Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter google youtube

Author Topic: Bloodbending yourself  (Read 2355 times)

Offline Nightmare_Shinigami

• Pro-bending Fan
  • Championship Pot: 1
Bloodbending yourself
« on: January 07, 2015, 10:38:21 AM »
I was wondering if a Bloodbender would be able to use his/her own Body as a Human Puppet (like when he/she is paralized or has a broken Bone and can't normaly move anymore.

Offline ThePaintedLady

• Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 14
Re: Bloodbending yourself
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2015, 10:49:34 AM »
I don't see any reason it wouldn't be possible. However, if you were paralysed you couldn't move your hand to blood bend unless you could bloodbend like Yakone did, without moving.

Offline Av

• Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 153
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2015, 10:50:34 AM »
... That's a fantastic question, honestly. It would certainly be interesting for the paralyzed.
<< Post Merge: January 07, 2015, 10:52:21 AM >>

It could come at  serious cost to their overall health, however. But if Toph could control that  makeshift suit of metal armor in the finale, which she had to control all the moving parts of simultaneously, I don't see why a skilled waterbender couldn't pull this off.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 10:52:21 AM by Av »
AV IS FLAWLESS
I HEAR HIS SNARK IS INSURED FOR 10000 DOLLARS
I HEAR HE MAKES AVATAR COMMERCIALS IN TIAWAN
ONE TIME HE HIT ON ME
...IT WAS AWESOME

• Pro-bending Fan
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2015, 11:50:08 AM »
I don't see any reason it wouldn't be possible. However, if you were paralysed you couldn't move your hand to blood bend unless you could bloodbend like Yakone did, without moving.

Well, if only your Legs are paralyzed, you could still use your Arms, same when one Arm is not useable. And the Waterbender of the Red Lotus didn't even have Arms. So with the right amount of Training someone could bend without fancy Movements.

Offline Water Lily

• Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 137
  • ~Waterbender Lily~
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2015, 10:17:49 PM »
It would be really interesting if they did. Apart from paralysis and other nerve issues, I can totally see a headcanon about waterbenders' methods of suicide including bloodbending themselves. :/

~To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.~

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 214
  • I'm Fenix and don't you forget it!!
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2015, 11:00:17 PM »
But I mean, who would want to find out if it's possible to bloodbend themselves?

Extraordinarily awesome sig by Zevinja!!

Offline Av

• Knockout!
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2015, 12:11:04 AM »
But I mean, who would want to find out if it's possible to bloodbend themselves?
Somebody who wants to be able to have mobility again and is willing to try anything.
AV IS FLAWLESS
ONE TIME HE HIT ON ME
...IT WAS AWESOME

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2015, 12:14:56 AM »
I'm just not sure that would work though unless you could bloodbend without physical motion like Amon, Tarlokk and their father could do. That was something incredibly rare and exclusive with the family.

Offline Av

• Knockout!
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2015, 08:33:56 AM »
I'm just not sure that would work though unless you could bloodbend without physical motion like Amon, Tarlokk and their father could do. That was something incredibly rare and exclusive with the family.
See, I don't know if it's genetic or if it was just never attempted.

It wasn't just Toph who was capable of metalbending, she was just the first one who really tried. 
AV IS FLAWLESS
ONE TIME HE HIT ON ME
...IT WAS AWESOME

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2015, 05:31:58 PM »
Or it could be a special exclusive ability like the combustion people, we just don't know.

Offline ThePaintedLady

• Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 14
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2015, 10:05:56 PM »
Somebody who wants to be able to have mobility again and is willing to try anything.
Okay. This is very interesting. Let's assume we have a paraplegic person - who is a blood bender and wishes to regain their own movement. Depending on why they have loss movement if they have severed their spinal cord - I doubt that can be bloodbended back together, perhaps that magic spirit water might do the trick but not just normal blood bending. Muscle weakness causing a person to loose the use of their limbs? I think bloodbending would work for that, but it would require continuing treatment particularly if the person had a chronic condition.

Offline Av

• Knockout!
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2015, 10:54:50 PM »
Okay. This is very interesting. Let's assume we have a paraplegic person - who is a blood bender and wishes to regain their own movement. Depending on why they have loss movement if they have severed their spinal cord - I doubt that can be bloodbended back together, perhaps that magic spirit water might do the trick but not just normal blood bending. Muscle weakness causing a person to loose the use of their limbs? I think bloodbending would work for that, but it would require continuing treatment particularly if the person had a chronic condition.
For the former, the idea is that they literally bloodbend each limb around manually using bending, possibly even like a ragdoll.
AV IS FLAWLESS
ONE TIME HE HIT ON ME
...IT WAS AWESOME

Offline Cassidy Alice

• "Laughter's the best medicine!"
  • Task Force
  • Winner!
  • Championship Pot: 262
    • Cassidy's Fanfiction
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2015, 03:59:31 PM »
It would be really interesting if they did. Apart from paralysis and other nerve issues, I can totally see a headcanon about waterbenders' methods of suicide including bloodbending themselves. :/

I hadn't even thought about something like that, but it's certainly and interesting theory!

Set from tumblr. ę Respective owners
Fanfiction | FictionPress | Tumblr | dA

• Pro-bending Fan
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2015, 04:56:12 PM »
I'll just realized something... Amon was almost not effected by Tarrloks Bloodbending and since Amon himself is a Bloodbender I think he might have bloodbended himself to "override" his Brothers Bloodbending.

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2015, 08:01:29 PM »
I don't think you need to bloodbend yourself to overcome someone else's control over you. It's as simple as the fact the Amon trained his body enough to learn how overcome it, something I think any strong bender could probably learn how to do.
<< Post Merge: January 15, 2015, 08:01:55 PM >>

Offline Av

• Knockout!
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2015, 05:47:55 AM »
I don't think you need to bloodbend yourself to overcome someone else's control over you. It's as simple as the fact the Amon trained his body enough to learn how overcome it, something I think any strong bender could probably learn how to do.
At the end of the day this is entirely speculation since this family is, as of now, a complete anomaly and we can only really make conjecture.

We do know that Yakone wanted Noatok to bloodbend Tarrlok and he refused, but I don't know if that was a final right of passage, or a way of training Tarrlok to fight it off that neither brother was told of.

I don't think just any strong bender could learn how to stop being bloodbent. Maybe a bloodbender (thus a waterbender) could. But I don't think we'll ever definitely know if it's a force of will/neutralization method or a counter/self-bloodbending method.
<< Post Merge: January 16, 2015, 05:53:54 AM >>

To me, the concept of force-of-will bloodbending defense seems absolutely ridiculous. They're bending your blood, allowing them complete control of your body's overall movement. You're more likely to rupture a blood vessel attempting to move against their will than you are to regain control.

I feel personally that it's more along the lines of when two waterbenders are trying to control the same liquid. They're both trying to overpower the other. I feel like, seeing as Noatok has likely been training much longer and harder, to the point where he managed to use Bloodbending to control chakra-flow, he would likely be much more proficient than Tarrlok, and was thus able to regain control over Tarrlok's bloodbending with relative ease. So, in that sense, it could be construed as force of will. But I think you definitely need to have the tools to be a contender.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 05:54:47 AM by Av »
AV IS FLAWLESS
ONE TIME HE HIT ON ME
...IT WAS AWESOME

Offline Cassidy Alice

• "Laughter's the best medicine!"
  • Task Force
  • Winner!
  • Championship Pot: 262
    • Cassidy's Fanfiction
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2015, 05:46:40 PM »
That's actually a really interesting theory! Wish we'd gotten more info on it, because now I'm curious.

Set from tumblr. ę Respective owners
Fanfiction | FictionPress | Tumblr | dA

Offline ignite444

• Azula's Rage
  • Lightningbender
  • Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 15
  • Ultimate Firebender
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2015, 07:51:51 PM »
I can think of a wonderful way to use bloodbending productively. *Sly look* And no, not sexually, ha.

Offline Nadeshani

• Lightningbender
  • Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 80
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2015, 08:14:29 PM »
Interesting theories...now i'm just thinking about how it could be used to stem bloodflow from
wounds and such. Although i guess that would have to do more with bloodcells and whatnot. There's just so much we don't know now.

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2015, 11:36:59 PM »
I can think of a wonderful way to use bloodbending productively. *Sly look* And no, not sexually, ha.

Vampires?

CREDITS:

Forum coded by Seluna
Logo illustrations courtesy of terrik_zion and Seluna.
-----

Enjoy the site?
You can donate to help with hosting and maintenance costs!

-----

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:

The Korra Connection is an unofficial, non-profit fansite made by fans. It is in no way affiliated with Nickelodeon, Viacom, creators Bryan Konietzko and Michael Dante DiMartino or anything else related to the Avatar: The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra or related franchises. All ownership rights are respected by the staff of this site and no copyright infringement is intended.