatch a season over the course of a full day, but a full rewatch is something I haven't attempted in quite some time. Strange how time flies.

Indeed for me. It's a stage for me to. Glad I am not the only one!

CREDITS:

Forum coded by Seluna
Logo illustrations courtesy of terrik_zion and Seluna.
-----

Enjoy the site?
You can donate to help with hosting and maintenance costs!

-----

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:

The Korra Connection is an unofficial, non-profit fansite made by fans. It is in no way affiliated with Nickelodeon, Viacom, creators Bryan Konietzko and Michael Dante DiMartino or anything else related to the Avatar: The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra or related franchises. All ownership rights are respected by the staff of this site and no copyright infringement is intended.