Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter google youtube

Author Topic: Do you think a Metalbender could stop a bullet?  (Read 649 times)

Offline Lionheart

• Task Force
  • Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 52
  • Taking out the dregs of humanity since 1917.
    • My FF.net
Do you think a Metalbender could stop a bullet?
« on: February 24, 2015, 01:39:41 AM »
Say a Metalbender faces enemies with rifles. Do you think a Metalbender could stop a bullet? Technically, they could because bullets are made of lead and copper. I think a good one could stop a bullet if it's a single-fire and from a long range. At close range or from automatic weapons, they're done for.
Set by Waterlady

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 214
  • I'm Fenix and don't you forget it!!
Re: Do you think a Metalbender could stop a bullet?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2015, 03:03:59 AM »
Probably depends on how experienced the metalbender is and how fast the bullet is going. Or even if they see the bullet beforehand or not.

Extraordinarily awesome sig by Zevinja!!

Offline ThePaintedLady

• Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 14
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2015, 05:53:20 AM »
I think they'd need to be able to "see" it coming. Toph would be able to see the shooter pull the trigger I'm assuming So I think she would. As for anyone else? I think if they we knew they were going to be shot they might be able to. Whose to say they can't bend bullets before they've been shot?

Offline Tiger

• Chi Blocker
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 110
  • I'm the Wan and the only
    • My DA
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2015, 04:13:23 PM »
I really don't think they'd "stop" the bullet in time. But they sure could "deflect" or slightly change the bullet's direction just so it wouldn't hit them.

older sigs (click to show/hide)

Offline Av

• Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 153
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2015, 05:11:10 PM »
As stated, it depends entirely upon whether they're aware that it's about to be fired beforehand. With the speed a bullet travels, they'd have to lock the mechanism or hold the bullet in place inside the weapon in order to not get shot.

<< Post Merge: February 24, 2015, 05:12:32 PM >>

A wooden bullet of sorts would be a far more effective all-purpose lethal weapon in the bending world. Suck all the moisture out of it and no one element can stop it. There's a question of durability, however.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 05:13:10 PM by Av »
AV IS FLAWLESS
I HEAR HIS SNARK IS INSURED FOR 10000 DOLLARS
I HEAR HE MAKES AVATAR COMMERCIALS IN TIAWAN
ONE TIME HE HIT ON ME
...IT WAS AWESOME

Offline wherewulf

• Councilman wherewulf / Moderator
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 130
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2015, 07:22:23 PM »
I really don't think they'd "stop" the bullet in time. But they sure could "deflect" or slightly change the bullet's direction just so it wouldn't hit them.

I mostly agree with this.  I think a skilled Metalbender could bring bullets to a full stop given some warning they were about to be shot at, but I think it's far more likely they'd be able to change the bullets' trajectories just enough to avoid getting hit.  I think I could also see a Metalbender disabling the gun at long range or, even more effectively, stop the second or third bullet from being fired by obstructing the gun barrel.  Another thought is they could continue to change the bullets' trajectories Kung Fu Panda 2-style and send the bullets back where they came from--again if the Metalbender knew they were being fired at.

CREDITS:

Forum coded by Seluna
Logo illustrations courtesy of terrik_zion and Seluna.
-----

Enjoy the site?
You can donate to help with hosting and maintenance costs!

-----

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:

The Korra Connection is an unofficial, non-profit fansite made by fans. It is in no way affiliated with Nickelodeon, Viacom, creators Bryan Konietzko and Michael Dante DiMartino or anything else related to the Avatar: The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra or related franchises. All ownership rights are respected by the staff of this site and no copyright infringement is intended.